TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to drop some knowledge in a non-perverted sense.

So I was marveling at how flimsy the Air Structure insoles earlier and it got me thinking "I wonder what the insoles on my Air Max Pluses are like?" I went to look at the OGs and Retros and I noticed a curious change Nike employed:
98c2545671cc752f86265d381a5e7bb46a12809.jpg

The bottom is from the OG French Blue Air Max Plus while the top is from a 2007 retro (midnight navy/tart/pro gold)

17d25366dec495d98e86a68132f932347a2982d.jpg

The bottom insole is the OG. Note that it reads "MEN'S RUNNING" while the retro has "PERFORMANCE RUNNING."

Another difference I noticed is the composition of the foam/rubber between the OG and Retro. The OG had a thicker composition, particularly in the arch:
2412578661cf5503828643c8ac9b6aded24115c.jpg

f8c15a64c3508f6397defc6ce648c71e5ca0933.jpg

I am applying the same strength to both of these and the retro insole bends more easily.

cdf15d68cb568964061cb175fa706097635e86d.jpg

f071526ccf5c846ff907e9ed56f2d14d9e84ee0.jpg

e3a351a1659dc80354f986f1692e01a807072be.jpg

The above three pics are detailing the differences in insole composition. The first and third photos above are of an insole from the Rejuvenation Pack Air MaxPlus. The middle is of the OG insole. The OGs have a more dense composition in the arch while the retros don't. And note the "PERFORMANCERUNNING" on the bottom of the retro.

And how flimsy is the Air Structure insole?
37025e8638cb35fe8296c43a6e66bb08380b6c8.jpg

Note: If you don't want the insides of your Structures to turn pink, don't wear these shoes in the rain. If you're gonna do some spot cleaning onthese with a little bit of water, take the insoles out before doing so. The infrared on the insoles bleeds easily once water is involved.

Also, people were asking about the arch supports. I have some from a size 12 Air Max 95 Neon (HOA; and no, I don't have these, I just have the box).
8502547681c3a5958526351377c86e6a3b07663.jpg

eeb15e65c6538c6bf9e819596af10e8f55a1ff5.jpg

So XL comes in yellow while L comes in red. I don't know what colors the other arches come in, though it's been mentioned one of them comes in blue(possibly the medium?).

Okay, I've spoken too much.

Raf - Killer combo!

briannnn - interesting........

Laune - I should have info. for ya tomorrow

nice customs dunks

This morning

Later...

Originally Posted by yungjojo9

Wadup Fam,

Oli, dope Persian BW's
Mr. KBiZZLe, those customs look dope
eek.gif

Guy, sorry to hear that man, ik wist niet eens dat je BMX rider was!

For today:
ded15ae7734447121503ab5599cd2ed3f46defe.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wow on the condition on them. midsoles still white and bubbles still clear. If they are a sz 9.5-10mens and u ever wanna part with them, holla!!

and feeling them custome am1 blk/purple devils, so dope

rocked my structures today (no pics sorry) to line up @ supreme to copp the new Preme X North face jacket and then it started to snowing
frown.gif
copped 3 jackets though so its all good

Originally Posted by the real gusto

and then it started to snowing
frown.gif

you in tokyo right? i was in kichijoji and i started trippin when i seen the light snowfall. totemo samui desu ne.. . .
i'll be in harajuku tomorrow - hopefully i can find supreme - right above nbhd?

SICK stuff in here
eek.gif

Space: good stuff man!

Kbizzle: nice custom purple devil AM1s.

Max: dope DWs and opiums.

Oli: killin' me with them obsidians man!

Cris: dang dude, i missed out on them shirt. are you makin' more of them in M? lemme know fam... & nicepowerwalls .

Mike: anong balita pare?

Kapepper:
eek.gif
at the vintage runners.

Raf: killer combo homie, hope i find those neon lights somewhere without dropping crazy $$.

Kevin: have fun man!, i love JP, been there once. hope i get to come back this year, wifey's fam is from Tochigipref.

a couple of picks....

grail status for me.... lace switch..watcha think fam?

good day all!!!

Originally Posted by the real gusto

Originally Posted by yungjojo9

Wadup Fam,

Oli, dope Persian BW's
Mr. KBiZZLe, those customs look dope
eek.gif

Guy, sorry to hear that man, ik wist niet eens dat je BMX rider was!

For today:
ded15ae7734447121503ab5599cd2ed3f46defe.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wow on the condition on them. midsoles still white and bubbles still clear. If they are a sz 9.5-10mens and u ever wanna part with them, holla!!

and feeling them custome am1 blk/purple devils, so dope

rocked my structures today (no pics sorry) to line up @ supreme to copp the new Preme X North face jacket and then it started to snowing
frown.gif

bubbles are mostly clear after you clean them...

its like there some sort of "condensation" on the air bubble which occurs after a few weeks with vintge nike air shoes...

also, these are a wmns colorway.... from 1992

ciaoo!

Shirt came out nice CRIS, my fav colors.
Frank still in business? I got someone interested in getting something printed.
.............Word, thanks Jimmy, yeah, Frank's still in business, new spot, almost looks the same as the old one, but a little wider, he gotthe same number, so ya can hit him up.

As of now, I got 2 XXL's left in the Neon tee........

If I get a good amount of request, I'll do another run on them, request by email only: crisuno@comcast.net, and only done on Grey tees.

Peace.

Cris.

^ Word........dope Moss' Oli......really mad for passin them up when i saw them in a local mall at that time.

Peace.

Cris.

Me and the wifey today:

Btw, Those ain't infrared's
happy.gif
Man, i regret selling my old moss 95's
tired.gif

Gusto, thanks for the compliment man, but those are a wmms size 12.

Sup_
Originally Posted by crisone

Shirt came out nice CRIS, my fav colors.
Frank still in business? I got someone interested in getting something printed.
.............Word, thanks Jimmy, yeah, Frank's still in business, new spot, almost looks the same as the old one, but a little wider, he got the same number, so ya can hit him up.

laugh.gif
Thats funny. But dope at the same time. Good ol Frank. Thanks forthe heads up. Ill hit him up for sure.

Peace.

finally picked up a pair of structures!! for retail! haha. i like how seattle was one of the first places in the US to get them
smile.gif

my only pic of them
tongue.gif

xnt1g0.jpg

What's up with Fam?

My computer has been acting a fool wit it, for the last 36 hrs
mad.gif
. Rockedthese to the hospital yesterday to visit my Dad. He's gonna be alright, just a wake up call on many different levels.
2akl7o9.jpg

Dunksrnice- I am not ordinarily a fan of customs, but yours are a different story.

Karl - Good +*@%!
Chris - Those 90s
pimp.gif

Bonus pic
aa348.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom