STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Also look at it like this, this ain’t your job and you’re not getting paid. If you hurt yourself your employer isn’t gonna give a F and neither will your mortgage. Bottom line, don’t push your luck

True, although to be sure this does not apply to probably 90% of folks in the gym, especially outside of a CF box or PL gym.

(Most people don't work too hard, they don't work hard enough and end up spinning their wheels.) :nerd:

True, although to be sure this does not apply to probably 90% of folks in the gym, especially outside of a CF box or PL gym.

(Most people don't work too hard, they don't work hard enough and end up spinning their wheels.) :nerd:
That’s a different discussion. Injury isn’t something you “power through”. If you’re hurt you’re hurt. People destroying their knees thinking they’ll recover like those dudes in the nfl not realizing those guys have millions invested in them to come back a year later. Us normal people ain’t have that luxury lol. You hurt yourself like that and your life is changing, permanently

But I get your point. I see people everyday that look the same everyday and loft the same everyday. Couldn’t be me lol

Last edited:
Thats really the main reason i stopped lifting heavy. For what purpose? Whether i left 200lbs or 500lbs, what difference does it make, bit if i slip a disc then im ****ed big time.

Didnt seem worth it anymore, esp after surpassing any goals i had set for myself.

When you guys warm up for deadlifts, do you start with 45's on each side?

I can do like two pulls at 405, but I 90 percent of the time finish my deads at 315...

Thats really the main reason i stopped lifting heavy. For what purpose? Whether i left 200lbs or 500lbs, what difference does it make, bit if i slip a disc then im ****ed big time.

Didnt seem worth it anymore, esp after surpassing any goals i had set for myself.
slip disc is one damn scary thing that could happen. had it and I thought I was done for. although it didn't happen during gym work but rather doing some kitchen task at home. it was more like a freak accident. no one would want that S**T to happen to anyone.

as far as lifting heavy, what do these people trying to prove or accomplish?

Yeah I'm retired from any crazy heavy lifting. I'll do a good five or six rep max with good form and that's as far as I go. Ain't got nothing to prove to anyone.

Was having issues with lower back/lumbar spine pain a year ago. Felt like I was damn near handicap the first few days after it flared up. We like to think we're tough and nearly indestructible because we work out, but you can be humbled real quick if something serious or even semi serious goes wrong.

Man, I was doing some yoga push ups, usually I practice good form, but I was in the zone. Cranking them out, I felt a sharp pain in my neck area. You already know, I was team no neck turn after that.

I went from Goku UI to krillin real quick.

Man, I was doing some yoga push ups, usually I practice good form, but I was in the zone. Cranking them out, I felt a sharp pain in my neck area. You already know, I was team no neck turn after that.

I went from Goku UI to krillin real quick.
Krillin is awesome. you might be referrin yourself to......

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

My loud knee crack with every single step or everytime I extended my leg went away after 7 days. I did a lot of quad stretching and some muscle stick rolling and then got a 30 min massage where she focused on my quads. First time I ever had that, ngl I was struggling like a B as she worked out the tightness, she said I was OD tight. The clicking was still there but that night I hooped and after it was gone 🔥 thank god

RMT appointments are great. If you have insurance go as often as possible. I eat an edible and go to my appointments. Been feeling brand new after.
Word. I had to Google RMT, it’s Canadian for LMT. This therapist’s weapon of choice was her elbow, driving it into my quads, hurt like a MF. I feel way better now but think I’ll go again, bet it’ll be less painful

big difference hittin 500 rather 200. Trust. you’re mindframe is taken to whole another place.

My loud knee crack with every single step or everytime I extended my leg went away after 7 days. I did a lot of quad stretching and some muscle stick rolling and then got a 30 min massage where she focused on my quads. First time I ever had that, ngl I was struggling like a B as she worked out the tightness, she said I was OD tight. The clicking was still there but that night I hooped and after it was gone 🔥 thank god
yup. that is exactly what I did. other than having some really horrible knee pain, my calf and hamstring tightness were OD as well. the massage therapist really went in deep and I was really struggling. I'm going back for further massage sessions since my physio therapy sessions is already complete. my muscles are quite loose now but needed some maintenance. be looking for another MT though as the one I have doesn't have a great bedside manner. I couldn't relax with an uptight or disinterested MT.

I’m not saying not to push yourself, but hurting yourself ain’t it. Exercise for guys has boiled down to either being a pseudo power lifter or pseudo body builder. Broader those horizons

Old head i see in the gym often once asked me if i was training for a competition or something as i was doing heavy DL. I said nah, just exercise. Helps me mentally like therapy. He said thats cool, i get it but seems like a lot of risk for that reward. I was like 😒 foh at first. Then i thought about it more after i left the gym that day. I was like man hes not wrong...

I thank him everytime i see him :lol:

Old head i see in the gym often once asked me if i was training for a competition or something as i was doing heavy DL. I said nah, just exercise. Helps me mentally like therapy. He said thats cool, i get it but seems like a lot of risk for that reward. I was like 😒 foh at first. Then i thought about it more after i left the gym that day. I was like man hes not wrong...

This really applies to those “what’s cardio?!?!??” Fat boys that have the capacity to lift heavy for 10mins a day and feel like death for the rest :lol:

I’ve lived that life. Only tine I felt alive was when I was on 2x the recommended amount for pre workout haha. Amounted to a complete waste of time and money

I used to be like that. Hating cardio, it really amounted to laziness. I still dont love running, but i tolerate it. Running outside is waaaay better than a treadmill, that was part of the problem for me i think.

Yes and no. You did strengthen your joints and muscles, you will be needing those down the line. But maybe not the excessive weight we push.

I used to be like that. Hating cardio, it really amounted to laziness. I still dont love running, but i tolerate it. Running outside is waaaay better than a treadmill, that was part of the problem for me i think.
there are several cardio exercises. even doing the stationary bike, step/climb machines, row machines. while I do jog and sprints, the recent injury really limited my capacity for such outdoor activity. true, hating cardio is really laziness. for now, the best cardio for me and always been is lap swimming. there is nothing more rewarding than enjoying yourself in the water and doing exercise at the same time. not trying to sound boastful but I would leave those 10 Minute Fatties out in the dust at slow speed. strength and endurance should go together. concentrating on one thing doesn't really help that much other than trying to look cool by either lifting a cow or running away from a tornado. do both. also, a bit of flexibility or agility.

there are several cardio exercises. even doing the stationary bike, step/climb machines, row machines. while I do jog and sprints, the recent injury really limited my capacity for such outdoor activity. true, hating cardio is really laziness. for now, the best cardio for me and always been is lap swimming. there is nothing more rewarding than enjoying yourself in the water and doing exercise at the same time. not trying to sound boastful but I would leave those 10 Minute Fatties out in the dust at slow speed. strength and endurance should go together. concentrating on one thing doesn't really help that much other than trying to look cool by either lifting a cow or running away from a tornado. do both. also, a bit of flexibility or agility.
Rower is the only machine i really fw. Swimming is the best, i have access to a pool now that its open again. Gonna take full advantage. Easy on the joints. Running in the pool, as dumb as it may look, is good too. High knees, lunges etc.

Back
Top Bottom