STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Funny this conversation is going on because I was asked to spot two people on bench today, one after the other. :lol:

One was a friend, but the other was some random. Made sure to ask how many he was going for and if/when he wanted help. Guy put up 295 for 4 easy. Not even sure why I was there tbh.

Getting close to that 315lb clean.

41FB7997-B695-4880-ABA4-9709D4913136.jpeg

did my day 1 on my new program... wow... i am not used to squatting and benching on the same day.

the workout kicked my *** but i had fun. after squats I felt so weak on the bench cause my CNS was tired af. im hoping my body adapts to it.

also its hard af for me to keep my balance on the goblet bulgarian split squat lol

a retro fitness and blink are opening in my area. which is better? when I go back I intend to do cardio but heavy lifting as well

did my day 1 on my new program... wow... i am not used to squatting and benching on the same day.

the workout kicked my *** but i had fun. after squats I felt so weak on the bench cause my CNS was tired af. im hoping my body adapts to it.

also its hard af for me to keep my balance on the goblet bulgarian split squat lol

You’ll get used to it, I think I might switch to total body daily again vs 2 back days, chest, shoulder, legs.

Idk, I liked benching first because it didn’t take anything out of my squat and your back is warmed up for squats after.

I think I’m about to give up bench all together. I don’t enjoy it at all I’ve realized tonight. My max has been 245 for a year, I can hit that any day of the week but any more than that and my arm and shoulder just give out.

I got plates in my forearm on both bones and have really limited ROM in my wrist from it. So I think that ends up torquing my shoulder.

Db press is good though because it doesn’t twist my shoulder. I think it’s gonna be db from here on out. My shoulder and plates in my arm feel like hell right now.

a retro fitness and blink are opening in my area. which is better? when I go back I intend to do cardio but heavy lifting as well
I've utilized both in my area. the retro by me had better options regarding machines and also DB went into triple digits vs the blink by me only went to 70. the Blink was way cleaner and had better looking broads

I think I’m about to give up bench all together. I don’t enjoy it at all I’ve realized tonight. My max has been 245 for a year, I can hit that any day of the week but any more than that and my arm and shoulder just give out.

I got plates in my forearm on both bones and have really limited ROM in my wrist from it. So I think that ends up torquing my shoulder.

Db press is good though because it doesn’t twist my shoulder. I think it’s gonna be db from here on out. My shoulder and plates in my arm feel like hell right now.

Just find something else, as little as it is to progress on.
The one thing ive learned about always being hurt from either lifting or soccer is i need progression in the gym or else i get bored. I would legit be trying to do 30 rep sets of DB curls because last week i only got 28 reps. (this was when i tore my hip flexor and it hurt to almost everything....and i was told to stay out of the gym...but whatever....doctors...am i right)

I think I’m about to give up bench all together. I don’t enjoy it at all I’ve realized tonight.

I haven't BB benched in a year or two and honestly don't regret it. My chest has stayed pretty big/strong too (easy 5x5 w/ 100 lb DBs @ 190 lbs), despite me prioritizing lower body the last year or so.

Dumbells make me focus so much more on the movement and overall ROMs for each arm compared to barbell and I don't get the discomfort I got in my shoulders (broke my clavicle when I was younger, so always heard/felt it click on BB) and wrists.

Yeah that’s what I plan to do.

I don’t compete or anything so it doesn’t matter.

Yeah with db you do gotta focus more but it never hurts me either unlike bench.

Plus you can tweak the lift to focus more on certain areas like delts vs chest.

I might buy one of these football bars for my home gym. Allows for more shoulder friendly benching.

DSREPS-FOOTBALLBAR.jpg

I haven't BB benched in a year or two and honestly don't regret it. My chest has stayed pretty big/strong too (easy 5x5 w/ 100 lb DBs @ 190 lbs), despite me prioritizing lower body the last year or so.

Dumbells make me focus so much more on the movement and overall ROMs for each arm compared to barbell and I don't get the discomfort I got in my shoulders (broke my clavicle when I was younger, so always heard/felt it click on BB) and wrists.
Biggest problems with BB anything is the initial lift off acts as the majority of your workout lol.

I tweaked my shoulder back in December because of a car accident, since then, flat BB/DB press or any press really has made me feel like I have a pinch nerve in my right shoulder. For some reason, as lame as it looks, i use the smith machine and do chest presses from the floor, so my shoulder is never overrotating. Got a pretty decent pump the other day.

I’ve done that before. It keeps it all in your chest becasue you’re laying on the floor. The burn is real. :lol:

Floor bench :pimp:

Whenever I hit a plateau on regular bench, I’ll switch to the floor. Helps focus on the extension part of the bench press, which is the weakest point for many

Back
Top Bottom