Summer is almost here: You're going out on a date? What's your idea of a perfect date?

It's getting warm out, "mating season".

You're going out on date, what's your perfect date? Are you guys dinning in somewhere fancy? Or are you headed to Nathan's for franks then a long walk in Central Park? Movies? Or something original?

Depends on what "date" it is. Is it a first date or is this with someone you are already used to? Need more details.

But a perfect date is taking a girl down Barry Farms to watch the Goodman.

If you wanna make a good impression on a first date, make sure whatever you have planned leaves room for a good amount of conversation. A lot of guys take girls to a movie on a first date but that just removes 2 hours of talking from the date. Unless the girl is the type that likes to move fast and will let you make a move during the movie, you're just gonna sit there staring at a screen for awhile and that ruins the momentum of the date.

The best thing to do on a first date is go somewhere that allows for talking but can help you avoid any awkward silences. Like if you go to a museum, if you can't think of something to discuss, you can point to something on display at the museum and discuss it. This way you have a starting point for conversation, and it will keep things flowing. Plus, Museums are usually fairly cheap (and sometimes even free)

When you go out to eat, try to take her somewhere that you think she hasn't been before. Doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. Just try to be unique. Don't take a girl to Applebees or somewhere that everyone has been to 50 times before. You can check a place like Yelp to see if there is anything in your area that has recently opened, or just try something that people don't eat all the time (like Burgers, pizza, etc..) You can go to a Mediterranean place or Vietnamese, etc. This way, she's experiencing something new WITH YOU (girls tend to remember their first experiences more than something they've experienced 10 times before) and it'll show her you can be creative.

Disclaimer: This is for mature people and/or people looking to have a real relationship with a girl.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

When you go out to eat, try to take her somewhere that you think she hasn't been before. Doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. Just try to be unique. Don't take a girl to Applebees or somewhere that everyone has been to 50 times before. You can check a place like Yelp to see if there is anything in your area that has recently opened, or just try something that people don't eat all the time (like Burgers, pizza, etc..) You can go to a Mediterranean place or Vietnamese, etc. This way, she's experiencing something new WITH YOU (girls tend to remember their first experiences more than something they've experienced 10 times before) and it'll show her you can be creative.

Disclaimer: This is for mature people and/or people looking to have a real relationship with a girl.
I don't think that matters honestly. If you keep the conversation on point and flowing I don't even think she will think twice about that. Plus I am not in the business in making them feel "special" that early on. Take them somewhere normal to eat on the first out to eat outing. Make them earn anything else after that. I know you said it doesn't have to be expensive. I just think you can do your thing no matter where you take her. It is on you and her to make the night memorable.
Originally Posted by bruce negro

Yo, depending on your area, I think a solid date/outing is the traditional trip to the ice cream parlor/store (local ones are dope, skip the coldstone unless you really have to), then head to the nearest park for a nice walk and maybe play on the playground or swing. Those kinds of experiences aren't really TOO much, you know? They give you a lot of time to really just talk and enjoy one another's company in a beautiful environment that just frames the moment perfectly, and if you're really money conscious then it doesn't cost much, either. I honestly think going to artwalks and festivals when it's nice out is a really good idea, too. To wind that down, you can always go to dinner at a nice restaurant afterwards, maybe a movie if she's not tired out or anything.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo, depending on your area, I think a solid date/outing is the traditional trip to the ice cream parlor/store (local ones are dope, skip the coldstone unless you really have to), then head to the nearest park for a nice walk and maybe play on the playground or swing. Those kinds of experiences aren't really TOO much, you know? They give you a lot of time to really just talk and enjoy one another's company in a beautiful environment that just frames the moment perfectly, and if you're really money conscious then it doesn't cost much, either. I honestly think going to artwalks and festivals when it's nice out is a really good idea, too. To wind that down, you can always go to dinner at a nice restaurant afterwards, maybe a movie if she's not tired out or anything.

If you wanna make a good impression on a first date, make sure whatever you have planned leaves room for a good amount of conversation. A lot of guys take girls to a movie on a first date but that just removes 2 hours of talking from the date. Unless the girl is the type that likes to move fast and will let you make a move during the movie, you're just gonna sit there staring at a screen for awhile and that ruins the momentum of the date.

The best thing to do on a first date is go somewhere that allows for talking but can help you avoid any awkward silences. Like if you go to a museum, if you can't think of something to discuss, you can point to something on display at the museum and discuss it. This way you have a starting point for conversation, and it will keep things flowing. Plus, Museums are usually fairly cheap (and sometimes even free)

copied from a dating site? damn you got it down to a science
tumblr_l8ijexUnmP1qbn7noo1_500.jpg

Nice weather out? Can you cook? Do you live in a non bug infested area?

Picnic w/ a bottle of wine

Originally Posted by bruce negro

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
festivals are so much fun!

Originally Posted by ksprull

copied from a dating site? damn you got it down to a science
tumblr_l8ijexUnmP1qbn7noo1_500.jpg

laugh.gif
Nah but I'm 24 so I've been on a decent amount of dates. I've had awkward ones when I was younger and very successful ones when I was older so I know what to avoid.

mini-golf/dave & buster's/andretti's

Afterwards, find out her favorite food beforehand & take her to a spot that serves that. preferably somewhere she's never been

+1 for outdoor events/festivals. Food/beer/wine festivals are the best in summertime. Portland has a great setup for this on the waterfront.

Originally Posted by INS

a cooler of beer and a pack of smokes. /thread

strong user name to post content ratio.

Date?
My apartment, make-your-own-pizza night.

pop open a bottle of vino (but nothing before 2008 until i feel she's "earned" it)

little wine.
little dine.
in a little time,
its a little mine
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]
im drunk

like someone said wat date.. i got Call of duty, PB Twix and xbox controller in my left hand. thats my date

Hell, I don't even go to movies with regular friends. It's two hours of sitting in the dark and not talking. I like to interact with people when I go out. Also, most girls I know HATE going to movies on dates, unless they've been seeing the guy for a long time. Some even take it as a sign that the guy isn't interested in conversation at all, which is definitely a negative.

Back
Top Bottom