Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention the covers. That would probably be my favorite part of Retribution. They cover an extremely underrated Death song (Lack of Comprehension), one of my favorite Morbid Angel tunes (God of Emptiness), and my favorite Suffocation song ever (Synthetically Revived). All of them are absolutely spot on! I love when bands stay true to the song, but make it their own. That is the mark of a truly great cover.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

^^ LOL at the initiation enforcement. Its kind of a big deal SPIKE.

Yea buddy! Im pretty stoked to hear about the Maiden Tour. I thought the last time was going to be it for Maiden state side.

Today:
A Day To Remember
The Devil Wears Prada
Iron Maiden
Falconer
I think you misheard Rust.  From what I know the last tour they were on they mentioned that that was it for a few of the songs on the setlist but I never heard or remember them saying they wouldn't return.  There is plenty of dough to be made on tours here.  Especiall for how big they have gotten over the years.

^^ That could be it. For some reason I had it in my head that they were going to hang up the horns and call it retirement. But either way, Im glad theyre going to be back again. Any word on the presale tickets for fans? How do they usually do it? Promo codes?

It depends Rust. For Metallica my friend had told me that you literally had to be a fanclub member to be guaranteed presale and it was true. Also since this a paperless ticket (which kind of sucks) I don't want to take the chance that there is no passwords available unless your a fanclub member. I just joined the Iron Maiden Fan Club today. It cost me $15 bucks and some change for the online package only. But I had to do it because I want those pit tickets. Being in the seats sucks. Been chatting it up in the Maiden Forums for more info.

I also think that they usually have a promo code for a radiostation for the Friday before the General Public sale. Its just to soon to say as our tickets don't go on sale until next week. Physicx your presale starts tomorrow so you might want to get your fan club today. Unless your ok with regular seats.

^thanks. i hope i wake up early enough tomorrow to catch it. *%$*, ima try and get it right when the clock hits 10 pst (whatever that is in mst :s)

matt - ive heard a ton of scenarios for wintersun not coming out. from jari completing the album then deleting EVERYTHING and start from scratch being the perfectionist he is to not having enough ram to finish the project
laugh.gif
anyways, im gonna have to check up on that obscura seeing how high you are on it. i enjoyed cosmogenesis and its a treat that another album was released just one year later.

edit- oh and the bodom album isnt coming out this year. henkka said so on cobhc
frown.gif

i talked to roope last year and although i couldnt understand 3/4th of the words that were coming out of his mouth (drunk + horrible accent) he said that a new sinergy albums is not happening. they are too busy. also an insider on the bodom forum confirmed that and said they are gonna use all the good stuff written for sinergy and use it for the new bodom album which i good cause sinergy is melodic as ****
pimp.gif

and i hope they confirm for wacken this year. that would make my life complete

anyways, went to the rip concert on sunday. if you dont feel like reading, at least read the last paragraph
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
it was pretty wicked. i was soooo confused cause there were reports of exodus not playing in our city and calgary bt they were on the poster. well, they did show up and i wasnt the only one confused.

i sat in the stands the entire time and i had a pretty good spot. i didnt mind not being on the floor cause ive already seen megadeth like 3 times before.

exodus killed it. they had a fair sized pit and a wall of death. they were fast and heavy but i couldnt hear the vocals very well. not that he is a bad vocalist, but the sound seemed a little off.

next was testament. what more do you expect? they played the legacy album in its entirety. halfway through the first song the vocals were adjusted and you could hear chuck billy PERFECTLY. pretty energetic performance but not quite on the level of exodus.

next was megadeth. what more can you expect. first time hearing 5 magics, poison was the cure, dawn patrol and rip polaris so that was pretty cool. this is like the only time i wished a band played more newer stuff too lol

all in all a solid night and we were out by 11pm. my brother brought his best friend who has never been to a metal show before and went down to the pit for megadeth while spending exodus and testament with me in the stands. shirts were od expensive (40 bucks
sick.gif
) but i got a couple. the exodus merch sucked but they showed up at the merch booth to sign auto's after testament. nice gesture

oh and my friend won a meet and greet with megadeth before the show. he was telling me after that dave was a +#*! like always though lol. his guest who he brought along asked dave a question then dave said, "hey chris, this kid's got a question for you" then walked away
laugh.gif
smh.gif
chris was apparently really cool though and used my buddy's custom pick with his band name on it and put one on his mic stand for the show
pimp.gif

Wanted to see this tour but Maiden and my sister wanting to see Flyleaf and Five Finger Death Suck have prevented me from doing so. Dave sucks. Thats one person I would never want to meet. Why have Meet N Greets if you don't even want to talk to people.

^i know right, but dave is dave. one hell of a musician with one hell of an ego...

but i was on the forum jsut now for maiden...this fttb *#%* is stupid...seriously. there are so many problems with this, especially when you are bringing in friends...

I know bro. Right now I have a big headache being on that forum. I had to get off because there is too much going on. Some people make things seem harder than they actually are. This thing with the FTTB sucks because I like to get my T-shirt first and then something to drink then I head inside anyway I always at least manage to get behind the barrier. Good luck on your tickets tomorrow I hope you get what you want. I want those pit tickets badly. Let us know how it went and what you get. Plus dude these lines are going to be long. I once saw on the news when Miley Cyrus came they had to do these paperless tickets and it took a while to get in because of the verification. I hope i get picked for this FTTB so I don't have to wait like everyone else.

exactly, this paperless thing is ridiculous

what i got from the forums:

-you can only buy 4 tickets max
-you pick up the tickets at the venue by presenting the cc and govt id
-noone can be late otherwise youre not getting in. everyone has to enter with cardholder at the same time
-only imfc members can enter fttb
-if you get chosen you can bring 1 guest

but if you buy 4 tickets and win fttb, how the @#*! are the other 2 gonna get in since they HAVE to enter with the cardholder?
indifferent.gif

that forum is giving me a headache too, holy friggin crap its a pain in the butt

i think everyone on the forum made it seem harder than it actually is lol

just make sure you select GA when selecting which tickets you want. if you choose 'best available' theyre gonna give you *@#! (thats what ive been told anyways on the forum)

just got my tickets. real fast as long as you have a ticketmaster acct w/ your cc info. i was done in like 30 seconds, literally. went back to do a test run after i bought and there werent any pit tickets left
eek.gif

good luck to you guys on your transactions. hopefully they go as smoothly as mine

but still, %%+@ the iron maiden fan club...christ....

edit - i take that back, %$!! ticketmaster...*****

looks like i lucked out. according to the forums noone was able to get floor tickets for the edmonton show. i guess theyre releasing them in small batches but still
eek.gif

im guessing its cause we have the only show in alberta so dudes in calgary and stuff were also trying to get tickets

anyways, enough w/ the maiden ticket sales for now, +!$% gives me a headache
laugh.gif

today,

be'lakor - i realize that this is supposed to be one of the better melodeath albums in recent years but i wish it was faster
destroyer 666 - are they racist? had anyone heard of the incident w/ blasphemy? if so, then theyre the only ns/racist band i will ever listen to just cause their level of awesomeness is through the roof. still kinda weird though seeing how im asian...

How is the new Destroyer 666 record? Ive heard mixed reviews from a couple of people I know...

The dopey part of the venue theyre playing at in Socal is that there is no pit. Which sucks cause I wasnt able to get floor tickets last time I saw maiden. J1Goku its been years since ive been to San Bernardino, there is only seats right?

What time did you get your tickets Physicx so I can be prepared for next week. I'll be on the computer all day till I get the pit tickets.

its funny, cause everywhere i looked it said presale starts at 10am

so im sitting in front of my computer at 9:57 watching as every minute goes by. +!$% took forever so i threw on some bodom to break the tension
laugh.gif

so the clock hits 10:00am exactly and i hit refresh. nothing. refresh. nothing. ref...you get the picture. i was clicking like a madman i tell ya
laugh.gif

look at the column on the side of the tm website and it says presale starts at 11 mst
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

so i did the same thing at 11am and had my code ready. that was it. i think it would be easier for your city though. people on the forum waited till 11:01am for edmonton and got seats in the 200 section. people at 11:03 got nosebleeds. i JUST checked the vancouver pre-sale and there are STLL pit tickets for them
eek.gif
same for saskatoon. look for yourself then check edmonton...ridiculous...

and rust the newest d666 was in my top 10 last year. ill admit, its not quite cold steel or phoenix rising but a great record nonetheless

Damn bro. I've never had problem with pit tickets here but it must just be a problem with Edmonton. Some dudes are even settling for nosebleeds. Forget that I'm staying on the comp until I get them. Anyway glad you got your tickets man. I was the same for when Metallica came. I had four classes in the morning and skipped my second class just to speed home and get good tickets. Thank goodnes I live 5 minutes away from school. Also next week is spring break I'm off from work and from school so I'll be right home when its time. It might be a bad thing too because everyone else has spring break too.

i would never settle for nosebleeds. the guys who did this was prolly their first time buying tickets and didnt know that tickets are released in batches

that or the sunk cost fallacy: "i spent 15 bucks on this imfc membership...i pretty much have to use it...*purchases crappy seats for the sake of purchasing seats*"

i would of waited for tomorrow morning or tried the public presale through livenation rather than settle for nosebleeds. i bet they will try that and find better seats but panic cause they already bought tickets and cant sell them since theyre paperless
ohwell.gif

They are a funny group man. I'm also reading about some people not getting pit tickets because they get bumped and don't like it. They say you can't see anything either. I swear I've been in the roughest pits and it was all good I could still see. Thats that I'm 5'7 125 pounds.

Dude as little as I'am I couldn't be anywhere else. The thing about being short is people around you look out for you.

i think im shorter than all you dudes. the first time i was in a pit i almost *#$@+!$ died
laugh.gif

but i realized that if you cant see, THEN MOVE. everyone is pushing anyways so nobody's gonna give a %++%. some guys are too sensitive, what the hell do you expect at a metal concert

thats true about being short though bcf. my friend at behemoth kicked the crap out of anyone (not literally, more like toss them around
laugh.gif
) who tried to be slick and move in front of me

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

How is the new Destroyer 666 record? Ive heard mixed reviews from a couple of people I know...

The dopey part of the venue theyre playing at in Socal is that there is no pit. Which sucks cause I wasnt able to get floor tickets last time I saw maiden. J1Goku its been years since ive been to San Bernardino, there is only seats right?
theres a small pit in front. it used to be tiny. but the last time i went (Rock the Bells Wu/Rage) they made it bigger but i still consider it small. i dont know if its changed since then but if hasnt pit tickets will go fast. as they do with any show held and an "amphitheater". if the show were at an arena like the forum or staples then pre sale or not floor tickets are easy to get. sucks they didnt choose one of those venues.

Back
Top Bottom