TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by denverairforce

aww too bad about the grey ones... hmm I wonder if we should expand our system to include our max bids or something to that effect? maybe that's going too far/getting too personal with it, I dunno. almost like we'd be having our own auction to see who can bid on the auction, haha. just a thought... can't wait to see those icy red bursts Andrew!
I was already thinking that Brian.........I think that's a great idea! With our internal "heads-ups" about what we're gonna bidon why not include what we're willing to go upto. If someone else is gonna go higher then wonderful. It's clear, and everyone's good. I feellike absolute garbage that Mayhem would have bid on em.
tired.gif

It's a new system......we'll perfect it. Live and learn I guess. Guess I underestimated what those were worth.
Ya, can't wait for the Bursts.....and to see your pick-ups! Hopefully I'll have another update in a few hours. Wish me luck!

-Andrew-

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

it's all good Drew.....something told me to mention that i had been hunting those for a while too, in the endit's for the best cause that size 13 would have been crazy on my feet....although i still would have done it up with 3-4 insoles just to have those, but usaved me from a impatient impulse purchase
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

i do hope u get the other ones ur after as well
wink.gif

so no size 13 fam snagged those beauts? Jake? B? Shaun?
nerd.gif

Denver - i like that idea as well, it's not too personal to me. btw....sent u a pm to add some names to the list.

some "spy shots" of some 2010 samples were posted in retro....take a look

http://niketalk.com/topic/220557/master/1/?page=1

How often do you guys end up paying $30 shipping from HongKong/Taiwan on the auction site from these stores. It seems like all I've really liked lately aresome of those releases that I can't seem to find anywhere else? I always end up telling myself to wait it out this and that. The total price don'tbother me....it's the dam $30 for shipping that bothers me haha.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

it's all good Drew.....something told me to mention that i had been hunting those for a while too, in the end it's for the best cause that size 13 would have been crazy on my feet....although i still would have done it up with 3-4 insoles just to have those, but u saved me from a impatient impulse purchase
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

i do hope u get the other ones ur after as well
wink.gif

so no size 13 fam snagged those beauts? Jake? B? Shaun?
nerd.gif

Denver - i like that idea as well, it's not too personal to me. btw....sent u a pm to add some names to the list.

some "spy shots" of some 2010 samples were posted in retro....take a look

http://niketalk.com/topic/220557/master/1/?page=1
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

1ac254f66bc225da8bd648d04f34baa61cec2f3.jpg

Originally Posted by zmdawg

How often do you guys end up paying $30 shipping from HongKong/Taiwan on the auction site from these stores. It seems like all I've really liked lately are some of those releases that I can't seem to find anywhere else? I always end up telling myself to wait it out this and that. The total price don't bother me....it's the dam $30 for shipping that bothers me haha.
Don't let it get to ya. That's just what it costs, at least! I shipped two pairs internationally today....$38, and $40. It is what itis.
Don't think the seller is trying to make money there. It's just not cheap....plain and simple. Hope that helps.

Mayhem....you always have the best gifs. Hilarious. Check your inbox. PM sent.

^ Agreed, that's the normal rate these days for shipping overseas. It's really not that bad, Ive paid that fee a couple of times and recieved packagesfaster than US Priority mail. Now if it was some seller in the states only shipping within the US....total different story.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Parra Friends&Family....good luck with finding those babies
that's like music to my ears. I love hunting for sneakers. And the hunt begins...

Not now because I'm broke
mad.gif

How often do you guys end up paying $30 shipping from HongKong/Taiwan on the auction site from these stores. It seems like all I've really liked lately are some of those releases that I can't seem to find anywhere else? I always end up telling myself to wait it out this and that. The total price don't bother me....it's the dam $30 for shipping that bothers me haha.
The standard shipping rate from Hong Kong to the US is roughly $30. You can view the shipping rates through HongKongPost.com.

Here is a direct link: http://www.hongkongpost.c...s/parcel/air/index.htm#u

itsmedallas wrote:

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Parra Friends&Family....good luck with finding those babies
that's like music to my ears. I love hunting for sneakers. And the hunt begins...

Not now because I'm broke
mad.gif

you and me both, had to settle for these and the green.....very impressed with the quality/denim/corduroy

So many dope 87's in the last few pages.
Dope safari's, west's, urawa's, parra's and patta's and etc! 87's are my personal favorite am's of all time...

God Damn It!!! That really ruins my day.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Had a $100 cushion between the current bid and my max bid with a minute to go......and still got out bid. At least it wasn't by a dollar or two.

Guess I need some Vio's size 11.5 or 12. Anyone?
nerd.gif

Haven't been this bummed about losin out on a shoe in a loooooong time. Mayhem, I'm sure you have an appropriate gif....

I may have been irritated if I had paid $700+ as well though. Who knows.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

Honestly, I think AM's are the only shoes that can reincarnate my love for sneakers.

Seriously!! Every now and then I reach a moment where I just wanna say Fu^k it!!!!
Check this thread on the regular and the good-natured people in here, the quickness to help oneanother out will no doubt reaffirm your love / faith in thehobby.

You'll never see the typical post that you see freakin EVERYWHERE: "Yo, copped these from my spot!!"

Instead, you'll see: "FAM, grabbed these Air Max XXX's from (insert sneaker store here), and they take phone orders. Here's the phone # 555.123.5555!!"
or, "If you need a pair hit me up....glad to pick em up for ya, at my cost."

Don't let it get to ya. That's just what it costs, at least! I shipped two pairs internationally today....$38, and $40. It is what it is.
Don't think the seller is trying to make money there. It's just not cheap....plain and simple. Hope that helps.

Mayhem....you always have the best gifs. Hilarious. Check your inbox. PM sent.

Yeah it's not that I thought they were making profit off of the rate it was more like......maybe I'll wait around and find'em stateside somehow asI've never really dealt with Euro/Asia releases. I suppose it's normal to come about these colorways in this manner or through a contact. Once theholidays are over and new year starts I'll know where I'm at as far as shoes and money go and I'm starting school again in Spring after a good 5year hiatus haha. I just want to stay in check and not unload on 50 pairs all at once and make sure I got a reason to purchase other than other peopleshype/popularity. Gonna stop at Undefeated tomorrow to find out about the Pattas hopefully. I gotta say I like those maroon Parra's the most.....then thegreens/purples/and the blue ones that released sooo we'll see.

Some nice pickups fellas
pimp.gif

Pretty bummed, got my AM2's I was waiting on in the mail today and they were way more beat than they looked in the pics I was provided. They had hairlinecracks already around the bubbles and are definitely not wearable
frown.gif
. Gonna try to get a refund and I didn't pay very much to start with, but I was pumped about getting them. Sucks. I've gotten spoiled, I've beenreally lucky with vintage pickups as far as condition/wearability up to this point.

Also got my package with some blue hoa 87s for the Mrs. They were in nice condition and are drying after a clean-up. Really makes me wish I had a pair, shapeand materials are really nice. Which leads me to my question..................I really want to get a solid pair of 87s, would you go for the Green Pattas orthe blue HOAs (theoretically, if both could be found)?
nerd.gif

On a big-time positive note, I did get a little something from the Dept. of the Treasury today:

Buying a house FTW!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Also got my package with some blue hoa 87s for the Mrs. They were in nice condition and are drying after a clean-up. Really makes me wish I had a pair, shape and materials are really nice. Which leads me to my question..................I really want to get a solid pair of 87s, would you go for the Green Pattas or the blue HOAs (theoretically, if both could be found)?
nerd.gif
Tough call... For me I'd get the Pattas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom