Texas Tech suspends Mike Leach indefinitely

Texas Tech suspends Mike Leach indefinitely

LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech coach Mike Leach has been suspended while the school investigates complaints from a player and his family about treatment after an injury.

The school said in a news release today that defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeil will be the interim coach and lead the team in the Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2 against Michigan State.

McNeil will remain in charge of the team until the investigation is complete.

The Red Raiders went 8-4 this season.

Leach did not immediately returned a call nor a text message seeking comment. A message left on McNeill's cell phone was not immediately returned.

There's been internal strife this season with the Red Raiders, and Leach has resorted to some tongue-lashing.

He chastised players after a loss to Texas A&M in October for listening to "their fat little girlfriends," and thinking the Aggies were a pushover. And after the Red Raiders lost at then-No. 12 Houston in September, Leach suspended indefinitely starting offensive lineman Brandon Carter for violating team rules.

The loss to the Cougars was the second straight for the Red Raiders, who had fallen, 34-24, at No. 2 Texas in an early Big 12 matchup. This season is the first since 2002 - Leach's third season - that the Red Raiders dropped two of their first four games.

That same week, Leach banned his players from having Twitter pages after linebacker Marlon Williams asked on his account why he was still in a meeting room when "the head coach can't even be on time."

Mutiny.

Leach shoulda cashed out last yr when he was the "it" guy.

He will never be as hot as he was last season.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mutiny.

Yep... I love dude, and honestly he's PERFECT for that program, but the admin out in Lubbock cannot stand dude and he had to know they wouldbe looking for any and every reason to put his $++ on the line from here on out...

Cannot for the life of me understand why they are so god damn desperate to push dude out... He's THE reason they're relevant and they think someonelike Ruffin McNeill is gonna keep that thing going like it has been? *shrugs*
ESPN saying he locked a dude in a equipment closet for hours.

Just seen that... If that's true they gotta can him...

ESPN saying he locked a dude in a equipment closet for hours.

C'mon man...you serious?

Dude has got to be fired if all that is true...

Apparently it was Craig James son he locked up, and it wasn't a closet, it was one of those storage bins.

There's a link in the CFB thread.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ this entire situation.

He's done though.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mutiny.

He will never be as hot as he was last season.

smh.gif
Same thing I told one of my boys when the story broke on ESPN.

http://deadspin.com/5435755/mike-leach-suspended-indefinitely-update

Mike Leach is a chicken sh*t, Tech may be under NCAA Investigatgion
No surprise here. My dad talked this morning to Brik Brinker's parents who are some family friends of ours this morning at church and there could be an investigation at Texas Tech under way soon. Some of you know that I played football at Frenship High School in West Texas and the Brinkers are some of our family friends. Brik played at Frenship and is now at Texas Tech.

Anyways, my dad asked if they were going to the Alamo Bowl and they said no, that Brik was left off the team (no surprise, hamstring pull) but he told my dad that Adam James , son of Craig James, had a concussion this year. Toward the end of the year he wasn't practicing and Leach was not happy. Leach made him walk around the practice fields every day all day during practice. Apparently Leach was pissed that James showed up at practice with sunglasses on and when asked why he was wearing sunglasses to workout. James said he was sensitive to light and the doctors instructed him to wear them due to symptoms of the concussion.

Leach then instructed Adam James to take out all of the equipment in the equipment bins and sit throughout practice inside of them. He had to do this 2 or 3 times. (Those of you that are wondering, the equipment bins are big huge bins on wheels that hold footballs, towells, pads, etc...) Well The Pony Express caught word of this and wasn't happy. The NCAA was called and Mr. Brinker said that there was going to be an investigation coming soon. It wouldn't surprise me if Adam enrolled at SMU this next coming season. What a piece of sh*t. With everything Mangino went through at Kansas, Leach may not be safe. Who knows, don't shoot the messenger.

UPDATE #2: Brooks confirms that the player involved was indeed Adam James, son of Craig. He also notes that Craig is scheduled to work the Alamo Bowl for ESPN.

If dude really picked on the son of an ESPN analyst, he isn't smart enough to hold the job anyways. Of all the kids to mess with, you can't be foolishenough to mess with that one.

laugh.gif
@ fat little girlfriends.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

They sayin it's Craig James' son now...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What a +*!*#%! moron!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How are you going to do something unethical to a kid who's father is a guy with major pull in the media......
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Mike Leach better get used to smaller paychecks and working at the HS level.

Something about this situation seems fishy to me... could Leach be that dumb?

Cruel and (very) unusual

The kid suffers a concussion or something and the coach, out of what seems like spite, decides to lock him in a janitor's closet with a guard standingoutside so he wouldn't be able to get out.

If I was the father of that kid I'd want to beat that coach's %@*

Wooowww. This is ridiculous. After reading the report in the CFB thread, it's not quite as funny, but still hilarious. Who makes someone sit in a god damnequipment bin?!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom