Take the breathalyzer or refuse?

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

if you are drunk refuse are you stupid.

you refuse, and go to the station and take it their so u can make a case and have time to sober up a little.
when i got mine i refused and went to the station...there was an hour and a half difference between leaving and getting to the station because someone got in a fight and the cop stopped...that was Dec. 4th and i still haven't been to court...

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

i think in cali its best that you take it. the penalty is harsher if you refuse.

No. there is actually no penalty if you refuse. they take you in for a blood test.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

i think in cali its best that you take it. the penalty is harsher if you refuse.

No. there is actually no penalty if you refuse. they take you in for a blood test.

but when you sign for your license does it say if you refuse a test at any time you get it suspended for a year?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

but when you sign for your license does it say if you refuse a test at any time you get it suspended for a year?

i refused it and didn't get my l suspend for a year.

I qould aay that if this ever happens, I would refuse.. But I'd be to much of a $$!*+ and scared to refuse if it does come down to it... Sorry stiill buszzibns

Refuse the one the cop has with him and the sobriety test counting and walking a straight line but take the one at the station.

Just say I am not going to take a breathalyzer that is proven not to be 100% accurate or be out there like a clown trying to hold a leg out and count to 30.

Always keep a bottle of water with you and chug it before the cop comes to try to help lower the b.a.c.

As soon as you see your going to get pulled over roll your windows down before you stop and let the car air out because the odor is the #1 sign

You have to take the breathalyzer at the station but there are loopoles that laywers can get you out of if you follow the correct rules.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

, what if you refuse a breathalyzer and they haul you in for blood work and find bud in your system? Remember, you don't have to be under the influence of marijuana to test positive for THC.

This. You might just be delaying the inevitable if you
pimp.gif
, too. If you don't
pimp.gif
, though, definitely refuse if you think you're going to fail it. I've even seen this happen on COPS, and the dude passed the blood test because he had sobered up on his way in. License suspension > DUI on your record; DUI's can effect your chances for getting a job, too.

Bud stays in your system for a month depending on how big you are but if you are pulled over for the suspicion of drinking, they're focusing on that.

Its a breathalyzer, at least here in Michigan. They only draw blood if you refuse the breathalyzer and I think they have to take you to the hospital for that. I

f you refuse the road test and stuff you will automatically have to pay like $100 and probably spend the night in jail (unless you blow zeros) but it gives you way more of a chance to get it at least lowered.

Never plead guilty either. Talk to a lawyer and figure out the chances you have of getting it lowered or dismissed.

I know one rule to getting it dismissed it that there has to be an inspector to go into every jail once a month and run tests on their breathalyzer machine and if they didnt go in that month you can automatically get it dismissed.

Always refuse if youre drunk.

Theres a reson the penalties are getting harsh for refusing.

Theyre trying hard to deter people from refusing, because it makes it much harder for the state to prove its case.

I wonder what happens if you refuse in VA...

Help me out someone.. So if i'm under 18 and a party i'm at gets busted, and the cops ask me to take a breathalyzer..

Do I have a choice of not taking it??

I heard about a guy in GA was drunk and still passed it but didn't pass the other tests, and the officer let him go
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Just don't drink and drive.

yep.
TX has no refusal weekends
I think if you refuse, they get the warrant right there and then you have to.
yeah houston harris county where i live leads the nation in drunk driving

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Just don't drink and drive.

yep.
TX has no refusal weekends
I think if you refuse, they get the warrant right there and then you have to.
yeah houston harris county where i live leads the nation in drunk driving
I see. When I'm on the road I dream of being Dwight so I can stop these fools.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RAWse

I wonder what happens if you refuse in VA...

Help me out someone.. So if i'm under 18 and a party i'm at gets busted, and the cops ask me to take a breathalyzer..

Do I have a choice of not taking it??
dude, you just make sure you're one of the first ones to dip outta there when the cops come...

cops don't usually mess with large groups of people like that...they just wanna break up the party and get outta there.
unless you're being rowdy or somethin. keep cool and you'll be fine.
smokin.gif

i refused both got locked up, and the charges are still the same, dmv auto suspends your license for refusing blood test

if you are too drunk, refuse because you later get another oppurtunity to blow, and you will be less drunk. If you can beat it beat it

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

At what point does ur bllod/alcohol level rise with time, instead of drop?

It's always dropping. You gotta drink more to maintain a nice buzz.

Originally Posted by neverflopped

How %$%%!$ up is .08?? I don't drink and drive but I've always been curious about how drunk is

that amount varies in many people....i bought a breathlyzer outta curiousity, i blew 1.0 after a 40 of Labatts, but that was in my heavy drinking days... 0.08 can be anything from 1 shot to 4 shots to a 40 to a can of beer...It all varies from person to person.

Back
Top Bottom