STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Master P is a theif. The Bay is forever soft for letting him jack their style and getting away with it.

Very good movie. Saw it yesterday during an early screening. While some discrepancies already stood out for those that already knew the story, it wasn't glaring enough to derail the overall film like Notorious. Hope that the studio does release the three hour directors cut on Blu Ray and hopefully it contains Eazy-E's beef with Dr. Dre and Death Row.
what derailed Notorious

I noticed that too, thought I was trippin', like a frame lagged/skipped or something. I repeated the lines in my head and was like wait.. the camera was def not in the same spot lol.

I actually think that was done on purpose and it's realistic dialogue.

What someone is nervous and knows what they're saying is ******** than they'll repeat whatever they said trying desperately to hold on

Jerry was out of ******** to feed Eazy and it was all unraveling around him.

I found this interesting:

@artemusgordon

Who killed N.W.A.? Greed? Jealousy? Envy? An old feeble white man with no knowledge of Rap music that was only beholden to the group's boss? Or just general ignorance to the business? NO to all. The man responsible for the breakup but actually empowered two of the three most well known members is....drumroll please.......Priority Records head BRYAN TURNER. You see Eazy was essentially printing money. I mean literally because he had a "product" that NO ONE ELSE possessed. So he called all the shots. He only came to labels for DISTRIBUTION and not a PARTNERSHIP. As in evidence that the J.J. Fad and the D.O.C. projects were through Atco/Atlantic distribution and Tairrie B was through Comptown/MCA Records. Whereas E and N.W.A. were solely through Priority. When you spread your money like that, no one label can tell you what to do. So E printing money meant Bryan Turner wanted in. Distribution is good but OWNERSHIP AND DISTRIBUTION IS BETTER. So who is the easiest member to approach about a partnership? The street savvy Vet or the musical genius who only cares about the studio and getting laid? No, you come at the college educated good kid with the two parent's who want the most for their son and you tell him to look at his "contracts" because "I can pay you waaaaay more than $75k." Plus you give the kid who wants to be as big as his mentors the chance to be "in charge". When Dre left whom did he consult too? Look at the back of your "Chronic" cd or LP and tell me whom it is distributed by? Why would E eventually stop messing with them and take BONE somewhere else? BECAUSE HE KNEW. When Snoop left Deathrow, whom did he run screaming to in order to get out of his contract? AND as to not get pressed by Suge, who convinced Master P to pay the money to get Snoop out of his deal and wound up with him eventually anyway? So you see, if you break the guys up, you find a way to own them all and eat big time. You can't get full off of just some "California Raisins". There's waaaaay more to this but LEAVE JERRY AND SUGE ALONE. They portrayed this man a kind, gentle man in the movie when it's quite the opposite. BTW, who do you think hired Suge first?

Last edited:
I noticed that too, thought I was trippin', like a frame lagged/skipped or something. I repeated the lines in my head and was like wait.. the camera was def not in the same spot lol.

I actually think that was done on purpose and it's realistic dialogue.

What someone is nervous and knows what they're saying is ******** than they'll repeat whatever they said trying desperately to hold on

Jerry was out of ******** to feed Eazy and it was all unraveling around him.

I noticed that scene with the repeated lines too, but didn't think too much of it because I was watching a bootleg copy and thought it was a skip or something. :lol:.

Just saw this and thought it was great. Granted, I'm coming from less knowledge of NWA:

- Cube's girl in the movie =
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
-- really surprised when I saw that he's still married to her to this day

- Guy who played E was great -- standout performance

- Turner looked like a little b after Cube got real with him

- Can anyone clarify how Dre got linked to Suge? And was Heller at least partially responsible for the group's downfall? This story seems to be a shining example of how shady the music business really is beyond the glamour

Last edited:

Just saw this and thought it was great. Granted, I'm coming from less knowledge of NWA:

- Cube's girl in the movie =
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
-- really surprised when I saw that he's still married to her to this day

- Guy who played E was great -- standout performance

- Turner looked like a little b after Cube got real with him

- Can anyone clarify how Dre got linked to Suge? And was Heller at least partially responsible for the group's downfall? This story seems to be a shining example of how shady the music business really is beyond the glamour
Well the way the movie told it Eazy knew Suge 1st and thats how him and Dre got acquainted 

I saw it last week. I thought they did a great job putting the story together. It was pretty much everything I've seen in the documentaries. Ice Cube son did his thing. I thought it was really Cube at one point.

It's really crazy to think what if they didn't breakup. Would it be a Snoop, Nate Dogg, Daz and Kurupt, Bone Thugs. NWA breaking up kinda opened the door for those dudes to get discovered.

Last edited:
what derailed Notorious

The whitewashing of BIG and the events that transpired in the movie. One of the more notable lies is the Oakland concert. In the movie, the crowd is angry with him and then when he plays Who Shot Ya, they go crazy. In real life, that show never happened. Literally. No one showed up to the show because of the comments he made about E-40. When BIG and co. were leaving the venue, they got rolled up on by some guys who were there to kill them if E-40 gave the go ahead. He told them to chill and they drove BIG to the airport and told them to leave. They could have died that night. The East/West feud was much bigger than Biggie and Pac.

The whitewashing of BIG and the events that transpired in the movie. One of the more notable lies is the Oakland concert. In the movie, the crowd is angry with him and then when he plays Who Shot Ya, they go crazy. In real life, that show never happened. Literally. No one showed up to the show because of the comments he made about E-40. When BIG and co. were leaving the venue, they got rolled up on by some guys who were there to kill them if E-40 gave the go ahead. He told them to chill and they drove BIG to the airport and told them to leave. They could have died that night. The East/West feud was much bigger than Biggie and Pac.

I knew about that story but what comments did biggie say bout 40?

E-40 back then and biggie on a song would have been sick. Old school e-40 on that mob music style was dope and funky

I knew about that story but what comments did biggie say bout 40?

E-40 back then and biggie on a song would have been sick. Old school e-40 on that mob music style was dope and funky

An interviewer asked Biggie to rank different MCs on a scale from 1-10. They got to E40 and Biggie said 0.

Earl booked the show just to get Biggie on the west coast.

Saw the movie this past weekend and loved it! There were some discrepancies with the timeline as others have stated, but it honestly didn't deter me from enjoying the movie.

One thing I noticed that bugged me, that I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned,was when Eazy and Jerry were talking in the kitchen and there was a part where Jerry repeated himself. Like straight word for word repeated his lines. I was like WTF? How did no-one catch this :lol:

Yo..this tripped me the **** out but I chose to believe it was just in my head

Back
Top Bottom