Thank you for helping NT donate over $4,000 to Access Books!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Methodical Management, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

Thanks to your views and, most importantly, your clicks, NikeTalk managed to raise $4,116 during the month of September!

The full amount has been donated to one of my favorite charities: EZCODE LINK STARTAccess BooksEZCODE LINK END. Founded by Dr. Rebecca Constantino, Access Books supplies underfunded inner city school libraries in the Los Angeles area. To date, they've provided these libraries with over 1,000,000 books.

In anticipation of our donation, I contacted Dr. Constantino and asked her to estimate the type of impact that our $4,116 would be able to make. As it turns out, our donation will fill roughly one-half of a small school library or around one-third of a larger library. We hope to hear back from Dr. Constantino later on to determine exactly WHICH library our donation has helped furnish.

If you'd like to get involved, there are many ways to help:

You can send your new or gently used children's books and/or educational magazines to:

ACCESS BOOKS
    3625 Empire Drive
    Los Angeles, CA 90034

If you'd like to donate money, visit www.accessbooks.net.

If you'd like to donate your time, you can volunteer to help re-paint school libraries in the LA area. Check this link for their event calendar:

http://www.accessbooks.net/happening_calendar.html

Thanks to everyone whose views and ESPECIALLY clicks made this donation possible. Let's make October's donation even greater!

Feel free to share your favorite charities with us in this post. Each month, we'll select a different charity and, over time, we expect our list of supported charities to reflect the diversity that so strengthens and characterizes our community.

EZCODE IMAGE START[​IMG]EZCODE IMAGE END

UPDATE:

I recently received a thank you letter from Access Books, and since YOU are truly the ones responsible for this donation, I thought I'd pass it along.

EZCODE IMAGE START[​IMG]EZCODE IMAGE END

2. teddy jam

teddy jam

[razor ramon] chalk one up for the good guys [/razor ramon]
    shame...

3. celticspride34

celticspride34

great job as always Meth; this is actually something on NT that is good. makes you think bout all the people bitching "i didn't get the grapes; quality is crap, etc...."; their lucky to even have the oppotunity to get brand name stuff; most don't. actually, it would be kinda cool in the next charity choice would be one that gave clothes and stuff to the underprivliged children
    EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTTeam GreenEZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER END
    EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTDWest - Bassy - PDouble - Gomes - Big Al - Perk - Wally - G2EZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER END
    EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTWill someone please take Brian Scalabrine?EZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER END

4. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

^ CelticsPride34, that's a good idea. I wonder if we could get it in time for Christmas? Maybe supply shoes to kids?

Anyway, this is good to see. I feel like we could be generating even more money (now I'm getting greedy), but $4000 is very impressive.

EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTTEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTEAM EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTGEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTRAMMAR EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTPEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTOLICEEZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT START4EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTLEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START8EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTOEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START15EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTSEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START16EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTTEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START23EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START!EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START42EZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT STARTthey tryin to catch me riding EZCODE BOLD STARTdirtyEZCODE BOLD ENDliciousEZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT STARTI am the Kobe StopperEZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE BOLD STARTiniTiaL x REZCODE BOLD ENDEZCODE FONT END, good luck with your cousin. PM me some day with what happened.​
    EZCODE CENTER END

5. celticspride34

celticspride34

EZCODE QUOTE START

6. wanksta23

wanksta23

good newsEZCODE EMOTICON START :wow:[​IMG]EZCODE EMOTICON ENDEZCODE EMOTICON START :D [​IMG]EZCODE EMOTICON END

7. dj 1080

dj 1080

Great job to everyone here on NT. This is a great thing were doing and we should all be proud as a whole.

Lets always set the mark higher each month.

Im really glad to be apart of this and have my favorite site be well representedEZCODE EMOTICON START :pimp: [​IMG]EZCODE EMOTICON END
    The Supreme Ruler of the Metaphoric Kingdom
    I CAN STILL GET YOU VAGINA!!
    LOL YEAH REAL (()). I am not a pimp. I SWEAR

8. hypocr1t1cal

hypocr1t1cal

Wow, great job guys. Makes me feel kind of guilty for using me ezsupporter and not clicking the ads :\.
    EZCODE BOLD STARTFormally known as gswarriorsnum1EZCODE BOLD END
    EZCODE CENTER START

EZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE LINK STARTYuku?EZCODE LINK ENDEZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER END
    EZCODE CENTER START

EZCODE CENTER END

9. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

EZCODE QUOTE START

10. stringer bell 32

stringer bell 32

Great job, Meth.

Great job, everybody.

EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE BOLD STARTEZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE UNDERLINE STARTEquiEZCODE UNDERLINE ENDEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE UNDERLINE STARTpo LaEZCODE UNDERLINE ENDEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE UNDERLINE STARTtinoEZCODE UNDERLINE ENDEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE BOLD END​
    EZCODE CENTER END
    EZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE CENTER START
    And everything seemed to be going so well.
    I haven't laughed that hard since my last business transaction!​
    EZCODE CENTER ENDEZCODE FONT END

11. spriigan8

spriigan8

I'm curious; how is all this money raised? Is it through all the advertisements I see, now? Thanks for reporting the impact of the funds. Often times, donations are donated blindly to a popular charity and those donating are told their money will be put to 'good use,' whatever that means. Thanks for the update.

12. Methodical Management

EZCODE QUOTE START

13. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

^ Just curious, do you mind telling how much money is generated per ad click?

EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTTEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTEAM EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTGEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTRAMMAR EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTPEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTOLICEEZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT START4EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTLEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START8EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTOEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START15EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTSEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START16EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT STARTTEZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START23EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START!EZCODE FONT ENDEZCODE FONT START42EZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT STARTthey tryin to catch me riding EZCODE BOLD STARTdirtyEZCODE BOLD ENDliciousEZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT STARTI am the Kobe StopperEZCODE FONT END
    EZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE BOLD STARTiniTiaL x REZCODE BOLD ENDEZCODE FONT END, good luck with your cousin. PM me some day with what happened.​
    EZCODE CENTER END

14. Methodical Management

EZCODE QUOTE START

15. rexanglorum

rexanglorum

On behalf of Los Angeles, Thank you. It is very generous for you to direct a month's worth of revenue to on particular metro area so thank you for making it ours.

I think I'll take you up on your suggest to donate books, I have a lot of good books and educational magazines that I read, as a kid, in good condition, stored in my home. I'll probably just take them down there myself.

EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTTeam EconomicsEZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER END
    EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTFrom Coase to Pigou, we know what's upEZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER ENDEZCODE FONT STARTAIM Roy AnglaisEZCODE FONT END

16. hypocr1t1cal

hypocr1t1cal

Oh ya, just wondering, don't you need to pay for the server so wouldn't some of that $4,116 go towards that?

P.S.

EZCODE QUOTE START

17. kinglouisxiv

kinglouisxiv

Is there a way we can encourage more clicking? Perhaps have some users dedicate some time to clicking? Would this have any effect on revenue generated? I mean, as I see it, that's basically minimal effort for a comparatively large payoff.
    EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTTeam EconomicsEZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER END
    EZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTFrom Ehrlich to Keynes, we know what's up.EZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER ENDEZCODE CENTER START
    EZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE ITALIC STARTOfficial Roster: Rexanglorum, KingLouisXIV, vkhoj, J Money Baggz, geeduptrickyGEZCODE ITALIC ENDEZCODE FONT END​
    EZCODE CENTER ENDEZCODE FONT STARTAIM: marktomezEZCODE FONT END

18. purple face

purple face

Maybe we can make some "official" posts dedicated to clicking the ads.
    EZCODE FONT STARTApril 23 1848
    Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?EZCODE FONT END

19. swoshmn

swoshmn

If we can do this every month, then growing so big we need advertising is the best thing that happened to NT.

Actually helping needy lives > message boards
    EZCODE FONT STARTEZCODE LINK STARTwww.jitle.usEZCODE LINK ENDEZCODE FONT END is not worth your time to go there.

I tried getting on last night and it said I was banned. I almost cried.

20. tupac jordan

tupac jordan

did the cpanel thing raise the 4k?
    EZCODE FONT STARTOakland Raiders!EZCODE FONT END