Subaru WRX Sti vs Evo IX? Which would you choose

My neighbor and I were having a debate on which is the better car. He is more of an Subaru enthusiast while I would prefer the Evo. While it seems as each of these cars have a lot of similarities there are also a vast majority of differences.

Sti:

Pros +
-Better AWD System
-Boxer Rumble
-More Reliable Transmission
-Frame less doors
pimp.gif

Cons -
- More expensive/difficult to mod
- Understeer

Evo IX

Pros+
-Cheaper to mod
-More reliable motor
-Handling
pimp.gif

-Can fit more aggressive wheels
-Recaros
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cons -
-No Cruise Control
-Weak transmission
-Cheap Interior

Spoiler [+]

My neighbor and I were having a debate on which is the better car. He is more of an Subaru enthusiast while I would prefer the Evo. While it seems as each of these cars have a lot of similarities there are also a vast majority of differences.

Sti:

Pros +
-Better AWD System
-Boxer Rumble
-More Reliable Transmission
-Frame less doors
pimp.gif

Cons -
- More expensive/difficult to mod
- Understeer

Evo IX

Pros+
-Cheaper to mod
-More reliable motor
-Handling
pimp.gif

-Can fit more aggressive wheels
-Recaros
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cons -
-No Cruise Control
-Weak transmission
-Cheap Interior

Spoiler [+]

Subaru all day, the quality is much better and the sound is unique. Only thing is, that the parts are more expensive.

Subaru all day, the quality is much better and the sound is unique. Only thing is, that the parts are more expensive.

when it comes to modding.. wrx> sti. wrx parts are a lot cheaper than sti.. but even tho the price of modding an evo or sti is about the same. and the understeer? any car thats AWD with a lotta power deals with understeer. one pro that the evo has over the sti id say is the motor reliability. but idk how evos are at all, i just know that subarus tend to have a rod knock if they are not maintained correctly. i own a wrx and maintenance is pretty simple and the motors run pretty strong if you take care of it

when it comes to modding.. wrx> sti. wrx parts are a lot cheaper than sti.. but even tho the price of modding an evo or sti is about the same. and the understeer? any car thats AWD with a lotta power deals with understeer. one pro that the evo has over the sti id say is the motor reliability. but idk how evos are at all, i just know that subarus tend to have a rod knock if they are not maintained correctly. i own a wrx and maintenance is pretty simple and the motors run pretty strong if you take care of it

STI's all day. The car is so good, that Mitsubishi's stopped making the Evo's because of the competition.

STI's all day. The car is so good, that Mitsubishi's stopped making the Evo's because of the competition.

Originally Posted by xEpikRain

Wait do you mean this one. Its a 2011 Lancer Evo. Maybe in the near future where Mits. is pushing a more environmental brand then maybe the phase this bad boy out.

mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x-fq-400-1-450.jpg

Wait do you mean this one. Its a 2011 Lancer Evo. Maybe in the near future where Mits. is pushing a more environmental brand then maybe the phase this bad boy out.

mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x-fq-400-1-450.jpg

roll.gif
 This dude funny.
indifferent.gif

Evolution all day.

I been whipping a X around all weekend, trust me, any Evo won't disappoint, the AWD + turbo+light mods = murderer.

Plus, I'd never rely on a boxer engine. For anything. Even to take my chicken nuggets out the oven, cuz it prolly wouldnt & they'd get burnt.

roll.gif
 This dude funny.
indifferent.gif

Evolution all day.

I been whipping a X around all weekend, trust me, any Evo won't disappoint, the AWD + turbo+light mods = murderer.

Plus, I'd never rely on a boxer engine. For anything. Even to take my chicken nuggets out the oven, cuz it prolly wouldnt & they'd get burnt.

Understeer?

Unless you're planning on going to the track or being stupid around corners on the public road, then that really isn't much of an issue.

Get the EVO.

Understeer?

Unless you're planning on going to the track or being stupid around corners on the public road, then that really isn't much of an issue.

Get the EVO.

These two cars was dope as hell for a long *@% time. I gotta go with the Evo XI as it's my dream car. I'm impartial to sti's tho. They can get looking sexy as !!#%.

These two cars was dope as hell for a long *@% time. I gotta go with the Evo XI as it's my dream car. I'm impartial to sti's tho. They can get looking sexy as !!#%.

Back
Top Bottom