TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

But, they're HEAT!! 
indifferent.gif

Only because they're going for 1500-2500.  If they looked the same and sold for 100, I wouldn't mess with them... unless they were 1 of 15's that is.

---

BIP, what size do you wear?

---

DeNs415, you've got mail!
I was being sarcastic if that wasn't obvious. Playing off that golfingguru dude's post.

I'm a 9 - 9.5. Will occasionally stretch to a 10 - mostly in highs or mids.

Originally Posted by p5jay2

wouldn't be a bad idea if you could get a pair and flip to get a pair of bespokes and a pair or two of some real heat from old days.
i thought about it but my spots got lineup of more people than available pairs
roll.gif
since wed afternoon.
30t6p3b.gif

I agree. However you feel about reselling - anybody willing to pay a grand for those things deserves to get got. I'd feel no guilt - it's like in prison; rapists get raped. But, I'd only do it if it was almost no effort to do so.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

But, they're HEAT!! 
indifferent.gif

Only because they're going for 1500-2500.  If they looked the same and sold for 100, I wouldn't mess with them... unless they were 1 of 15's that is.

---

BIP, what size do you wear?

---

DeNs415, you've got mail!
I was being sarcastic if that wasn't obvious. Playing off that golfingguru dude's post.

I'm a 9 - 9.5. Will occasionally stretch to a 10 - mostly in highs or mids.

Originally Posted by p5jay2

wouldn't be a bad idea if you could get a pair and flip to get a pair of bespokes and a pair or two of some real heat from old days.
i thought about it but my spots got lineup of more people than available pairs
roll.gif
since wed afternoon.
30t6p3b.gif

I agree. However you feel about reselling - anybody willing to pay a grand for those things deserves to get got. I'd feel no guilt - it's like in prison; rapists get raped. But, I'd only do it if it was almost no effort to do so.

very nice, phase2x! really like the look with the white midsole stitching. so many id selections are grouped together, it always keeps me away from doing them. hopefully the white supreme option is there for march

very nice, phase2x! really like the look with the white midsole stitching. so many id selections are grouped together, it always keeps me away from doing them. hopefully the white supreme option is there for march

nice rotation rookee

got a grail in today that i scored on the bay...last pick up till i get my income tax

1994 Black/Canyon Gold Canvas with og box/tissue/receipt from FL in a Buffalo mall!
pimp.gif
too happy right now! thanks again for the heads up BIP

nice rotation rookee

got a grail in today that i scored on the bay...last pick up till i get my income tax

1994 Black/Canyon Gold Canvas with og box/tissue/receipt from FL in a Buffalo mall!
pimp.gif
too happy right now! thanks again for the heads up BIP

Hey fellas, I've got a question I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on...

I've got a pair of White/Caro Sheeds from a while ago that are in pretty good shape but the patent leather is very dull, like it lost its luster.  I searched Google for ways to try and restore it but for every solution someone proposed it seemed like others were saying it was ultimately not good for the patent leather.  I tried "waxing" them with some Vaseline as I saw a lot of people recommended that and no one really said it would damage the shoes, but it didn't work very well and faded again after the first wear.

Do any of y'all have techniques for re-shining patent leather?  Any insight would be much appreciated.

By the way, I lurk this thread all the time and y'all have had it poppin' the last few months!

Hey fellas, I've got a question I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on...

I've got a pair of White/Caro Sheeds from a while ago that are in pretty good shape but the patent leather is very dull, like it lost its luster.  I searched Google for ways to try and restore it but for every solution someone proposed it seemed like others were saying it was ultimately not good for the patent leather.  I tried "waxing" them with some Vaseline as I saw a lot of people recommended that and no one really said it would damage the shoes, but it didn't work very well and faded again after the first wear.

Do any of y'all have techniques for re-shining patent leather?  Any insight would be much appreciated.

By the way, I lurk this thread all the time and y'all have had it poppin' the last few months!

No problem, Jae. Glad to be of help.

I love getting vintage stuff with evidence of the price at which it was last sold. I have a '95 navy canvas pair that just says $44.99 across the box. ...I wish I had the receipts for $49.99 AJ IIIs from '94 and 1/2 price Infrared VIs from 2000 to really blow these kids' minds...

MPLS - Restoration is not my strongsuit, but I don't really know of any tried and true techniques. Has anybody tried Armor All products? Funny you bring up the white patent Sheeds. I was just looking at a pair the other day and thinking to myself, how come these are perfectly pristine and the Columbia XIs are so hard to find un-yellowed?... I know we're talking a few years difference in production date, but they look like they were made decades from one another.

No problem, Jae. Glad to be of help.

I love getting vintage stuff with evidence of the price at which it was last sold. I have a '95 navy canvas pair that just says $44.99 across the box. ...I wish I had the receipts for $49.99 AJ IIIs from '94 and 1/2 price Infrared VIs from 2000 to really blow these kids' minds...

MPLS - Restoration is not my strongsuit, but I don't really know of any tried and true techniques. Has anybody tried Armor All products? Funny you bring up the white patent Sheeds. I was just looking at a pair the other day and thinking to myself, how come these are perfectly pristine and the Columbia XIs are so hard to find un-yellowed?... I know we're talking a few years difference in production date, but they look like they were made decades from one another.

jae... those look SO much cleaner in your pics than they did in the auction pics. i really should've bid on those, but i'm glad you got them, and that you're stoked about them. i've seen many size 10 pairs and a couple of 10.5 pairs of those over the years (used to own one of each, actually), but never an 11 in that condition. congrats on the score.

where the hell are my IDs.

jae... those look SO much cleaner in your pics than they did in the auction pics. i really should've bid on those, but i'm glad you got them, and that you're stoked about them. i've seen many size 10 pairs and a couple of 10.5 pairs of those over the years (used to own one of each, actually), but never an 11 in that condition. congrats on the score.

where the hell are my IDs.

I was being sarcastic as well... bad execution-
tired.gif

Damn Jae, those do look better than the pics, wish I bid now.

Got my shipping confirmation today, my ID should be here on the 1st.  Hopefully they don't get stuck in customs like last time.

I was being sarcastic as well... bad execution-
tired.gif

Damn Jae, those do look better than the pics, wish I bid now.

Got my shipping confirmation today, my ID should be here on the 1st.  Hopefully they don't get stuck in customs like last time.

thanks guys, yeah when i opend them today i thought they looked better than the auction pics, i havent cleaned em yet just took a lint brush to them

nice stashs erv

thanks guys, yeah when i opend them today i thought they looked better than the auction pics, i havent cleaned em yet just took a lint brush to them

nice stashs erv

Back
Top Bottom