T.I. "Wants Out" of the rap game, contemplating Retiring

Originally Posted by chitowngwopboi

If TIP said this in 2003-2004 I might actually care lol 
grin.gif

/thread

A lot of shade being thrown on T.I.P. in here
Dude is one of the last few legit street cats, who made both street AND pop hits throughout his career.  Including Trouble Man it'll be his 8th album in 11 years, he's only had 1 real "bad" album, and he did all this while being in and out of jail/prison.

His career has been better than the vast majority of rappers.  Yeah his buzz now ain't what it was, but 5/7 of his albums have gone platinum.

All of this and he's still 5 years younger than 2 Chainz 
laugh.gif

TIP is among the Last of the Mohicans.

Much Respect to dude and his career.

_s with a spine won't have a lane in mainstream society soon enough.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

TIP is only 30 y/o so, I say gon' head and pull a Barry Sanders. He's got an extensive catalog and did a damn good job. When I heard "I'm Serious" as a yungn in 01', TIP gained a loyal fan right off the bat.

I can see what he's saying, although at this point in his life, maybe he should stick to rapping about it and NOT living it. Dude is the posterboy for "when keeping it real goes wrong".

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

A lot of shade being thrown on T.I.P. in here
Dude is one of the last few legit street cats, who made both street AND pop hits throughout his career.  Including Trouble Man it'll be his 8th album in 11 years, he's only had 1 real "bad" album, and he did all this while being in and out of jail/prison.

His career has been better than the vast majority of rappers.  Yeah his buzz now ain't what it was, but 5/7 of his albums have gone platinum.

All of this and he's still 5 years younger than 2 Chainz 
laugh.gif
Definitely agree with a lot of that. I've never been a T.I. fan, but he's made a lot of consistent good music since 2001. Not to derail the thread, but I like Ludacris a whole lot more
and think he's legitimately the better rapper, yet out of 7 albums, Luda has 3really good albums, 1 complete dud, and 3 that range from mediocre to decent. Props to T.I.'s career 

as a whole, and that he officially is done with prison this time.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

He's been done anyway post prison so maybe he should retire. Take that wack noise elsewhere.

What I came in here to say. "No Mercy" was a coaster for my iced tea..

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

what about dudes who didn't live that life, so don't rap about it? because that's what a lot of rappers are now-a-days. y'all act like every rapper has to have been street. if they rap about that then okay, but what about like Ye, Drake, Wale, Kendrick Lamar, etc. 

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I can see what he's saying, although at this point in his life, maybe he should stick to rapping about it and NOT living it. Dude is the posterboy for "when keeping it real goes wrong".

laugh.gif

the rap game is a *+!!%%* joke. it should burn to the ground along with all these other fake #@! institutions keeping +@**@% heads underwater

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

what about dudes who didn't live that life, so don't rap about it? because that's what a lot of rappers are now-a-days. y'all act like every rapper has to have been street. if they rap about that then okay, but what about like Ye, Drake, Wale, Kendrick Lamar, etc. 
I think what he's trying to say is they will be no space for street rappers who are actually authentic street dudes. Instead we'll have industry made street rappers

By the way have y'all learned nothing from the Jeezy thread? 
laugh.gif
  _s swore up and down Jeezy was done, Ross had took his lane, and his album was going to be the biggest flop ever and dude STILL moved units and had some good singles. Y'all be counting dudes out wayyy before their time.

"It was at one time, this music was about speaking to the people who felt like you feel. Now, the people I’m speaking to, they don’t necessarily feel like how I feel. In my day, if you were rapping about something you weren’t really living, that was a strike against you. You were held accountable. Nowadays, nobody even expects you to live up to the things you rap about. That goes against what I represent, what I stand for. So if they outsell me, then that’s just all the more better for me to fade to the back and cross my legs on my desk."

How could any real N' have a problem with what he said??  I find it hilarious how dismissive people can be of the truth, when the truth isn't "popular."  That truth then gets dragged in the dirt as though it has no merit, and the person who offered it gets called a "hater" or someone "reaching for attention because they ain't hot no more."  There is no accountability for people's words, or their effort when it comes to the music they make these days, and it's sad.  
And well...the truth is the truth...at least somebody's telling it 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

"It was at one time, this music was about speaking to the people who felt like you feel. Now, the people I’m speaking to, they don’t necessarily feel like how I feel. In my day, if you were rapping about something you weren’t really living, that was a strike against you. You were held accountable. Nowadays, nobody even expects you to live up to the things you rap about. That goes against what I represent, what I stand for. So if they outsell me, then that’s just all the more better for me to fade to the back and cross my legs on my desk."
How could any real N' have a problem with what he said??  I find it hilarious how dismissive people can be of the truth, when the truth isn't "popular."  That truth then gets dragged in the dirt as though it has no merit, and the person who offered it gets called a "hater" or someone "reaching for attention because they ain't hot no more."  There is no accountability for people's words, or their effort when it comes to the music they make these days, and it's sad.  
And well...the truth is the truth...at least somebody's telling it 
grin.gif

QFT

Back
Top Bottom