Street Culture, Art, Fashion, Music, Life...Lupe's Gold Watch

l_cbd2ccdc37114553aaef1408048e7cda.jpg

i dont like the guy.............but id have to say i dress like jim jones..........

v necks, fitted tops/thermals. beanies. fresh true religions, gucci belt. blackberry on the hip

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

All I see in this thread is a bunch of dude jumpin' on the hype of !$%%. Kid CuDi, Cool Kids, Charles Hamilton..all went dressing like this 2-3 years back.

Im talking on some "yup, in my white tee" !$%%.
eyes.gif
there was 1 pic of them.
and half the time Im in a snapback im in timbs, semibaggy jeans and dressed appropriately for the winter.
grin.gif

I don't know where you got that image from.
also out here certain styles will ALWAYS be certified
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah I seen the first page and just posted without reading the rest.

Upon further review this thread gets e-props from me.

People need to chill out with this way of labeling everything as hype...Its getting to be corny now.

The President is hyped...Lebron is hyped...musicians are hyped...cars are hyped...

Why can't they just be good and recognized for being good?

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

People need to chill out with this way of labeling everything as hype...Its getting to be corny now.

The President is hyped...Lebron is hyped...musicians are hyped...cars are hyped...

Mos def wasnt saying all that. I was just talking about people jumping on it and then getting praised for it. Im all for street culture. I'vebeen skateboarding for about 8 years now. Its all I know.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

so hype doesnt exist?

bape was a good example of hype imo at the time.............

yea, no doubt. there is always people jumping on %%%!.
you take the good with the bad

Hype exists but there is a line.

When an unreleased product is being heavily pushed in the media and people are reading too much into something that isn't even out yet...I believe that ishype.

But when something legitimately great or appealing comes along and people appluad it...I don't look at that as hype.

Im going to tell you what is NOT in and NOT whats popping grown men with dreads!!! You are not Lil Wayne!!!

Street Culture bascially comes down to whats relative to you . The Street Culture and Skateboarding came together during the Christian Hosoi era in the mid80's they brought Street Skaing to the forefront befre that most guys rode Vert or pools . But Christian had a whold different style from the hair to theclothes and that i believe was the base of the street and skate culture . Fixed Gear bikes are the street version of Velodrome bikes . But BMX has been streetfor a very long time also , there are a bunch of versions of street style look at that Tokyo Harajuku style looks ridiculous but they love it . So wear whatever you like whate ever fits how your feeling really cant put street in a box

All I really care about for next year is:

More 501's
And Nikes from the 90's...JB starting to act silly
Ralph Lauren Button ups...tryna give polo's a rest

And Hopefully 50% of the new artist that were on that XXL can have a good year...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i dont like the guy.............but id have to say i dress like jim jones..........

v necks, fitted tops/thermals. beanies. fresh true religions, gucci belt. blackberry on the hip
laugh.gif
, she looks extremely geeked.
It looks like she just told him she would happily eat his feces.

Clothes: Ralph Lauren, Stussy, Levi, Paper Denim & Cloth, True Religion, Evisu, Crooks & Castles, Cartier Frames, White t-shirts.

Shoes: Dunk SB's, Puma's, Air Force Ones, Clark Wallabees.

Music: Jay-Z, Nas, Raekwon, Notorious B.I.G., Tupac, Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Kanye, Mike Posner & the Brain Trust (This is my boy google him he'ssick, his boy that raps with him is signed to Kanye's G.O.O.D. music.), Shwayze, Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Dom Kennedy, MickyAvalon, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Jadakiss, Wutang, Lupe Fiasco.

Artists: Cope, KR, Kaws, Gabriel Urist

Originally Posted by DB WEST

Clothes: Ralph Lauren, Stussy, Levi, Paper Denim & Cloth, True Religion, Evisu, Crooks & Castles, Cartier Frames, White t-shirts.

Shoes: Dunk SB's, Puma's, Air Force Ones, Clark Wallabees.

Music: Jay-Z, Nas, Raekwon, Notorious B.I.G., Tupac, Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Kanye, Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Dom Kennedy,Jadakiss, Wutang, Lupe Fiasco.

Artists: Cope, KR, Kaws, Gabriel Urist
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)](5 times status)[/color]

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

laugh.gif
, she looks extremely geeked.
It looks like she just told him she would happily eat his feces.

grin.gif

Real good post.

Well heres my list:
The Hundreds -- Fiberops -- Futura -- Nort/Recon -- Play Cloths -- Lacoste -- Polo -- UNDFTD -- Imperial -- Levis -- Castles in the Sky -- Benny Gold

Vans (Chukkas) -- Nike (Air Maxes and Dunks)

Wee Ninjas -- SweetMeats (no %@%%) -- Kid Robot -- Bearbricks -- Kubricks

Another good thread Haze.
pimp.gif

This thread needs a bump, so here's what I'm feelin' right now:

Clothes:

Overall The Hundreds is the best streetwear brand out. And as can be seen through this thread & blog it's run by some genuine people.
pimp.gif

1568ubb.jpg

Diamond Supply Co. is really slept on here. Even after dropping The Diamond Dunks they've still kept pretty low key, which i respect. Their T-Shirt designsare the best in the game imo. Can't wait for the Hundreds x Diamond Supply Tee also.
smokin.gif

2v8gume.jpg

Along with the dope designs they support good music. Wale's Mixtape About Nothing was a classic tape & Kid Cudi's was very good as well.

Art:
Greg "Craola" Simkins is THAT dude. By far my favorite artist doin' it right now.
pimp.gif

http://www.imscared.com/http://www.imscared.com/

is_ill241.jpg

balancingact.jpg

My second favorite would be Kaws, him & Craola both have roots in graffiti and have made the transition to fine art.

3106_0abc59dd71b37f29f2300c4ed8ef30d6.jpg

thumb_3164_63c8414194987673f5cbf821cfacf3d7.jpg

That's good for now. I'd cover music, but I gotta be somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom