Teen denied heart transplant due to bad grades and trouble with the law according to family

Just actually read that Twitter screen cap
laugh.gif

That girl thought she was civil rights status making points and the reporter just shut her mouth for ever with that second pic
roll.gif
I personally think the original shirtless pic was to show the scar from the transplant, proving that it was him.

But how a shirtless pic offensive to begin with, is what baffles me. Then she got hit with the ether she was asking for.
Character assassination, although in this case it's damn near the opposite. I've seen other pics. She really posted one of the best simply by not posting one of him holding a gun
laugh.gif

Just actually read that Twitter screen cap
laugh.gif

That girl thought she was civil rights status making points and the reporter just shut her mouth for ever with that second pic
roll.gif

I personally think the original shirtless pic was to show the scar from the transplant, proving that it was him.

But how a shirtless pic offensive to begin with, is what baffles me. Then she got hit with the ether she was asking for.
Character assassination, although in this case it's damn near the opposite. I've seen other pics. She really posted one of the best simply by not posting one of him holding a gun
laugh.gif
I understand that aspect, and have seen it done.

But like you said, in this case it was the opposite. A simple selfie without a shirt, and people claiming character assasination was an incredible reach is what I'm saying. Like is his body offensive or something? Does shirtless imply anything at all?

I don't understand.
It's just that it's a common tactic. White people get professional headshots shown and black people get mugshots or grainy instagram/facebook pictures with our shirts off and our tattoos showing as if to say, "Look at the ****** in his natural state. A savage without a shirt." Just in this case there was no real character to assassinate.

What about Steve Jobs? He basically doomed himself by not following doctors orders

He thought he could cure cancer with alternative medicines, then used his money to skip the line for a transplant, only to end up dead couple years later.

Now there is word Cook offered him a transplant and he said no. :smh:

Soooooooooo, lets not act like knuckleheads only come in one package

An argument can be made a liver was wasted on Steve Jobs, one he didn't deserve because of his foolish mistakes in the past
how are you comparing this waste of human filth to steve jobs :lol:

he was doing something positive in his life while making questionable choices with his body

this idiot was out robbing cars and shooting people

stop defending the idiot 

:smh: :lol:

Where I'm I defending the kid's actions again? Or comparing his contributions to society to Jobs'. Please point that out to me.

-I said the same argument could be made about Jobs transplant and the ole boy's transplant, not his damb life.

Jobs didn't follow doctors orders, and when it bit him in the *** he used what resources he had to skip the line. Someone else waiting on a liver could've died because of Job's actions

A liver was wasted on Jobs because he was too arrogant to follow orders, and he could've gotten one from his friend and turned that down too.

My point was most people ignored Jobs' idiotic decision that ended up in a wasted organ. So lets act like it is black and white with this "rules are rules, the hospital knew" steez because when someone we liked gamed the system. No one had a problem

Last edited:
I wont say he deserved to die, but in now way shape of form I feel sorry the kid dying. ungrateful kid never deserved that heart.

Whatever man :rolleyes

This just proves dude was a knucklehead, doesn't mean he shouldn't have gotten the heart.

Knucklehead?

Smoking weed, drinking, not doing work, staying out past curfew is knucklehead behavior.

Attemped strong arm robbery, breaking and entering, shooting at a civillian, high speed chase is far from knucklehead behavior.

But he's dead now.

Whatever man :rolleyes

This just proves dude was a knucklehead, doesn't mean he shouldn't have gotten the heart.

Knucklehead?

Smoking weed, drinking, not doing work, staying out past curfew is knucklehead behavior.

Attemped strong arm robbery, breaking and entering, shooting at a civillian, high speed chase is far from knucklehead behavior.

But he's dead now.

So you just want to argue semantics now?

For years on NT I have used knucklehead to describe someone who engages in idiotic behavior. Criminal or otherwise.

Last edited:
Meh at the character assassination claim. It's one thing to dig deep to find some dirt on a kid. It's another to just open his Facebook page and just copy paste his PROFILE PIC :lol:

Last edited:

For years on NT I have used knucklehead to describe someone how engages in idiotic. Criminal or otherwise.
Understandable but I can see how some people could take that word and not agree with the way you use it tho. Either way rock on pa

Meh at the character assassination claim. It's one thing to dig deep to find some dirt on a kid. It's anither to just open his Facebook game and just copy paste his PROFILE PIC :lol:
word ole girl really thought she was on to something :lol:

Last edited:

For years on NT I have used knucklehead to describe someone who engages in idiotic behavior. Criminal or otherwise.

ahhh the "this JUST proves" part clearly was the qualifier to downgrade his behavior especially after receiving the transplant

As sad as it is, you aren't owed a donor organ cuz you're sick.

This whole no evidence that he would follow the rules and take his meds seem flimsy. Where is the evidence that he wouldn't? What is a history of non-compliance in this situation? Is a diagnosis guaranteeing he'd sabotage the procedure to stay alive?

As sad as it is, you aren't owed a donor organ cuz you're sick.

This whole no evidence that he would follow the rules and take his meds seem flimsy. Where is the evidence that he wouldn't? What is a history of non-compliance in this situation? Is a diagnosis guaranteeing he'd sabotage the procedure to stay alive?
lolwut?

You ever heard of HIPPA? We're not sure what made him non-compliant, but a reasonable guess would be he had a history of not taking medication and not going to his check-ups.

There are certain criteria you must meet in order to be an organ recipient. For one reason or another, this kid didn't meet those criteria.

We are human we always don't do what other's think we should do but who are you to say who's worthy of anything?Here's my homie **** Cheney you can't tell me he hasn't done dirt.
View media item 1477070

Last edited:
Why is this even a thread still? He was deemed noncompliant, whatever that may be(he'll be protected by patient confidentiality), and he should have never gotten the transplant in the first place. I've had to tell patients(of ALL COLORS) that had followed the rules to a T but slipped up once that they're denied organs ...and as much as it sucks you have to just go by the rules. They're strict, they're specific, and there are a lot of them, but rules are rules and if your life is dependent on it, you better follow the damn rules. If not there are plenty of other patients who actually give a damn about their lives and will do anything they can to get those organs. 

Is that to say that these other patients are more deserving? No, but it's as simple as following the rules to save your life, that's it. Color has nothing to do with it. His parents just decided to go the media and blow it out of proportion for things like grades(which is ridiculous) and make it seem way more far fetched than it really is. 

It's a shame that this is how the story ended, and it seems like the organ was wasted, but that's how it goes sometimes and he probably should have been left off the list in the first place.

@UTVOL23  has said it well plenty of times, and he's an actual physician(rads if I'm not mistaken?). 

Why is this even a thread still? He was deemed noncompliant, whatever that may be(he'll be protected by patient confidentiality), and he should have never gotten the transplant in the first place. I've had to tell patients(of ALL COLORS) that had followed the rules to a T but slipped up once that they're denied organs ...and as much as it sucks you have to just go by the rules. They're strict, they're specific, and there are a lot of them, but rules are rules and if your life is dependent on it, you better follow the damn rules. If not there are plenty of other patients who actually give a damn about their lives and will do anything they can to get those organs. 

Is that to say that these other patients are more deserving? No, but it's as simple as following the rules to save your life, that's it. Color has nothing to do with it. His parents just decided to go the media and blow it out of proportion for things like grades(which is ridiculous) and make it seem way more far fetched than it really is. 

It's a shame that this is how the story ended, and it seems like the organ was wasted, but that's how it goes sometimes and he probably should have been left off the list in the first place.

@UTVOL23
 has said it well plenty of times, and he's an actual physician(rads if I'm not mistaken?). 

I agree. Like stated above many things can take you off the list. If you smoke it significantly increases your risk of transplant failure even for other surgeries it causes increased risks of wound complications because it has deleterious effects on the vasculature and the ability of the vessels and tissues to heal, also not taking your meds can significantly increase your risk of rejection probably the reason he was taken off the list and obviously if you drink you cant be on a liver transplant list. Just some examples there are many other even stricter criteria.

If the situation were that there were plenty of hearts to go around sure give him a transplant but when there are other kids on the list who will die waiting on the list when they could of used that heart it is just so disappointing to me. I wish that the heart would have been his wake up call.

Back
Top Bottom