T-Mobile and the iPhone. it's here.

I'm a loyal customer also. Reading this thread is going to make me do some investigating. My contract is up this month, so I might just wait and not renew anything and see what happens in the next six months or so. I'm still ok with my phone I have now (samsung vibrant), but that iphone is attractive. Forgot about the financing of the phone option. Their customer service is great. I had a blackberry bold in May 2010, went to Hawai'i in June and jumped in the pool with it :smh:. Didn't have insurace on it, couldn't add it later. Told CS rep about it, he said wait it out until holiday until more phone options come out. Waited, they gave me the new contract price on the second phone (I was already under a new 2 year contract from May). Got the HD7, didn't like it, sent it back in exchange for Vibrant, they messed up in their explanation of the timliness of the return and after complaining, got $100 off of that phone and got the vibrant for $150 instead of $250 :smokin

probably for the 5s

i paid for the 5 64gb full price but i have a upgrade on tmobile so im just gonna keep saving it

:lol:
come on w/ the name callin, brah...
not even on no this versus that steez... but comparing the iphone 4 w/ an Pantech Burst ?
but to use your analogy, that's like going to hoop in some Retro Jordans made in 09, compared to copping a pair of Kevin Durant Shoes today...
KD's outperform an outdated shoe like a Retro any day of the week, but people will cop the retro... B/C THE BRAND..
i sell the iphone 4 in abudance b/c people just want that logo. nevermind that it has an outdated processor, it can BARELY run iOS 6, camera is poor, has 8gb of memory, many force closes, and runs at the same data speed as the 3GS...
as compared to a phone for the same price that does everything the iphone does, plus processor, screen clarity, 16gb memory plus expandable, higher quality camera and runs LTE (pulling mid 30s mbps)...
i understand preference... but its outdated, but folks dont care cuz its apple.
I agree with this post completely. I play with my girl's iPhone all the time, and I'm always asking how do you do this and that? Her response: "you can't" :stoneface:
I will just stick to Android and T-Mobile because I am as loyal as can be.
However, I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone just for the iPod.

Last edited:
ill pass.... dont have the time and patience for itunes... i need to do **** on the fly.. 1,2,3 not would you like to update itunes or ios blah blah blah

I agree with this post completely. I play with my girl's iPhone all the time, and I'm always asking how do you do this and that? Her response: "you can't"
indifferent.gif

yeah bro... specs on the iphone aint all taht.. even the top tier androids are better .. and when you root it you can get better quality cameras faster ram and all that even different roms so you choose

:lol:
come on w/ the name callin, brah...
not even on no this versus that steez... but comparing the iphone 4 w/ an Pantech Burst ?
but to use your analogy, that's like going to hoop in some Retro Jordans made in 09, compared to copping a pair of Kevin Durant Shoes today...
KD's outperform an outdated shoe like a Retro any day of the week, but people will cop the retro... B/C THE BRAND..
i sell the iphone 4 in abudance b/c people just want that logo. nevermind that it has an outdated processor, it can BARELY run iOS 6, camera is poor, has 8gb of memory, many force closes, and runs at the same data speed as the 3GS...
as compared to a phone for the same price that does everything the iphone does, plus processor, screen clarity, 16gb memory plus expandable, higher quality camera and runs LTE (pulling mid 30s mbps)...
i understand preference... but its outdated, but folks dont care cuz its apple.
I agree with this post completely. I play with my girl's iPhone all the time, and I'm always asking how do you do this and that? Her response: "you can't" :stoneface:

was with u til that last part

Sweet.

Will sell my Galaxy S3, pay the 200 to end contract then cop out of contract on a pre-paid unlimted plan :smokin

I have an iPhone that was locked to tmobile Germany so it's good the states are finally getting them

I've been on Tmobile with an iPhone for a year or so now. Thank you lord for allowing me to get off the Edge internet speed when I can finally go back to a real data plan. :D 8)

Last edited:
I just left Tmobile this summer and regret it. Verizon has been a pain in my *****

we shouldnt even get hyped, i dont know if i posted it but tmobile is getting rid of phone subsidies.... :x

might just leave tmobile in the summer if thats the case. Ive had an upgrade waiting for 3 years now. If i cant use it to get an iphone 5 for cheap then they can go to hell honestly.

we shouldnt even get hyped, i dont know if i posted it but tmobile is getting rid of phone subsidies....
sick.gif

might just leave tmobile in the summer if thats the case. Ive had an upgrade waiting for 3 years now. If i cant use it to get an iphone 5 for cheap then they can go to hell honestly.
Kinda...
T-Mobile’s CEO may have confirmed Apple products were coming to T-Mobile next year, but he never hinted at exactly what products T-Mobile would carry, or did he? During the Investor conference which saw the announcement, T-Mobile CEO John Legere hinted that T-Mobile could heavily finance “the most iconic device in the world” by selling it on a Value Plan offsetting some of the upfront costs. It’s clear that the full-on introduction of a Value Plan only environment will be a shift in how customers have bought devices, so T-Mobile is absolutely correct when they say they plan on doing somethings different. Needless to say, whether or not you love or hate the iPhone, it’s easily one of the more recognizable devices in the market.
“You may pay $99 for the most iconic device in the world, and then you may get 20 months worth of, call it $15-20 a month [on the device installment plan]. It’s very cheap out of pocket, very low. And at any point if you want to come back and trade in that phone, we will give you residual value, let you trade in that phone and stay on the contract service you have.”
While a lot of you have already sounded concerns over the financial impact from carrying the iPhone will affect T-Mobile, the notion that iPhones will be sold on Value Plans will help offset a lot of the costs. Concerns over a Sprint-style deal that won’t allow them to see a profit for years isn’t likely as any deal won’t likely be structured under the same guise as Sprint. The Value Plan only option makes sense for T-Mobile when they say that 4 out of 5 customers are choosing Value Plans. It makes more sense when you consider that between 12-15 percent of customers are bringing their own devices and servicing around 1.7 million unlocked iPhones on the network now.

The result may be that T-Mobile can turn a profit on iPhones by the end of the first year of sale thanks to Value Plans not forcing the company into up-front subsidies.
“We worked very, very hard for a deal that made sense to us … the deal is accretive to cash flow and EBITDA in 2014,” he said. “This is not a volume commitment the size of what Sprint agreed to or anything close to it.”
So, when T-Mobile’s CEO says his company’s way of selling the iPhone will be “dramatically different,” Value Plans are likely what he is referring to. As the deal doesn’t have any of the volume requirements Sprint has, investor concerns should be minimized.

RBC analyst Amit Daryanani is already predicting that T-Mobile will sell between 4 and 5 million iPhones in the first 12 months. That number is roughly compared to the 6.3 million iPhones Sprint sold in its first 12 months given the scope and size of each company’s customer base.

Turning attention to marketing the iPhone, T-Mobile says they plan on launching a “fun” campaign surrounding the iPhone and expect plenty of digs at AT&T. Legere says Sprint isn’t his primary target, but AT&T.
“We’re going to target Sprint. No, that’s not right. Sprint is too easy to target from a network standpoint. We’re going to target AT&T.”
Expect the company to launch a marketing campaign that sounds something like: “You love your iPhone, you hate @ATT.” Which is great, T-Mobile should grab hold of their underdog status and nip at the heels of the other three carriers, primarily AT&T. Given the ease with which customers can shift devices from AT&T to T-Mobile, it makes perfect sense that AT&T will be numero uno on the company’s hit list.

I’ll be thrilled, and I’m sure you will be to if T-Mobile can finally get aggressive now that they have a complete arsenal of smartphones. Life with Android has been great, but T-Mobile had a monstrous gap in their smartphone lineup that needed to be filled. Now that customers have a complete set of options, and if they can execute everything they laid out today, 2013 should be a very interesting year for Magenta.
"If you do the math the value plan ALWAYS works out to be a cheaper overall 2 year cost, so if T-mobile does decide to sell the iphone subsidized even though that most likely will not happen, you are still better off to go Value plan or if you can buy the phone outright in cash and not use the EIP option...use the monthly 4G option for $60 a month."

Last edited:
maybe i might not leave tmobile now plus i have an upgrade i havent used in years. as long as the internet plans are cheap then im getting it

This. I was planning on opting out of the contract and just pay the damn fee. I don't know if I can be this patient though.

we shouldnt even get hyped, i dont know if i posted it but tmobile is getting rid of phone subsidies.... :x
might just leave tmobile in the summer if thats the case. Ive had an upgrade waiting for 3 years now. If i cant use it to get an
iphone 5 for cheap then they can go to hell honestly.

Pretty much sums up for me. I got a upgrade due but i m using a gnex so I do have the need for a new phone so I was waiting for the next big thing, looks like I'm taking my gnex prepaid in February. Killing the subsidies looks like suicide to me :/

Then majority of people look/expect to pay say 200 upfront and that's it for the phone. When they see that's only a down payment and they have to pay 15-20 monthly I see this ending bad. Those who like having the newest device will lose bad having to constantly pay retail.

Last edited:
might just leave tmobile in the summer if thats the case. Ive had an upgrade waiting for 3 years now. If i cant use it to get an

Pretty much sums up for me. I got a upgrade due but i m using a gnex so I do have the need for a new phone so I was waiting for the next big thing, looks like I'm taking my gnex prepaid in February. Killing the subsidies looks like suicide to me :/

Then majority of people look/expect to pay say 200 upfront and that's it for the phone. When they see that's only a down payment and they have to pay 15-20 monthly I see this ending bad. Those who like having the newest device will lose bad having to constantly pay retail.

exactly, whats worse is especially if you have 4-5 people on the plan. how is that cheap? LMAOOO

i hope enough people complain so tmobile doesnt do it.

value plans are nice and cheap as hell but how is it fair to make people pair full price for phones? dumbest thing ive heard in awhile.

What are you all talking about

There will a base plan of lets say $50 gets you unlimited everything

Then a phone Lets say a Samsung S3 for $600.

You can pay the $600 right now and only do $50 plus tax a month or you can pay $100 right now and pay the phone off for $20 more dollars on top of your $50 bill. That makes it $70 dollars amonth. How is that hard?

tmobile always tryna come up on people.

i just cancelled my tmobile account.

they always BS'n people. I will never go to tmobile again in my lifetime. f dem. worst company always tryna charge u BS.

we shouldnt even get hyped, i dont know if i posted it but tmobile is getting rid of phone subsidies....
sick.gif

exactly, whats worse is especially if you have 4-5 people on the plan. how is that cheap? LMAOOO

i hope enough people complain so tmobile doesnt do it.

value plans are nice and cheap as hell but how is it fair to make people pair full price for phones? dumbest thing ive heard in awhile.
You're not paying full price up front though.  You can either pay full price forthe phone then have a plan that was cheaper than what u had before, or pay $99 for the phone and then pay off the rest of it (about $450) monthly over the next two years.  So instead of subsidizing it all up front, they're lowering the the cost of the monthly bill and then tacking the cost of the phone to that. overall it'll probably work out to the same. difference is that initial payment will be lest than half of the old cost but youll get hit more monthly.

What will make it or break it is if they still force you to lock into a 2 year contract which i think they do

your still paying full price for the phone. who wants to do that while still paying 100+ for a phone bill? SMH

if you think thats cool then thats on you

your still paying full price for the phone. who wants to do that while still paying 100+ for a phone bill? SMH
if you think thats cool then thats on you
What are you talking about? Why do you think you can get a Galaxy S3 for $200 on Verizon when it cost $600 retail.

THE PHONE COMPANY IS SUBSIDIZING it for you. Thats one of the reasons why there termination fees. You pay for the phone over time of the two years.

You're not paying full price up front though.  You can either pay full price forthe phone then have a plan that was cheaper than what u had before, or pay $99 for the phone and then pay off the rest of it (about $450) monthly over the next two years.  So instead of subsidizing it all up front, they're lowering the the cost of the monthly bill and then tacking the cost of the phone to that. overall it'll probably work out to the same. difference is that initial payment will be lest than half of the old cost but youll get hit more monthly.

What will make it or break it is if they still force you to lock into a 2 year contract which i think they do

They most likely will lock you in on the Phone financing then the plan

Last edited:
So if I am going to end up paying $70 a month or whatever for T-Mobile, why wouldn't I just go to Verizon where I can get the phone at a subsidized price and pay the same monthly amount as I would if I was to have a payment plan on the phone through T-Mobile. IMO this is a crash course on how to blow up your business. T-Mobile better figure out a way to upgrade their network to at least Verizon's level or I see a bunch of people jumping ship if this actually happens.

Back
Top Bottom