Steve Nash. The Benjamin Button of the NBA.

Originally Posted by JPZx

20psrbq.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ive been on NT for years now and Steve Nash has to be the most hated on nba player. Even with this thread people come in to discredit what he has done just to say that Kidd is better which is debatable. And since it is debatable you have one guy whose seen as garbage by the majority and the other that is a godsend to basketball. Nash is a great player. His ability to get 11 assists in practically 3 quarters of playing time is amazing. His FG Ft % is awesome and he can score. He can probably score at least 6 to 8 more points a game but instead prefers to pass and make plays. This is why he is good. I dont know why people hate so much, yes his defense sucks but is it really that bad for all the hate?

Originally Posted by akm2tan

Ive been on NT for years now and Steve Nash has to be the most hated on nba player. Even with this thread people come in to discredit what he has done just to say that Kidd is better which is debatable. And since it is debatable you have one guy whose seen as garbage by the majority and the other that is a godsend to basketball. Nash is a great player. His ability to get 11 assists in practically 3 quarters of playing time is amazing. His FG Ft % is awesome and he can score. He can probably score at least 6 to 8 more points a game but instead prefers to pass and make plays. This is why he is good. I dont know why people hate so much, yes his defense sucks but is it really that bad for all the hate?
Yeah it is. Defense is half the game homie. U cant be straight garbage defending and be elite. There is a reason for all da hate.

They are both great in different ways. Steve Nash's skill level is incredible...the things he can do on offense is everything a young PG should study. His skillset makes him a beast in a half-court offense because of his ability to shoot off the dribble or create. It's so fluid. Jason Kidd on the other hand, he is great because he isn't the most skilled player on offense but his awareness and instincts are incredible. I like to watch Kidd because he makes playing PG in the NBA look like a pick-up game. He doesn't have the flashy handles, he can't really get his own shot off, but he just pushes the ball and knows what to do with the ball when he passes. For a guy that isn't very skilled on offense, his instincts and IQ still make it look SO pretty and fluid. Y'all talk about Kidd's lack of offense but come on, it's not like he was ever as bad as Eric Snow out there
laugh.gif
He is a master at controlling the tempo and flow of a game. Defensively, he could guard 1s and 2s and even had the strength to guard some 3s if they posted him up. Like how Ben Wallace was the defensive anchor of the Pistons, Kidd was every bit the defensive anchor of the Nets on the perimeter. And don't underestimate the value of a PG getting boards! That saves 2-3 seconds cuz the PG can get the ball and trigger the fast break immediately, enhancing the fast break.

I like both players, Nash for the obvious aesthetic reasons on offense but if you're a true fan of BASKETBALL, then you can see how great Kidd is on offense and defense.

honestly, his defense really IS that bad. if he was at least just an average defender i dont think there would be as much hate, but Nash is literally one of the worst defenders to ever play in the NBA.

Nash is an extraordinary offensive player. but playing in D'Antoni's system for all these years has somewhat overblown his statistics in comparison to other PGs who have to do things on the court other than shoot and pass.

dude is a very entertaining basketball player. Very fun to watch. that's what the NBA should be about.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Let me know when he learns how to rebound and play defense like Jason Kidd.

Let me know when Kidd's shooting %'s aren't atrocious.
Shooting percentages don't mean anything when you're a point guard.

They don't hate Nash because of his defense they hate him because he's that good.

Same reason why people hate Kobe, Lebron, Wade... and so on.

Originally Posted by DT43

honestly, his defense really IS that bad. if he was at least just an average defender i dont think there would be as much hate, but Nash is literally one of the worst defenders to ever play in the NBA.

Nash is an extraordinary offensive player. but playing in D'Antoni's system for all these years has somewhat overblown his statistics in comparison to other PGs who have to do things on the court other than shoot and pass.
There not in dantoni's 7 seconds or less system anymore dude, so what are you talking about?  And yet his numbers are crazy good this year.  Everyone says the system is the reason for his numbers.  Can you say the same thing about triangle offense with kobe?  No because kobe is a great player and nash is a great pg.  And worst defender ever?  Yet I believe he leads his team on most charges taken and that counts as defense.  Its not like every point guard in the league drops crazy numbers when they play phoenix so what is your proof that he is the worst? 

Honestly, Nash's D is horrific but unless your a Rondo or Payton, it is hard to make a real impact on the game defensively when you are a small guard. Kidd's D has always been overrated imo.
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

The lengths people go to discredit Nash amazes me

This.  Especially on this site.

Originally Posted by DT43

There not in dantoni's 7 seconds or less system anymore dude, so what are you talking about?  And yet his numbers are crazy good this year.  Everyone says the system is the reason for his numbers.  Can you say the same thing about triangle offense with kobe?  No because kobe is a great player and nash is a great pg.  And worst defender ever?  Yet I believe he leads his team on most charges taken and that counts as defense.  Its not like every point guard in the league drops crazy numbers when they play phoenix so what is your proof that he is the worst? 

Steve Nash might be the worst defensive player I have ever seen play the game.  I cant think of anyone else who is worse.  And for your comment about not every point guard drops crazy numbers....its because the Suns often have Nash switching men to guard the opponents worst offensive player, regardless of position.   For as good as he is on the offensive side, he is that bad on the defensive side....if not worse.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Nash > kidd

at least now

5 years ago kidd >Nash
What is your take overall? If you take into consideration what both have accomplished in their careers to this point, who do you think is the better guard? I can see your Nash > Kidd comment right now, (although I could still argue for Kidd) but I still think if you look at both careers as a whole Kidd >>>Nash

I love both players, but Kidd's D is not consistently. He can definitely slow down big guards (2's like Kobe, etc) due to his size, but small, fast guards give him just as much trouble as Nash (see Tony Parker).

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Nash not ever making the finals is NOT his fault. I wish folks would stop throwing baseless statements out there as if it is ONE player's fault for his TEAM no succeeding. Not even a valid argument.
So now let's stop blaming T-mac for not making it past the 1st round.
I never blamed him and I always thought it was a dumb thing to blame TMAC for.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Nash > kidd

at least now

5 years ago kidd >Nash
What is your take overall? If you take into consideration what both have accomplished in their careers to this point, who do you think is the better guard? I can see your Nash > Kidd comment right now, (although I could still argue for Kidd) but I still think if you look at both careers as a whole Kidd >>>Nash

If you take their careers overall, it's comparable.  Other than Nash's first couple of seasons, he's been playing at a high level.  He actually has more double-digit assist seasons than Kidd.

Back
Top Bottom