TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

Ups and downs during the chase or overall relationship including after we were married?

I'll answer the rest when I get home to my PC. Not typing this stuff out on my phone. Auto complete going to have me sounding inebriated.

Both: ups/downs during the chase + relationship

I'm interested in how everyone here navigates dating / the qualities you look for / committing to your SO / progressing in the relationship.

My wife and I have been married for 5 years. Been together for 13 years overall. It took her dad a couple years to get used to his daughter dating someone outside her race.

Who ever said Grandchildren change all of that is right. We were cool before the kid, but now it feels like family.

Didn't know this lil gem existed, lemme settle in here...

Question for the thread: how is everyone's lady on letting them go out with just the boys? Like, club and tables going out, not just catching the game at the bar.

My wife is cool and understanding. Couple of years ago took a guys trip with little planning, homies came down to TX and made plans to ride with em from Dallas to Austin for a weekend. I try to make sure that I'm open with her about where we staying and planned activities and try to make sure I'm not planning anything that she wants to do with my guys before I do it with her.

How do yall get over your past experiences?
I've become super protective of myself because of two past failed relationship. Don't want to screw the current one up but I'm super closed off almost to an extreme. Like hesitating to call/text/make plans unless she does. Feel like it's detrimental but man I'm too damn scared to be in too deep with anybody now

My ex before my wife really f*d me up and it took me almost losin' my wife (while we were dating) to really see how important she was to me. My advice is to try your best not to let what some bird did in your past and give your current chick a chance to show you who she really is before you color her with somebody else's brush.

It's hard but if you communicate with her that you have a wall up because of your past experiences and she's mature she will be able and willing to respect that there will be a bit of a wall there

My wife and I have been married for 5 years. Been together for 13 years overall. It took her dad a couple years to get used to his daughter dating someone outside her race.

Who ever said Grandchildren change all of that is right. We were cool before the kid, but now it feels like family.
Funny cuz I’m the only one out of all siblings that married in my race. Parents favor my kiddos over the rest but it’s good to see them embrace change with my niece and nephews and try to have an open mind. Family bruh, it’s all we got

I think that as long as she has a good relationship with yours and your ok with not being close to her its ok. If you guys are serious and long term and can talk and shes ok with them not being close to you just rock it out. Sometimes it takes a parent a while. Also maybe once you guys are married or have kids they'll come around if not their loss. Now if she is super close to her parents and they didnt like you that may cause some issues but if you guys are both cool with it. **** it

My ex before my wife really f*d me up and it took me almost losin' my wife (while we were dating) to really see how important she was to me. My advice is to try your best not to let what some bird did in your past and give your current chick a chance to show you who she really is before you color her with somebody else's brush.

It's hard but if you communicate with her that you have a wall up because of your past experiences and she's mature she will be able and willing to respect that there will be a bit of a wall there
I really needed this man. Thanks fam.
What did you do/were you doing to nearly lose your wife? Only if you want to tell the story of course

I really needed this man. Thanks fam.
What did you do/were you doing to nearly lose your wife? Only if you want to tell the story of course

Man, I smashed one of my exes while we were dating.

In my "defense" I specifically remember me and my wife when we were dating, sitting in my apartment's bathtub and she told me "If you are talking to another girl/smashing another girl just don't tell me". So I took that as, aight I'll do me and keep ish clear. Wifey invited me to her fam's spot around Christmas but I declined because I had already scheduled my ex-ex to come in town for the pipe. Piped Ex-ex down and wifey asked me about it, told her. Completely broke her heart, had to do some romantic ish to make that up.

Then the last thing was she thought I went out of town to Houston to talk to other chicks. Came back had an argument and realized how much I really cared about her and how much I hurt from me hurting her and committed to her that day. July 19th 2013

Man, I smashed one of my exes while we were dating.

In my "defense" I specifically remember me and my wife when we were dating, sitting in my apartment's bathtub and she told me "If you are talking to another girl/smashing another girl just don't tell me". So I took that as, aight I'll do me and keep ish clear. Wifey invited me to her fam's spot around Christmas but I declined because I had already scheduled my ex-ex to come in town for the pipe. Piped Ex-ex down and wifey asked me about it, told her. Completely broke her heart, had to do some romantic ish to make that up.

Then the last thing was she thought I went out of town to Houston to talk to other chicks. Came back had an argument and realized how much I really cared about her and how much I hurt from me hurting her and committed to her that day. July 19th 2013
Damn you got yourself a keeper. I'm so messed up I struggle to initiate making plans with my girl so I don't seem like I need her. Smh

If any of y'all ladies are into make-up and all of that consider this subscription box called Ipsy for her as a monthly "gift". Signed up last month and got this month's box yesterday. They'll get 5 make-up related items each month not including an additional lil make-up bag.

My goal is to get my wife to be used to getting gifts throughout the year so she isn't so amused by holidays like Valentines or Christmas. I'm starting to hate the pressure to give gifts on a specific date to prove appreciation and love.

My goal is to get my wife to be used to getting gifts throughout the year so she isn't so amused by holidays like Valentines or Christmas. I'm starting to hate the pressure to give gifts on a specific date to prove appreciation and love.

I usually get my lady things that she would appreciate or would improve her quality of life. For example, I see a nice t-shirt when I’m out somewhere to include her— or something for her car like a cell phone mount. I don’t try to shower her with gifts just cuz, and she knows that I don’t really care for big gifts on special holidays/birthdays, because generally I always get myself what I want or need already anyway. A simple gesture of appreciation is more than anything

what if I shot and missed but she still responding to my Instagram stories? i swear i can never understand females :smh:

shes probably just bored tbh...if you shot your shot and she shot you down means she wasn't interested but might still respond to your stories to kind of keep you hooked and not completely lose interest in her

Screenshot_2019-02-21-17-49-54(1).png

IMG_20170408_184518.jpg

Been with my girl since June 2018, first met that April. Move in together this past October. I will admit it was a little bumpy in the beginning cause I was a reformed *** out here in these streets :lol: I had an individual mindset. She’s opened my eyes to a lot of **** for the better. I’m thinking about proposing to her sometime this fall.

had a chat with a female and she stated that men nowadays are Lil b’s and complain worse than woman. Lol’d at her comment cuz she still with ol boy but there is validity to it.

Not trying to blow up anyone's spot, but who has the dope couple's vacation hook ups / ideas? :nerd:
NYC was nice in DEC especially cuz we were super high the whole time. Brought a half oz on the plane from Cali.
Funny cause a song will play and nostalgia comes around saying she wants to go back.

Back
Top Bottom