Takeover > Ether

And was this an attempt to act tough over the internet?

No absolutely not, I am not one to do that. I am just wondering if there was a problem then what would be the result since we are probably a couple hundred miles from each other. You are the one who asked if there was a problem right? and I am the one who is trying to act tough? :rolleyes

Last edited:
I can't believe you think that weed plate of a cd called blueprint 3 is better than Distant Relatives. Wow! :smh
If I wanted reggae music, I'd go listen to Bob and Snoop. Y'all need to get of Nas' **** though. Dude's one of my favorite all-time artists but I'm not just gonna blindly give him the edge on every single album comparison.

Didn't you just do an album comparison where you had it at a tie, album for album, only to be reminded (and agree) that BP2/BP2.1 wasn't better than God's Son?

I'm just wondering if you are sticking with your revised list and saying that Nas has the better catalogue, even with the reggae album?

Last edited:
Ether is better. Jay made a diss in takeover saying Nas got killed on one of his own songs. However, Eminem massacred Jay on Renegade, so it just makes Hov's comment look stupid. Takeover wasn't only dedicated to Nas, Ether was solely dedicated to Jay-Z. Both are some of my favorite MCs, but Ether is a better track.

You responded with if i wanted to listen to reggae then I would listen to Bob Marley(great choice) or Snoop(very poor choice).

Then I asked why would listen to snoop doing reggae rather than Damian Marley and Nas
'Cause Snoop's a reggae artist now. Nas is not, and never will be. He is a hip-hop artist, thus I listen to him for the sake of hip-hop music. NOT reggae. If ******' Toby Keith decides to collab with Nas on a project called Opposite Relatives, I'm not gonna listen to that ****. 'Cause I don't listen to Nas to hear wack-*** country music.
You answered with you wouldn't take the best reggae album over an average Hip-hop album. which didn't answer my question but from this I presume I should have known your favorite genre is rap.
laugh.gif
You could have just said I prefer to listen to hip-hop than reggae which is perfectly fine.
Saying that I wouldn't take the best reggae album over an average hip-hop album is just about the most obvious implication that I prefer hip-hop over reggae without saying exactly that. Not at all my problem if you can't grasp such a simple concept.
So let me ask you this. who is the weak minded one between the two of us?
Still you... And your pointless rant supports that fact.

Last edited:
Didn't you just do an album comparison where you had it at a tie, album for album, only to be reminded (and agree) that BP2/BP2.1 wasn't better than God's Son?
No, the comparison was never a tie. The sole reason I even posted it was to show that Nas had the better discography. Which is exactly why you Nas **** riders need to chill. And if you actually took the few grueling seconds that'd it'd take to look back at my post, you'd see that it hasn't been edited. Although, I admitted I was wrong on 1 of 12 comparisons, where I put BP2 in front of God's Son. Note that the list was OPINION BASED and ALWAYS had Nas out in front. My apologizes that I didn't give Nas the edge on every single album comparison. I wasn't out to please any **** riders. My goal was to make the comparison as fair as possible, but still show that Nas has the better discography.
I'm just wondering if you are sticking with your revised list and saying that Nas has the better catalogue, even with the reggae album?
Considering it would have God Son's in front of BP2, my revised list would support this claim even further... 
mean.gif
 Not sure how that can be anymore more ******' obvious.

when i studied the two rappers (Nas & Jay) and heard Nas say:

"What's up ******, ay yo, I know you ain't talking 'bout me dog

You, what?

You been on my **** *****, you love my style, *****"

I instantly couldn't believe anything negative Jay-Z was saying about Nas rhyme skills

how can you even discuss this ......rocafella died of aids and thats who yall named ya company after ? put it together , i roc hos yall roc fellas ....come on

ether > takeover by 100 times easy

'Cause Snoop's a reggae artist now. Nas is not, and never will be. He is a hip-hop artist, thus I listen to him for the sake of hip-hop music. NOT reggae. If ******' Toby Keith decides to collab with Nas on a project called Opposite Relatives, I'm not gonna listen to that ****. 'Cause I don't listen to Nas to hear wack-*** country music.

Saying that I wouldn't take the best reggae album over an average hip-hop album is just about the most obvious implication that I prefer hip-hop over reggae without saying exactly that. Not at all my problem if you can't grasp such a simple concept.

Still you... And your pointless rant supports that fact.

If you listen to the album, Nas is not doing reggae. He is rapping like he always does. He is not singing, he is RAPPING. JR Gong is the one doing the reggae. The album is a combination of the two genres. That toby mcguire argument is dumb. Learn to articulate yourself in better ways instead of calling people names and **** riders. Its weak minded strategy. You're better than that, at least I would hope so.

Last edited:

Deuce you're my dude...but you know Jay ain't messing with Nas lyrically. 

Nas just needs someone to light a fire under his *** that's all. 

pimp.gif

Gotta throw in the classic...

Last edited:
^

The person I quoted said "Nas has way more lyrical talent".....with the key phrase being WAY MORE, and in that regard I'm just not seeing or hearing it.

Truth be told overall, I do think Jay is better than Nas lyrically. A case can be made for both IMO.

Last edited:
^

The person I quoted said "Nas has way more lyrical talent".....with the key phrase being WAY MORE, and in that regard I'm just not seeing or hearing it.
Got you. 

Still say girls, girls, girls is genius though. Still think it's Jay's best concept track ever. 

Last edited:
^

Truth be told overall, I do think Jay is better than Nas lyrically. A case can be made for both IMO.

I agree with this. It's just different styles of lyricism but they are both elite. It's just a matter of preference. I would give the edge to Nas.

What I don't understand is people who can't appreciate both of them. It seems like people are still bitter about the battle but people need to appreciate the talent and the amount of good music that both have dropped in close to 20 years now. There is no need to discredit one to make the other seem more elite. If you can't appreciate what both have done for rap and hip-hop then your whole perspective is wack.

Last edited:
I'm at the point where I appreciate both of them, but back in 01 or something nah man, you couldn't get me to say anything positive about Jay. 

laugh.gif

Took me a minute to even warm up to The Blueprint bc of the beef...and as a die hard Nas fan I couldn't give dude the time of day after Takeover dropped. 

If you listen to the album, Nas is not doing reggae. He is rapping like he always does. He is not singing, he is RAPPING. JR Gong is the one doing the reggae. The album is a combination of the two genres. That toby mcguire argument is dumb. Learn to articulate yourself in better ways instead of calling people names and **** riders. Its weak minded strategy. You're better than that, at least I would hope so.
I'm well aware who's rappin' and who's doin' reggae. I've heard the damn album. My point, that I've blatantly highlighted in just about every comment, is that there is in fact reggae on the album. You said yourself it is a combination of the two genres. So I will say this again, I DO NOT LISTEN TO NAS TO HEAR REGGAE. Regardless of who the ****'s doin' reggae on his album, THERE IS STILL REGGAE ON THE ALBUM. What the **** don't you understand about that? I've worded this **** in just about every way possible and you're still unable to comprehend it despite the utter simplicity of the concept. The ****'s wrong with you man?

Last edited:
I'm well aware who's rappin' and who's doin' reggae. I've heard the damn album. My point, that I've blatantly highlighted in just about every comment, is that there is in fact reggae on the album. You said yourself it is a combination of the two genres. So I will say this again, I DO NOT LISTEN TO NAS TO HEAR REGGAE. Regardless of who the ****'s doin' reggae on his album, THERE IS STILL REGGAE ON THE ALBUM. What the **** don't you understand about that? I've worded this **** in just about every way possible and you're still unable to comprehend it despite the utter simplicity of the concept. The ****'s wrong with you man?

LOL I'm perfectly fine. Take it down a thousand man. It's not good for your heart. You got it.

I'm at the point where I appreciate both of them, but back in 01 or something nah man, you couldn't get me to say anything positive about Jay. 

:lol:

Took me a minute to even warm up to The Blueprint bc of the beef...and as a die hard Nas fan I couldn't give dude the time of day after Takeover dropped. 

See, I was sort of the opposite. I was a firm Jay-Z fan, and had Nas left for dead around 99 (though I was still checking out his stuff). Jay dropped Takeover, and Nas may as well have been J-Kwon to me. Then Nas dropped Ether and Stillmatic and I pretty much haven't looked at Jay-Z the same. It also doesn't help that BP2, BP3, Kingdom Come, and WTT were all sorts of mediocre with very few standouts, and the event of the Black Album was better than the actual music itself, while Nas' "worst" albums since that same time period were Distant Relatives and Untitled...which were both still good. To me, lyrically Nas as continued to get better, even though he burst on the scene at a high level. Jay was at a high level, then purposely dumbed down (like he said) to elevate himself. He shows flashes of his greatness every now and then, but prefers to just be regular, for good reason though.

See, I was sort of the opposite. I was a firm Jay-Z fan, and had Nas left for dead around 99 (though I was still checking out his stuff). Jay dropped Takeover, and Nas may as well have been J-Kwon to me. Then Nas dropped Ether and Stillmatic and I pretty much haven't looked at Jay-Z the same. It also doesn't help that BP2, BP3, Kingdom Come, and WTT were all sorts of mediocre with very few standouts, and the event of the Black Album was better than the actual music itself, while Nas' "worst" albums since that same time period were Distant Relatives and Untitled...which were both still good. To me, lyrically Nas as continued to get better, even though he burst on the scene at a high level. Jay was at a high level, then purposely dumbed down (like he said) to elevate himself. He shows flashes of his greatness every now and then, but prefers to just be regular, for good reason though.
Do you like Street's Disciple? I feel like that album is one of his weakest. 

Back
Top Bottom