Target Apologizes after naming Plus Sized Dress "Manatee Grey" Vol. Fat Chick Problems

manatee gree
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean when was the last time someone was trying to describe a grey and used "manatee" as a frame of reference

This may be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. "WE?" "Accommodating?" As if fat people shouldn't have clothes?

It's not even that. We make Plus sizes so that they can feel better about themselves. Fitting into a size large when we all know it is damn well equivalent to a size XXL or bigger. Just to make them feel better that they can fit into a "smaller" size according to the tag? Why not just leave it all as standard sizing and letting these Manatees know what size they really are

I hate when fat people feel they are discriminated against. Get in the kitchen and gym and lose some damn weight, it isn't something you can't control. As far as I am concerned, Target should troll the hell out of them an start calling their Plus size section the Manatee section.

Myspace Angle Pro. Looking like she plopped her head on the school cafeteria table waiting for that last drop of diet coke to come out of the can.

View media item 350430
View media item 350435
View media item 350438
View media item 350441
View media item 350443
Shes doesn't look that fat actually but I just need baby to show me dat body to make sure :evil:

Last edited:
there has to be a reason you can only find headshots from all degree angles I ever seen. If ol girl brings out the obtuse angle, :wow:

SM - dark heather grey
MED- dark heather grey
LRG - dark heather grey
XLRG - dark heather grey
XXLRG - manatee grey

I can see how the fatties could get mad, while looking through the racks. It's good they didn't stick with the OG colorway HIPPO grey :lol: heads at target would've been :rofl:

Last edited:
maybe there is intent and maybe there wasn't.

people crying b/c the same product has two names need to understand it's not the same product.

it's a unique completely different product.

it's not like you drop down and select XL and the name changes. more than one person could've been working on this.

and at the end of the day stop being overweight and get healthy and you don't have to worry about this.

we have to refer to them as plus size? plus what?there is nothing positive about being fat, we're not doing addition, you're fat. deal with it and if you don't like it change it.

S%^* like this annoys tf outta me . Tht trick wouldn't be complaining if she could fit in a size 6 . Maybe she should do a couple laps around target and get off twitter with her stupid nonsense . Target shouldn't change nothing

S%^* like this annoys tf outta me . Tht trick wouldn't be complaining if she could fit in a size 6 . Maybe she should do a couple laps around target and get off twitter with her stupid nonsense . Target shouldn't change nothing

Target doesn't want the Manatee sizes sitting on the racks. Why do you think people change offensive products, it's not because they care about who they offend. They need to sell it.

I hate when fat people feel they are discriminated against. Get in the kitchen and gym and lose some damn weight, it isn't something you can't control. As far as I am concerned, Target should troll the hell out of them an start calling their Plus size section the Manatee section.

Yep. Start shaming everyone, and things will change. We cave to to the lowest common denominator way too often.

maybe there is intent and maybe there wasn't.

people crying b/c the same product has two names need to understand it's not the same product.

it's a unique completely different product.

it's not like you drop down and select XL and the name changes. more than one person could've been working on this.

and at the end of the day stop being overweight and get healthy and you don't have to worry about this.

we have to refer to them as plus size? plus what?there is nothing positive about being fat, we're not doing addition, you're fat. deal with it and if you don't like it change it.

lol o really?

Back
Top Bottom