Student died after eating 5 day old pasta

Also, regarding how long to keep leftovers, I'm cutting right now, so I prep for 5 days.

I put everything into fridge hot, though. Not warm, hot.

What's y'all's time table on left overs IN the fridge? I go 5 days times. But now I'm hearing, 2-3 days tops. Am I playing with fire ?

I'm bad about letting stuff sit overnight in the winter where my house stays a cool 63. Summer is a different story.

Crazy I bought a mass amount of some yogurt last February. Still rolling through that. It expired April '18. Am I bound to die?
I’m trying to process why you wouldn’t just go buy more yogurt lol

What's y'all's time table on left overs IN the fridge? I go 5 days times. But now I'm hearing, 2-3 days tops. Am I playing with fire ?

I'm bad about letting stuff sit overnight in the winter where my house stays a cool 63. Summer is a different story.

Crazy I bought a mass amount of some yogurt last February. Still rolling through that. It expired April '18. Am I bound to die?

"Say goodbye to days of throwing out your half-eaten tub of yogurt, because this is another dairy product you can eat after its package labels it "expired." Open yogurt will spoil sooner than unopened yogurt, but sealed yogurtwill usually last one to two weeks past the sell-by date"

u eating 9 month old yogurt

I mean you're still alive so you good :lol:

Why do yall keep saying this as if it is improbable that homeless folks have also gotten sick and died from the same cause?

Not like it would even be reported
Maybe cause I work with the homeless on a daily. Swear their livers/insides are bulletproof.

Leave the tops off the Tupperware if you do it hot. Gotta let that steam vent then cover it.

If you don’t it can cause bacteria to grow.
I personally don't even PUT hot food in Tupperwares, just never felt safe.

But thanks for the tip.

You be holding out on some gems man

This is crazy. I hate having an upset stomach no way I'm forgetting to refrigerate my food :smh:
Bruh five day old pasta ain't smelling good either :smh:

Makes you realize, the refrigerator/freezer is top 10 greatest invention of all time

Yep. And probably why back in the 18-1900’s the leading causes of death were flu/pneumonia at number one and then 2-5 were all diarrhea related deaths.

Wait wut. From just a few hours?

Yep, rice harbors a bug that isn’t killed by cooking - if you let it cool slowly on the counter it can be dangerous pretty quick. It’s also a good shape (tons of surface area) for things to grow. Leftover rice that hasn’t been cooled quickly and then reheated fully is asking for trouble.

Bacteria do not mess around. And if you dont believe food poisoning can do this to you or think something is off about this, bacillus cereus(what the kid died from) is in the same genera as Anthrax(bacillus anthracis)

Same thing with drinks right?

Nobody leaving juice, alcohol, Gatorade after 4,5 days unrefrigerated?

Only thing that can be out is h2o.

Bruh I left pulled pork swimming in its fats in a crockpot at room temp, I assumed the fats was gonna preserve it but I guess the temp in my apartment wasn’t as cold so it never solidified. I n vet thought of putting it in the fridge. On the third day, everything floated to the top and there was a pool of *** water in the bottom. I dumped that, and I kid you not it smelt like some **** through there mouth while having morning breath. I was disgusted.

On another note, I had hot pot broth that sat in the fridge for about 7/8 days. The broth itself had many fats and a crap ton of Szechuan peppers and garlic which pretty much preserved it for that long. It was still super good.

Bruh I left pulled pork swimming in its fats in a crockpot at room temp, I assumed the fats was gonna preserve it but I guess the temp in my apartment wasn’t as cold so it never solidified. I n vet thought of putting it in the fridge. On the third day, everything floated to the top and there was a pool of *** water in the bottom. I dumped that, and I kid you not it smelt like some **** through there mouth while having morning breath. I was disgusted.

On another note, I had hot pot broth that sat in the fridge for about 7/8 days. The broth itself had many fats and a crap ton of Szechuan peppers and garlic which pretty much preserved it for that long. It was still super good.

:stoneface:

I take chances sometimes, but I don't **** around with dairy-based meals/food. Honestly, the only food I keep on my fridge for a while is condiments, lunch-meat, bread, eggs, and cheese. The frozen meats get defrost before cooking or stay in fridge three days max.

This is sad as ****. In food safety, food should never be left for more than two hours in a temperature range known as the danger zone. The danger zone is about 40-140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Even if your leftovers are refrigerated, you probably shouldn't eat five day old leftovers.
***** i ate food that was 3 weeks old out the fridge

Back
Top Bottom