TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

Originally Posted by aaron1976

Far as owning the Black History Month AF1's.

I'm white as you get and it never has crossed my mind that I can't or won't purchase an AF1 based on the color of my skin or the background of a shoe. This goes for any type of clothing or shoes.

Maybe this isn't the best comparison but I'm sure 90% of the people in this thread have some piece of Polo or Gucci clothing or have worn it at some point in there life and aren't white.

If you are holding out on buying something based on it "Supposed" target market and background you got some issues.

Do you not buy SUPREME cause it's a skate brand?

Should I not own VIBE Awards AF1's cause I'm not black and don't rap?

I think that's problem with a big part of people these days they worry about the reaction and opinions of others. Do you, who care's at the next man's opinion.

That said I have never worn FUBU or one of those Malcolm X hat's from the 90's.

Very well stated Aaron! I do own the whole BHM set and I'm Half Black does that count? But yea thats just like saying people should'nt wear Jordansbecause it's a African-American persons shoe or Mr.Cartoon Forces if your not from Mexico!

beautiful day in nyc

2i27o75.jpg

i'm starting to really like af1s ...
tongue.gif

Wow....65,000 yen for those canvas? That's beyond OD.

Actually though....the past 2 times I used Juno's services, I'm 99% sure he shill-bid the price up to my "budget". No joke. So maybe theperson was willing to pay a good amount and the price was jacked up, because I don't see why those would end so high....one person willing to pay a lot ispossible, but a bunch of people bidding way to much on those, unlikely. Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Actually though....the past 2 times I used Juno's services, I'm 99% sure he shill-bid the price up to my "budget". No joke. So maybe the person was willing to pay a good amount and the price was jacked up, because I don't see why those would end so high....one person willing to pay a lot is possible, but a bunch of people bidding way to much on those, unlikely. Just my 2 cents.

You're definitely not alone on this. I started to suspect this aswell.

Lets continue to question this JUNO guy. I recently won a AF1 from him not too long ago. It was a pair of purple canvas high. I been after these along withorange canvas high and black teal canvas high in my size for sometime now. So I hit the guy up as they are ending real soon and I have no one else I can getthat fast to buy them for me. Now I win this auction for around 20,000yen give or take and I send payment but after a few days he tells me the shoe is badlyyellowed and if I still wanted them. It never mentioned it being yellowed or anything before this and the pictures provided in the auction weren'tyellowed. I asked if the guy could send some pictures so I could see but he said he can't which seemed a bit shady. Knowing what I was going to end uppaying with fee's I did not want yellowed shoes so I told him to give me a refund and he did.

Here is the pic from the auction.
2i091md.jpg

Now here is a pic from a auction Zhi had a few days later. I don't think it's coincidence that 2 sz 11 DS with box with pop within in days. Also afterchecking it very closely with paint or glue stains it leads me to believe both shoes are the same. I am not accusing Zhi of anything just want to make itclear. I dealt with him several times and he is a stand up guy and I have nothing but respect for him. It just doesn't seem like coincidence to me.

Btw here is the link to the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63850&item=260226389979
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63850&item=260226389979http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63850&item=260226389979

Zhi maybe you can shed some light on this by letting me know if you got them from him or even yahoo jp?

xilegacy- Thats crazy it looks like the same to me, And in zhi's auction he talks about how rare they are and what a coincidence they are the same size.

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Wow....65,000 yen for those canvas? That's beyond OD.

Actually though....the past 2 times I used Juno's services, I'm 99% sure he shill-bid the price up to my "budget". No joke. So maybe the person was willing to pay a good amount and the price was jacked up, because I don't see why those would end so high....one person willing to pay a lot is possible, but a bunch of people bidding way to much on those, unlikely. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. For some reason my "budget" is always the same as my final price.

Kev - People's Champ and I could just flip for the size 9's, word to Shu-gar.

BET. and even though that'd be GREAT for me stay safe.

anyone got any REAL heat ds sz.9 for me? i need a fix... i got alotta money i needta put towards car accident/tickets/car note/girlfriend/savings... but imfeeling weak. im limiting myself to 1 pair of extra thoed kicks a month..so far nothin.//hit me up.

hey kazi,

Sorry I'm not quite sure if my answer clears up anything but here it goes:

I don't know who juno is personally, I've only seen his name in numerous auctions, all the way from bape in the early days, to dior homme and nowrecently to Nikes, but there's no connection between me and him, never talked to the man/woman/robot/entity in my life. In fact we've clashed onseveral auctions, erupting into bid wars, which is what I meant when I said, "he should buy me dinner," since I'm assuming his commission isbased on ending price. Again, this was intended as a joke, and he's not really going to buy me a dinner. In other words, I don't shill, I just bid andif I decide it goes up too high, I just quit BUT I am completely unaware of his "buyer's budget." I'm assuming it must be high since heusually kicks my %#@ in auctions. Sometimes it just seems like a wall of money I'm going up against. If he wins, I get nada, nothing, zero, zilch, only theremorse that I should have gone out and lived life instead of sitting in front of a computer while watching reruns of Naruto Shippuuden.

In regards to the purple, I believe I've seen that pic you posted, but if I recall correctly, seller also told me there was yellowing when I asked him. Ifyou're asking if I purchased it from Juno, cleaned off the yellowing, put it on ebay, again, the answer is NO. I have never talked to Juno in my life (nordo I know how to get rid of yellowing, which a demon invented). Once an auction is won, its won, I don't go chasing after it with a fistful of yen. Justfrom our past convo's, I'm hoping you know that I would never do you like that. Had you asked me this during the eBay auction, I would have cleared allthis up in case you suspected anything.

Quick advice for everyone, if you are going to buy off yahoo ASK if there's yellowing. Just because it doesn't say, doesn't mean there is not, andsometimes its difficult to tell especially if they take pics w/ their cell phones which I would say half of all small time sellers do. And not all of the timeits their fault for not putting additional pics. There's a pic upload limit so oftentimes they can't put up a million photobuket pics ebay style.Sellers are generally more reluctant to give additional pics and rely more on verbal description. Could be shadiness, could be a cultural difference. You justgotta feel it out.

kaz hit me up via gmail if you got additional q's.

SoCAL sun makes kicks look fresher than the produce section of Whole Foods Market. Cot damn. And P.S. I accidentally bought a lot of Fubu during my highschool years. I thought it meant For U By Us, but it meant, For Us by Us. Sad time in my life, needless to say.
mad.gif

There was no shill bidding what so ever with the purple canvas lows like I said the starting bid of the winning bidder must have been at least $650 because Ibid the other $600. You can say my bid was OD but we are talking about a shoe that is 14 years old here (plus I'm a little crazy lol), its probably a goodthing that the auction ended right after my last bid as it might have gone higher. What surprises me though is the bidding mentality I mean I went into theauction thinking they would sell for $400 at the most (they ended at $380 last time they were listed) but Juno only bid once before we started bidding and wewere unable to beat the bid in time before the auction ended. This means who ever the other guy was must have went to Juno and said I'll give $650 + forthese which is kind of crazy either the buyer doesn't know the market value or has more money than sense, it certainly caught me off guard.

Great pick up GotEm4Cheap

i have talked to ty about this juno shill bid suspicion and all i can say is that i have been winning some stuff through him for well under my max bid - not asgood a before though. sometimes if i really want a shoe, i will offer some 7paul7-type money and i have pretty much always won for much less than i offered. itdoesn't mean that he doesn't shill bid but it does tone down my suspicions. i have to say though, that i rarely "win" shoes for less than$100 anymore - there has been a steady increase in the value of certain shoes (either that or juno is getting greedy). bottom line is that i do the same aswhat i do for ebay - i bid the max amount that i am comfortable with and so long as i get my shoes, i'm happy. if i offer $500 and the seller shill bids itup to $499.99 - then it's my fault for spending that much on a shoe in the first place and i am a true believer in karma and any shady practices willadversely impact the person someway, somehow. i will be doing something i should have been doing a long time ago though - i should be askingZHI for help (hint hint). if not - there is always rinkya.

r7uqme.jpg

Originally Posted by micmorales

me, if the colorway is hot and the materials used are on point...Im coppin

laugh.gif
@ Tyler...ya girl teaching u the right stuff!

thanks for the reply Zhi...my quest for 98 Zen suedes continue

few days ago

nice blk/reds

hey phattyboy - if you read a few posts back, you will get all my size 8.5 forces if i die while skydiving on saturday. i was serious though - there is adocument on my comp desktop called lastwillandtestament.docx. all the non air force 1's would be donated to niketalk. now dudes be prayin my chutedon't open
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

hey phattyboy - if you read a few posts back, you will get all my size 8.5 forces if i die while skydiving on saturday. i was serious though - there is a document on my comp desktop called lastwillandtestament.docx. all the non air force 1's would be donated to niketalk. now dudes be prayin my chute don't open
laugh.gif

just because it's on your computer doesn't make it a valid will homie... you still need to go through the formalities, which include executing thewill in the presence of 2 witnesses. without that, all your property (personal and real) will pass through intestacy, according to the hawai'ian intestacystatute. this will probably make it so that everything goes to your kids, and if you don't have kids, to your parents.

just trying to look out for you, because it seems like you really want to do this, haha.

all this law-schooling is finally paying off...

"i'm not a businessman, i'm a businessssss mannnnnnnn"

roll.gif
i knew juno was a businesssss mannnn

but o well, it's hard to find 7.5s!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom