I wonder how many NTs are in this documentary
laugh.gif

i'm surprised i didnt see kampoutkid actin foolish
laugh.gif

Alright...honestly.

Rock
B1LLY
Anyone who works at Nike, Inc. in Beaverton:

What does it take to work at Nike? Like many of the people on NT, I want to work at the Nike headquarters someday.

Does a CIS major have any place at Nike? I would love to design...but I'm no good at Photoshop and I used to get roasted for my sneaker designs on here.But a career at Nike, Inc. would be awesome.

Perhaps someone with knowledge could drop me a PM with some advice/steps I should take to make this happen in the future?

Quick question. Is the SB park located at nike headquarters or near it? I like how they show Mike Mo tearing it up at skatelab
smokin.gif

^^10p/1e tonight

What does it take to work at Nike? Like many of the people on NT, I want to work at the Nike headquarters someday.

Does a CIS major have any place at Nike? I would love to design...but I'm no good at Photoshop and I used to get roasted for my sneaker designs on here. But a career at Nike, Inc. would be awesome.
I'd say you've got a shot as a CIS major. As you saw on the show Nike is moving heavily into digital marketing, so if you've gotskills for web design and such (is that the type of thing a CIS ed. teaches?) there would be a place for you. Of course it takes a passion for the company(which most of us here have) and incredible personal drive and work ethic. I saw someone on the show sitting next to Gentry who just started working in Jordandigital marketing last year (also an NTer) and I think his technical know-how was a big asset for him.

One thing I wish they would have covered was how Nike, being the giant they are, is a major target for fake products and how they are handling that. I'msure it would have been much more interesting than the bit they did on "sneakerheads."

I don't think working at Nike would be as great as most of you think.
who wants to work anyways?
laugh.gif

it could be if you know/have some idea of what you are getting into. It takes research and getting to know what EXACTLY you will be doing on a daily basis/noton a daily basis.
this goes for pretty much any dream job you would like to pursue.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

So if you can't design good why work for Nike design? Study something else Nike needs.

:lol: I don't think I'm a bad designer. But I remember a long time ago, I put up my shoe designs (conceivedon paper, recreated for the sake of showing NT in MS Paint--mistake :lol:) and I was flamed for posting up such abominations. Like I said, I don't thinkI'm a bad designer, but I was never skilled enough in Photoshop to make my designs look more realistic/presentable. If I learn PS well enough, I think Icould have a shot with my designs, but that isn't now. With that being said, I'm not majoring in Industrial Design, and don't plan on changing mymajor from CIS to ID. That's why I'm hoping that my CIS degree from Arizona State can get me a career somewhere in the Nike HQ, which is why I askedthe known employees of Nike, Inc. on Niketalk to tell me if I have any chance and what I need to do to land that dream job of mine.
I'd say you've got a shot as a CIS major. As you saw on the show Nike is moving heavily into digital marketing, so if you've got skills for web design and such (is that the type of thing a CIS ed. teaches?) there would be a place for you. Of course it takes a passion for the company (which most of us here have) and incredible personal drive and work ethic. I saw someone on the show sitting next to Gentry who just started working in Jordan digital marketing last year (also an NTer) and I think his technical know-how was a big asset for him.

Something like that would be great, that high-tech computer stuff is right up my alley.

It airs again on February 17th, Sunday, at 9:00 pm (PST), and February 18th, Monday, at 4:00 am, 6:00 pm, and 9:00 pm. all PST. It was pretty good, definitelygonna get the DVD, but I wish the elaborated a bit more on the factory situation, they seemed to whitewash it near the end, but oh well. I also thought it wasodd that they didn't mention Nike football (American) at all.

Did anyone put this up on you tube I missed the show because I went to HOH to get the jordan 8's.

Also is a dvd going to be released on this program ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by 200nikesdeep

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Yes there is a DVD being released with extras

Really Do you want know or where you can buy it ?

Is there any info on cnbc.com ?

thats where you can get the DVD... supposedly it has more footage/interview material with Tiger, MJ and Bron....

* no Kobe fans..... nothing with him
laugh.gif

Show was hot sweaty balls from when I seen the last 15 minutes from it.

I DVR'd the repeat so I'll catch it later on today.

The beginning of the show was >>>>> than the middle/ending part. I thought it was pretty cool. Tinker needs a haircut though for real.

I cant believe I missed both showings last night. I fell asleep as soon as I got home and missed the show in the 7pm hour but figured I'd cat the one inthe 10pm hour...wrong. still sleep. Im glad theyre gonna re-air it though

I need to invest in a DVR

^ I did the exact same thing....

and after all the talk about Campus... I think that I may have to move that tour up on the list of sports related places to visit before I die.... it wasalready top 5, but I think it might be top 3 now....

Back
Top Bottom