Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey stem cell 00, I'm going to that Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival and Black Dahlia Murder is going to be there can you recommend anything to listen tofrom them. I'd really appreciate it. Anyway I can't wait for next week, i'm gonna go see Saxon, Queensryche and Dangerous Toys at the South TexasRock Festival. Saxon is going to be awesome, they can still put on a show from the videos i've seen but I've never seen them in person so its going tobe great and I'm just glad they choose my city out of the three they choose to tour in the states and Queensryche never disappoints are you going to checkthem out yeahitsRUST, I heard they are going around your way?

Jammed out to:

Saxon- Power and the Glory, Strong Arm of the Law
Queensryche- Rage for Order, The Warning
Judas Priest- British Steel

Hi BCF06!

I recommend :
Nocturnal; Everything went black and what a horrible night to have a curse
Miasma; Statutory ape, a vulgar picture and miasma
Unhallowed; Funeral thirst and contagion.
pimp.gif

uggggh

no nhl and nba today ftl

anywho

dark tranquility - character
in flames - colony
skid row - skid row

nice

lakers win. celtics lose. red wings win
pimp.gif

as i lay dying
carcass
sonic syndicate (old)
ministry

Props to Physicx for keepin this thread going. I haven't posted in a while cause of getting ready for fall and summer classes its crazy deciding what totake and making sure it fits your schedule. Any way jammed out to

Soulfly
Superjoint Ritual
White Zombie
Korn (Yeah I jam out to them every now and then)

^^thats crazy

i just watched that south park episode with korn literally 5 minutes ago
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

^^thats crazy

i just watched that south park episode with korn literally 5 minutes ago
laugh.gif
No kidding, I was just in that mood. I used to jam out to them back in the days and it just brought back old memories. They would put on quite acool concert but I know what episode your talking about. I'm not a fan of Radiohead but I dig that episode it was hilarious. By the way thanks for thesuggestions stem cell.

Mannnnn finals are done. School is done. Im ready for summer. Glad to see some new people posting...

Today

As I Lay Dying
Apocalyptica
Symphony X
Iron Maiden

Thank god this semester is over. It has been the worst of my 2 year college career...

^^ i feel you on that one i need to study more

but anyways today/night

Kill Em All
pimp.gif

Iron maiden

This school year was crazy but I've had crazier ones. I'm glad I finished two weeks ago but I need to take a summer class so that sucks. How did yourgrades come out Rust.

Metallica- Reload
Iron Maiden- No Prayer for the dying
Judas Priest- Screaming for Vengeance
Testament- The legacy

Originally Posted by northparkblind

am i the only one who hates metallica?

*** Puts on flame suit***
Probably not man but I won't flame you because everyone has their own taste but there are a lot out there. I've always liked thembecause that was the first group I heard when I was 2. My uncle would blast on One and I would headbang to it so I will always have love for them. They arenot my favorite group but one of my tops. I'm more into their earlier stuff but every now and then I'll jam out to load, reload, or their garage days. The ones I don't listen to are the black album and st anger. I've heard the whole albums but I just can't get into them. There are a lot ofmajor groups I hate but its all good. To each its own.
By the way out of curiosity why do you hate them?

Im not a huge fan of metallica. Besides their first couple records I dont listen to them at all.

BCF -- Grades are hopefully ok. I know in my statics class the final was make or break lol. And Calc III (which is my second time around) I had a B- and I hopethat I got a good enough grade on the final to get a C at the very least. Oh well, we will see soon enough. Im glad summer time is here!!!

Today

Pierce The Veil
Before Today
Early Times

Damn Rust I didn't know you didn't like Metallica and their first records are awesome but its all good. Anyway I did pretty good in school which Ididn't think I was. I got an A in World Geography, a B in Business Calculus (almost an A but the professor was being a punk), and a B in Earth Science.

had you asked me a few years back, i would have said i hated metallica

then i finally gave ride the lightning a full listen, and i was hooked. i dont listen to them as much as other bands, but i certainly consider them one of thegreats. i still prefer megadeth though. not saying they are better than metallica, but its all about personal preference right? pretty much, metallica is
pimp.gif

yall are scaring me. i dont go to college until september. im pretty anxious

anywho

children of bodom
kalmah
mors principium est

Physicx -- It all depends on your major my man. I know people who are communications/psychology majors who do absolutely zero school work. And then I knowpeople (aka myself) who study all the time and barely scrape by. Im a Civil Engineering Major myself, I wish I had changed it to something that interested methough. I just did Civil Eng. on my parents suggestion and the fact that once you get your degree you make bank. But I already hate it and im not evengraduated. I recommend doing something you like, even if you wont get paid as much lol.

BCF -- I can dig Metallica, but they are by no means in my top 5 or even 10. They definitely broke Metal music to the masses, which is sweet. I wish IronMaiden got more rep because they deserve it, not saying metallica doesnt lol

Hey Rust you speak the truth on both responses. Listen to him Physicx my major is finance and its tough I get A's and B's but mostly B's and a lotof my friends are either Education majors or Psychology majors and they don't have to really study as hard as I do and they slack off big time especiallythose Education majors. Do something you enjoy because it comes easier to you. I wish I could have majored in music so I could work in a studio or for arecord label but its already to late for that I would literally have to start over again but I don't think Finance is all that bad its just competitive andvery detailed. You'll do fine though man just don't slack off that first year cause thats what I did. I took my highschool habits to college andended up with C's and C's are not a good thing like they were in highschool. I'm bustin my butt now trying to get my GPA higher because of thosestupid C's.

As for the Metallica response I feel the same way only they are one of my tops. Not top 5 but top 10. I get in this argument with my uncle because he tellsme they are the kings of metal and that really gets me
mad.gif
. It makes me notlike them for a while but I'm pretty good at stating good arguments of why I think Maiden is better. And as for Phsyicx having Megadeth over MetallicaI'm right there with you man. Like I said I always have love for Metallica but when I heard Megadeth I literally wanted to buy a guitar and a Jackson KingV at that. As for Maiden I've always felt they never got the credit they deserved because you don't hear their music on the radio as much asmetallicas but a lot of people are starting to know who Maiden is now. They are just barely starting to get noticed a lot more than before even though thelack of radio play they get. I get the same feeling with King Diamond. The dude is a beast and his guitarists as well. I just wish he would get morerecognized for the stuff he's done cause he's put out some crazy albums that I think people need to hear. I have a feeling this dude won't getrecognized until he dies. He should also consider making movies of his stories.

Had to make a seperate post but I'm going to see Saxon tomorrow and Queensryche Saturday. Those should be some insane concerts. But I'll post concertreviews and a shirt pic if I get one. Saxon is another big time underrated group. I got pissed when I heard their latest album Into the Labyrinth only sold1000 copies its first week here in the U.S. Which is why they are only touring like 5 cities here in the states I'm just glad my city was one of them. Butthese guys are almost as big as Priest and Maiden out in Europe. Anyway I'll be back to post soon.

^awesome. i never really listened to queensryche until i came here and saw you post them pretty often. ill give saxon a listen too. man, so many bands outthere i dont know much about...

ive been giving operation: mindcrime some rotation lately and its pretty dope. got anything else i should check out?

but anyways, for today

queensryche - operation: mindcrime
skyfire - new song 'esoteric' is @*#$+$+ awesome. i dont know if anyone here has heard of these guys, but give this band a listen of youre into stufflike dark tranquility and early children of bodom. rust, youll prolly like it judging by what ive seen you post. cant wait for the new album after hearing thistrack
eluveitie - slania

Back
Top Bottom