STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Great thread here!
I am coming off an 8-week shoulder injury. I played pro basketball overseas 2 years ago and always was in good shape and now I am going to get ready to play in some top pro aims this May/June.

I feel so weak and lost a lot of muscle because I was not able to do anything with the shoulder injury. Now I am cleared to begin again. I want to gain some lean muscle and strength (if that is even possible).

I am not new, just a bit lost on where I should start. Any plans/suggestions/apps. I greatly appreciated it if so. I am the type that needs to actually follow a plan in the gym.

Great thread here!
I am coming off an 8-week shoulder injury. I played pro basketball overseas 2 years ago and always was in good shape and now I am going to get ready to play in some top pro aims this May/June.

I feel so weak and lost a lot of muscle because I was not able to do anything with the shoulder injury. Now I am cleared to begin again. I want to gain some lean muscle and strength (if that is even possible).

I am not new, just a bit lost on where I should start. Any plans/suggestions/apps. I greatly appreciated it if so. I am the type that needs to actually follow a plan in the gym.
Renaldo Balkman Renaldo Balkman

Great thread here!

Start with cable movements for your shoulder, not for strength of course, just functional and stability.

I assume you don't have the same conditioning? Try some HIIT.

Report back, while you ease back into it.

Start with cable movements for your shoulder, not for strength of course, just functional and stability.

I assume you don't have the same conditioning? Try some HIIT.

Report back, while you ease back into it.

thanks bro! I def don’t have the same conditioning

9096564A-11FF-4CA7-9F9D-98FD30EC7E4E.jpeg

the pin began falling off my SBD belt...

thankfully the lever on the belt has a lifetime warranty so SBD is sending me a new lever
can’t you tap that back in with a hammer?

if you ever want another solid belt I love my pioneer. Had it since I started lifting. It’s a prong belt though.

Squats 5x3 335
Dl 5x3 375
Front squats 5x3 145

a couple other leg day things.

also, since my wife copped that Peloton I’ve been using it about 20 days a month burning about 6k calories in those 20 days. I only do 30 mins or less and it’s usually HIIT or hill climbs.

my point is my strength hasn’t gone down at all. It’s helped my lifting if anything. Don’t be scared of some cardio.

illphillip illphillip fam whats your workout like outside of boxing?

I was getting back on 5x5 and tryna go relatively heavy again, but after coming back from LA im back to having no desire to lift heavy anymore :lol:. Any suggestions?

ahat ahat

Boxing is my go-to but I find a way to mix things up around it. So I'll box 2-3 days a week but usually that will include some calisthenics/ab work etc. Maybe some weights at the end.

I also do Pilates about 2-3 times a week as well when I can. I like that ****. Touches muscles I feel like my other training doesn't. Keeps me flexible. Helps my back and hips. #washed

If I'm not doing one of those I'll sub some other **** in to hit different muscles. I swam today for about 45 minutes. Breast, back, crawl, elementary back. I run sometimes. Occasional BJJ class. Occasional Muay Thai.

Usually when I'm on the road I'll do more weight work because that's what hotel gyms are good for though sometimes I will bring my gloves/wraps with me if there's a gym OT I want to hit.

I've watched a couple of resistance band videos. I'm finally going to warm up with them tomorrow.

After warm up.. workout:

50 pull ups< 30 assisted 20 non
Bench 135 start to 275 then back down to 135 rep out
deads conventional I just do a lot until im tired lol
squats 2 sets 135 2 sets 225

80 lb barbell lunges

I went above and beyond the list I posted yesterday.. just a tab bit..

Those isometric bands are something else.. Gawd...

Last edited:
April 5th.

Current maxes:
Squat : 380
Bench : 245
DL : 500

Hoping to add 10-15 on my squat, 5-10 on bench, and whatever I can get on DL.

Is this the NOR CAL power lifting meet? May show up as a spectator to check it out. Still hoping to compete in one eventually but wanted to get my numbers up. :lol:

Is this the NOR CAL power lifting meet? May show up as a spectator to check it out. Still hoping to compete in one eventually but wanted to get my numbers up. :lol:

Yessir. That's what I did just to check it out. It's a lot of fun. For a first meet just compete with yourself, hit some PR's, learn what you can.

D606ABEC-B43C-4D9B-A3DE-28067CC5EE77.jpeg

was benching and this guy asked me if he can work in. I said sure and asked him what he wants on the bar. He said 265. As I was changing the weight from my side he asks me how to take off the collars lol wtf.

I was like :stoneface:

I walked over to his side and showed him.
he’s not some noob either Cause I’ve seen him around the gym before and ain’t no noob benching 265 with no warm up lol

Maybe he never seen those before?

I never saw those type clamps for a long time til i started going to this one gym a couple yrs back.

Really? These clamps are all over golds gym and I’ve been to over 3 golds in my area lol. When I loaded the bar he told me not to put the clamps on lol. I guess he likes to bench without clamps

This sucked after squats and dl yesterday. Def slowed me down.

Attachments

• 8E9BCBA8-BE84-4693-98BE-A03FDAFC314F.png
    8E9BCBA8-BE84-4693-98BE-A03FDAFC314F.png
    748.9 KB · Views: 433
Back
Top Bottom