Swoosh! Inside Nike - Feb. 12th CNBC 10:00 EST

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

who was the sneakerhead they had on there?

His name is Melo. I met him at a DunkXChange several times - very nice guy. I believe his brother works at NT CHI as well.

If you ever go to HQ, you'd honestly want to work there even as a janitor....

I must admit, it's very hard to keep your composure at times when you see certain things "lying around". I can't tell you all how many timesI've passed by someone's desk during the day and say "Man! I wonder what my chances are of stealing "that" and getting away withit?". SMH @ myself!

I haven't found any links of the show just yet, but it'll be replayed on these dates:

Sunday, February 17 12a ET
Monday, February 18 7a | 9p | 12a ET
Tuesday, February 19 12a ET
Sunday, February 24 10p ET
Friday, February 29 9p | 12a ET

Get your DVR's ready.

^^ if anyone finds a link let me know plz or after they record it if they could somehow post it for your fellow canadians? eh?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

who was the sneakerhead they had on there?

His name is Melo. I met him at a DunkXChange several times - very nice guy. I believe his brother works at NT CHI as well.

If you ever go to HQ, you'd honestly want to work there even as a janitor....

I got experience as a janitor...someone hook me up...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

It was too late to watch the second airing. I just watched my recording, it was good, I really enjoyed it.

I will say this much. As someone on the "inside", I will tell you that Nike doesn't pay as much as everyone thinks. But the "perks" andbenefits of the company more then make up for it. So if you're looking to become extremely wealthy in a short amount of time, this company is not for you.You gotta' want to be a part of the company wholeheartedly and have an extreme passion for the brand "inside and out".

if you guys want, those of you out of the country. this show can be purchased on dvd at the website for the program. its like 19 bucks, not worth it imo

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

I must admit, it's very hard to keep your composure at times when you see certain things "lying around". I can't tell you all how many times I've passed by someone's desk during the day and say "Man! I wonder what my chances are of stealing "that" and getting away with it?". SMH @ myself!

I felt the same way when I visited!!!
laugh.gif

All those shoes and samples just chillin for everyone to see and they just walk past them like it'snothing... I HATE YOU ALL(until I get there)!!!!
wink.gif

I go to the campus all the time. Just like anything else, you get used to it. On another note, did anyone notice how crappy the production value of the showwas? It looked like they brought the B team as far as lighting, editing, and camera quality. That show looked straight up 1990's. At the very least, theycould have used HD cameras considering we are in the HD era.

I know they made a big deal about that dude with 300 sneaks, but there's people out here with 3000 pairs.

Also, it was pretty funny that Under Armour put in 2 ads during that show. Their logo might be tight, but their products are terrible.

Rovell with the good 'ol Nike knob job.

Who else thinks that MenofOregon "overuses" quotation marks or uses quotation marks "out of context"?
laugh.gif

finger_quotes-708792.jpg

Originally Posted by Zoom Air Panda

Did you guys see how stupid looking the host looked while interviewing the people?
roll.gif

I dunno - what was so stupid looking? Looked like a normal host/anchor to me. At first, his voice sounded like Jeremy Schaap from ESPN.

Working for this company, you tend to use a lot of "quotation marks" hahaha. Guess I got it from the "mentors" and "superiors"around here.

On another note, I am not sure about the status of Philip's health and I do realize that he is getting older, but the last few (very few) interviews thathe's done, his dome is appearing to get larger.

I do know some older guys who legally take HGH and they say that since they've been taking it, its the best thing and they feel capable like a 24 year oldagain.

But these guys' domes are getting bigger (Bonds-style).

I wonder if Phil is dabbling with HGH. Keep in mind that I am not knocking him, but I have noticed that his head is getting proportionately larger. If so,props to him, he certainly has the funds to pay for some HGH replacement therapy.

I will say this much. As someone on the "inside", I will tell you that Nike doesn't pay as much as everyone thinks. But the "perks" and benefits of the company more then make up for it. So if you're looking to become extremely wealthy in a short amount of time, this company is not for you. You gotta' want to be a part of the company wholeheartedly and have an extreme passion for the brand "inside and out".

you couldn't have said it any better....from what i hear, the pay isn't THAT great, but like you said, it's made up by the nice perks. plus it's NIKE!
eek.gif

and, i just thought it was kinda funny that UA had a few commercials in there
laugh.gif
i'm sure they paid some big bucks!

I thought the showwas disappointing and weak. The didn't really talk about or show anything that I haven't seen before. I thought I was going to seesome never before seen sketches or shoes, behind the scenes of how shoes are made, etc. But the whole show was pretty much telling the history of Nike, which Ialready knew alot so it was kind of boring.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

I will say this much. As someone on the "inside", I will tell you that Nike doesn't pay as much as everyone thinks. But the "perks" and benefits of the company more then make up for it. So if you're looking to become extremely wealthy in a short amount of time, this company is not for you. You gotta' want to be a part of the company wholeheartedly and have an extreme passion for the brand "inside and out".

i can understand because of the number of people wanting to work for nike, but what about the main design guys, how much do they get paid? i mean, take aguy like Eric Avar, supposing adidas made an offer he couldn't refuse.....it would certainly be a coup for them. how well are the top designers/innovatorsscompensated? if i was running the company, it's naive to pretend that the intangible "perks" and "benefits" are enough to prevent thatkind of brain drain from happening, right?

I can assure you that senior designers and senior Executives such as Eric, Aaron, Tracy, Tinker, Bruce, etc. etc. are very wellcompensated. Not only "salary-wise" but through other benefits of the company. They will never ever, EVER, EVER, EVER accept a job offer from a competitor brand. They've all invested too much time, money,and thought into the development and advancement of Nike. All their countless hours on the drawing board & researching for creative/innovative productshave helped to solidify them as the "pillars" of our company. Part of their gratification comes from seeing their creations on the feet of athletes.No amount of money can replace that feeling of pride they have from that. They've built great friendships/partnerships throughout the years. Nike hasliterally become their "adopted family". They are all very sensitive to "personal attacks" towards the brand because basically they are (weall are) the brand. Most of them(along with a lot of us) are shareholders anyway, so their roots are deeply embedded into the company.

Not a lot of people, outside of employees, know the history and heritage of Nike. The intent of the show was mainly to "introduce" and educate theviewing public on the background of the company and the daily business activity, as well as an overview of the "sneaker culture" that has risen sorapidly over the years.

thanks for the comments menoforegon. you think tinker, avar, johnson, those guys ever get something on the campus named after them someday? i bet they willwhen retirement comes..
you know, part of the reason i asked about compensation is because i was always curious what kind of offers they've turned down over the years.
like, seriously, how much cash WOULD it take for avar or tinker to convert to the dark side? $2 million? if you are a shoe enthusiast as i am, you know thesetwo are the g.o.a.t. within the industry, and if you are adidas, i would think you'd have to do that deal in a heartbeat. i mean, if f--ing devean georgedraws that much....

oh btw: i'm not a recruiter nor do i work for adidas or any other competitor :lol:

Back
Top Bottom