Takeover > Ether

n
Ahh nice deflections. Keep doing it to adjust your weak arguments. I knew from the get go what you were talking about. The impact of ether or the battle itself is not THE highlight of his career. That's flatly wrong and you know it. Illmatic is still being discussed as one of the greatest rap albums of all time, it came out 20 years ago but you chose the battle from 12 years ago. The impact that illmatic had is far greater than ether or the battle. Don't get mad when your logic is questioned.

You are posting on a public forum, you are embarrassing yourself. Don't attack me. Lol

You knew what I was talking about?

That's why you were mentioning the number of songs better than Ether on Stillmatic :rofl:

Like I said earlier, younger people aren't naming Illmatic as one of their favorite albums. They have no attachment to it. They don't remember Live At The BBQ. They don't remember It Ain't Hard To Tell or the promotion from street teams to it. It has about as much impact to them as Mase or Ja Rule. In rap it's what have you done lately. The old heads are the ones who long for what was. Just like most 25-30 year olds aren't naming Paid In Full, It Takes A Nation Of Millions or Long Live the Kane. It's just the way things are.

You don't seem to grasp that I'm talking about a certain demographic and how rap works. Sort of like how you mentioned that silliness about how Whodini, LL, Run DMC still aren't making music anymore. Not realizing you were in fact proving my point. You probably haven't listened to Raising Hell and don't acknowledge it's greatness and impact on rap, but you expect young kids to do that with Illmatic?

That's why you were mentioning the number of songs better than Ether on Stillmatic :rofl:

Like I said earlier, younger people aren't naming Illmatic as one of their favorite albums. They have no attachment to it. They don't remember Live At The BBQ. They don't remember It Ain't Hard To Tell or the promotion from street teams to it. It has about as much impact to them as Mase or Ja Rule. In rap it's what have you done lately. The old heads are the ones who long for what was. Just like most 25-30 year olds aren't naming Paid In Full, It Takes A Nation Of Millions or Long Live the Kane. It's just the way things are.

You don't seem to grasp that I'm talking about a certain demographic and how rap works. Sort of like how you mentioned that silliness about how Whodini, LL, Run DMC still aren't making music anymore. Not realizing you were in fact proving my point. You probably haven't listened to Raising Hell and don't acknowledge it's greatness and impact on rap, but you expect young kids to do that with Illmatic?

Those songs I mentioned had a bigger impact on why Stillmatic is a classic. Not just ether.

Rap's demographic will always change but people will always understand the impact of a great album. Look at other genres. Pink Floyd dropped The Dark side of the moon in 1973. 40 years ago. That album's impact is still ongoing. The same can be said about great albums that have dropped in Hip-hop. Granted Illmatic dropped just 20 years ago, the influence of that album is still there. It will never leave. That's why it is called a classic. Nas' legacy is more than ether, he will be remembered for the great albums that he has dropped.

You mentioned that Ether will be a longer lasting memory to kids 18-20 and younger. I don't think that's true because they weren't old enough to understand the impact of that song at 6 years old anyways. So when they listen to Nas' music now they will keep on back tracking up until illmatic. Hope fully they can understand the greatness of the album. Jay-z mentions the greatness of Illmatic on some of his own tracks. Before and after the battle. That tells you the impact of that album.

As far as the VH1 thing, if they spent 2-3 minutes on it a year or 2 after it happened then why would they spend more time dwelling on the battle? It was a sour issue for both parties. Nas didn't even want to record ether.

The disrespect you are spewing towards is ridiculous man? How can you say I haven't listened to Raising Hell? I listened to DMC religiously. Out of everything you said, that's the only thing I took to heart. :lol:

Last edited:
n
Ahh nice deflections. Keep doing it to adjust your weak arguments. I knew from the get go what you were talking about. The impact of ether or the battle itself is not THE highlight of his career. That's flatly wrong and you know it. Illmatic is still being discussed as one of the greatest rap albums of all time, it came out 20 years ago but you chose the battle from 12 years ago. The impact that illmatic had is far greater than ether or the battle. Don't get mad when your logic is questioned.

You are posting on a public forum, you are embarrassing yourself. Don't attack me. Lol

You're REALLY disrespecting hip-hop right now. I don't know how old you are or where you're from, but many teenagers coming up now are into 90's rap heavy (like my generation feeling Motown, after the fact). They know what the classics are. I think you'll see more of this as time passes. And you act like this is 1997 where the internet on the phone wasn't part of the average life. Kids can look and listen to whoever they want these days as many times as they want, wherever they want.

I
I said nothing moronic guy.
You're delusional if you truly believe that. Nothin' wrong with bein' a ******' idiot so quit tryna act intelligent.
You made no sense in your statements and called me all sorts of names and then have the nerve to ask me if I'm trying to be a tough guy over the Internet. LOL you are mentally inferior and you need to step your game up.
So you get butthurt over "name-calling" like a ******' toddler, then you have the nerve to call me mentally inferior? Wouldn't that be classified as "name-calling"? So not only are you on the verge of ******ation, but you're a delusional hypocrite that catches feelings easier than ******* do.
You can't articulate yourself properly and get mad at me for acknowledging how fragile the reasoning behind your opinions is. That is why no one is taking you seriously in anything you have typed in this thread.
Now that I think about it, it seems to me like you're projecting your own problems onto me. 'Cause every negative comment you've made about me pertains only to yourself.
You would rather listen to snoop do reggae than Damian Marley. That statement says everything I need to know about you.
Unbelievable that you STILL, after I reiterated it numerous times, do not understand my point. Your lack of intelligence is greatly displayed by your inability to grasp the simplest of concepts. The point I was tryna make was that I don't listen to Nas to hear reggae. I listed the first two reggae artists that came to mind, in which I would refer to if I did, in fact, want to hear reggae. I never ONCE said I'd rather listen to Snoop do reggae than Damian Marley, as I'd rather not listen to the genre in the first place. And even if I did, how the **** does that say everything you need to know about me? Is that how you judge people in the real world? By their musical preference? You sir, are the definition of a piece of ****.
I don't care if you don't listen to reggae, don't speak on something you know nothing about. You make yourself look like a clown.
You say this as if I've been acting like I actually know **** about reggae. I stated NUMEROUS times that I don't even listen to the genre to begin with. I don't know what lead to your assumption, all I know is that you have some serious issues.
Now go sit in a corner and reevaluate yourself. This is the last time I am going to address you.
Hold up, reevaluate myself? Says the dude that tries so hard to convince himself that he's intelligent, when in reality, he's far from it. Says the dude that takes his own personal issues, and projects them onto others as a way to cope with his lack of self-esteem. Says the dude that judges people based on their musical preference. Says the dude that's hypocritical, beyond delusional, and catches feelings over some dumb ****. You're an utter piece of ****, and you fail to realize the fact that you have a number of mental issues that could easily classify you as insane but I need to reevaluate myself? **** outta here.
I am giving you the opportunity to have the last word. Have at it. Just a forewarning tho, I won't read it. Lol
Don't front. I know for a fact you'll read it. You just won't respond 'cause you don't wanna make yourself look ****tier than you already have. You know if you keep responding to my comments, you'll only continue to dig yourself even deeper. I see right through your fake-*** internet persona. We both know you ain't ****.

Last edited:
Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt

It Was Written > In My Lifetime, Vol. 1

Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life > I Am...

Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter > Nastradamus

Stillmatic > The Dynasty: Roc La Familia

The Lost Tapes > The Blueprint

God's Son > The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse

Street's Disciple = The Black Album

Hip Hop Is Dead > Kingdom Come

Untitled > American Gangster

The Blueprint 3 = Distant Relatives

Life Is Good > Magna Carta... Holy Grail
*Fixed after recently peepin' each album.

Last edited:
As much as I would rather not listen to reggae, BP3 is far ****tier than I remembered. That ****'s subpar at best.

Not many artist could follow up such ground breaking debut with another banger, but Nas did it. I remember people lightweight disappointed when IWW dropped just cause Illmatic set the bar so high.

Ppl were disappointed cause he took a different direction to move more units.

If Ether isn't a highlight of his career, why does this debate still occur?

Cause Jay radicals feel the need to rehash it every couple of months.

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt

It Was Written > In My Lifetime, Vol. 1

Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life > I Am...

Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter > Nastradamus

Stillmatic > The Dynasty: Roc La Familia

The Lost Tapes > The Blueprint

God's Son > The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse

Hip Hop Is Dead > Kingdom Come

Untitled > American Gangster

The Blueprint 3 = Distant Relatives

Life Is Good > Magna Carta... Holy Grail
*Fixed after recently peepin' each album.

You're REALLY disrespecting hip-hop right now. I don't know how old you are or where you're from, but many teenagers coming up now are into 90's rap heavy (like my generation feeling Motown, after the fact). They know what the classics are. I think you'll see more of this as time passes. And you act like this is 1997 where the internet on the phone wasn't part of the average life. Kids can look and listen to whoever they want these days as many times as they want, wherever they want.

:lol:

I know for a fact this isn't true. Especially since I interact with young kids.

Knowing who Rakim and Public Enemy are, is a lot different than actually listening to them.

Because if that were the case, there wouldn't be so many garbage young artist. It's obvious they didn't grow up on lyrical rap.

Go in the favorite rappers list, the only rapper you will see named from the 90's will be the same ol same ol(Nas, Jay, Big, Tupac), much less the 80's.

I'm not even going to discuss people naming their favorite albums.

I look at those list and laugh.

In the words of Mc Shan dudes need to Kill That Noise

Last edited:

Go in the favorite rappers list, the only rapper you will see named from the 90's will be the same ol same ol(Nas, Jay, Big, Tupac)

Isn't Nas the topic of conversation though? He's from the 90's. Mid 90's at that.

I didn't see the guy you replied to mention Rakim or PE. Their prime was the late 80's.

Regardless, let's try to keep the word "fact" in perspective here people!

laugh.gif
ok that's arguably Jay's best album, my favorite from him...
So your favorite Jay album is equivalent to an average Nas album...? 
roll.gif

And now the Jay-Z ********rs are infuriated... That last list was a straight up insult to Nas though. **** had to be edited. I like both artists so don't get butthurt if your list doesn't match mine exactly. The Lost Tapes is 100 times better than The Blueprint by the way. ****'s decent but it's still one of the most overrated albums in hip-hop.

Last edited:
On a side note, I love The Black Album, and though it's clearly far more successful than Street's Disciple, I think that may've been it's undoing. About half the tracks on that joint are mad overplayed. And I mean MAD overplayed. And despite the fact that SD has a **** ton of filler, the bangers on that joint are straight BANGERS.

And now the Jay-Z ********rs are infuriated... That last list was a straight up insult to Nas though. **** had to be edited. I like both artists so don't get butthurt if your list doesn't match mine exactly. The Lost Tapes is 100 times better than The Blueprint by the way. ****'s decent but it's still one of the most overrated albums in hip-hop.
You can like Lost Tapes 100 times more than Blueprint for all I care champ.  At the end of the day the music speaks for itself, and with that being said you.............yes YOU (Js4Daze) are going to hear more songs and tracks off of Blueprint than Lost Tapes, and that's not even with me taking into account where you live or be at.  Blueprint changed the game and help usher in a new sound into the game, Lost Tapes............not so much.  I really like Lost Tapes by the way, just wanted to put that out there.  Your going to hear a song like Heart of the City for quite some time in your life, there's a reason for that.  

You can like Lost Tapes 100 times more than Blueprint for all I care champ.  At the end of the day the music speaks for itself, and with that being said you.............yes YOU (Js4Daze) are going to hear more songs and tracks off of Blueprint than Lost Tapes, and that's not even with me taking into account where you live or be at.  Blueprint changed the game and help usher in a new sound into the game, Lost Tapes............not so much.  I really like Lost Tapes by the way, just wanted to put that out there.  Your going to hear a song like Heart of the City for quite some time in your life, there's a reason for that.  
What's your point? I'm well aware The Blueprint is the more commercially successful album. And that Jay-Z's the more commercially successful artist. Does that make him better by any stretch? Absolutely not. That'd be like sayin' 2 Chainz is better than Jay Electronica.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom