Stupid things eBayer's say...

I do combined shipping on my apparel auctions and am more than willing to work with the buyer.  What I don't like is when the buyer tries to dictate how much shipping will cost.  I've had a few buyers pay me for their items and just pay the $8 for shipping rather than wait until I send them an updated shipping cost.  It may only be a buck or two more than the $8, but it's just the principle of the matter.  

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

a while ago i won like 7 shirts from the same seller and it was $10.00 shipping per shirt he would not combine shipping had to pay $70.00 bucks shipping for 7 t shirts.... that"s way od if you ask me

you agreed to those terms by winning those auctions.
would have taken you 30 seconds to send him a message and ask beforehand
this is what I'm talking about, dudes asking to change the terms of a deal AFTER agreeing.
You actual paid? there was a easy way around this, just contact ebay once u receive the item and let them know the actual postal. If its way overpriced ebay will request the seller to refund some of the postage or receive a strike for not following ebay policies.

Originally Posted by chabbbboi23

I always get the buyers that think its ok to pay me 3-5 days after the auction ends when I require payment to be sent within 24 hours. I send invoices and emails asking when they plan on paying me and I get no reply. Then they get mad and tell me im a horrible seller because I relist the item. Im dealing with one of the those people right now.
30t6p3b.gif
This. And I generally get the ones that don't pay for a week, then finally send it at the 11th hour. Then they have the nerve to ask me when I'm going to ship them out because they need it ASAP for their son/brother/father/sister/mother/grandmother/dog's birthday. 
indifferent.gif

I agree with ThunderChunk. I hate dudes who want to haggle after bidding has ended. The $1 for the item and $199 for shipping thing used to run rampant, but it doesn't make sense anymore because now eBay takes fees from the total price and a chunk out of shipping.

Actually if you really wanted to screw dude over, file 6 item not receiveds on him. He sent it 1 box, only has 1 tracking # but 7 items. He'd lose 6 cases, or threaten him with such action

All in all it was my fault for not asking but I've been doing eBay since 2000 #*% with over 2000 feedback and that was the first time I ran in to something like that. Hence meaning most peeps would not charge $70.00 and ship in the same box and make money on shipping. It's not about being a adult and finishing the transaction or asking for a hook up it's just not normal for some one to do that...

Not from eBay but some of the stuff I get...

"What's the lowest you'll take?"

"know your ad said no trades but would you be willing to trade for a pair of DS 2011 XI concords? "

And the one that I'll never forget.

Lurker wanted to buy some Sheed AF1's we agreed on a price then...

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Dealing with stupidity is apart of doing business especially online *shrug*

Originally Posted by isu42

I do combined shipping on my apparel auctions and am more than willing to work with the buyer.  What I don't like is when the buyer tries to dictate how much shipping will cost.  I've had a few buyers pay me for their items and just pay the $8 for shipping rather than wait until I send them an updated shipping cost.  It may only be a buck or two more than the $8, but it's just the principle of the matter.  

Haven't had the buyer actually pay less, but I have had them say shipping should only be $X so if I don't get a refund for the difference which will be only $1-2 they are going to leave neg. feedback. When I shipped their item and emailed them and let them know their item actually costed $1-2 more I never hear back from them.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Actually if you really wanted to screw dude over, file 6 item not receiveds on him. He sent it 1 box, only has 1 tracking # but 7 items. He'd lose 6 cases, or threaten him with such action

Wow, that is freaking Genius. then they gotta either take the L or ship you 6 more items. Nice.

Originally Posted by Lubu1

shill bidders are the worst though. You really think that its normal that your cactus foamposites had 1 bid 20 minutes ago, then 20 minutes later I see 40 bids?

Bad example. Have you ever bid on something? A previous bidder could've placed a max bid far beyond what you expect, and it may take a handful of bids to get up there. I've had it happen to me.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Originally Posted by Lubu1

shill bidders are the worst though. You really think that its normal that your cactus foamposites had 1 bid 20 minutes ago, then 20 minutes later I see 40 bids?

Bad example. Have you ever bid on something? A previous bidder could've placed a max bid far beyond what you expect, and it may take a handful of bids to get up there. I've had it happen to me.

This. Some bidders place small bids 20 times in a row
laugh.gif

TIP for all Buyers

Never make a threat or say, "if u dont do X ill leave negative feedback". If you do that the seller can contact ebay and whatever claim you make against them, ebay will automatic rule in the sellers favor.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

this is genius,   i wouldn't threaten him with the action though as he would just be able to send that threat to ebay.

i remember something about combined shipping being posted on another message board where the seller refused to combine shipping and filed a claim and got a shipping refund.

best thing to do is just ask prior to bidding.  i could live with paying a few bucks for each additional item when it comes to shipping but not something one sided in the sellers favor.  i hate when as a seller i get buyers who bid then proceed to ask a million questions especially when the answers to the majority of them can be found in the item description.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by kdawg

My best one is when I sold a pair of pants and the guy complained that when he opened the package there was only one - I guess describing them as a pair of pants confused him.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
now thats funny
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom