The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Burfict is close to getting in that Jevan Snead category. At one point, mentioned as top-10 picks....only to go undrafted.

30t6p3b.gif

I'd gladly take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round. If he doesn't turn himself around and be a the player everyone thought he was gonna be a couple years ago....big deal. Most those picks barely make teams active rosters, let alone turn into Pro-Bowlers. He'll need a discipline strong team though if he wants to amount to anything.

Forget his agent possibly being Pookie from around the way, that's Pookie & 'em... That is not the picture of an NFL LB. He's looks butter soft. Damn, no wonder he did so poor at the combine. If that's a recent photo, he's supposed to be in much better shape than he was at the combine. Lulz- glad you share the photo because it made me feel better about myself physically.

Here's the thing about all this:

Adams, Burflict, and Hosley all tested positive for weed at the Draft. Why are the latter 2 coming out today while Adams has been out for a bit?

I feel bad for the kid. Bad press after bad press. Hard to change the narrative that people will write for you once they peg you as X.

4fa266c6e2c127f81dc36c00d9b9f8d72e5aef99_r.jpg

I don't feel bad for these guys. They have the ability to choose the way the narrative is going to be written/read. I mean they knew they were going to the combine so they didn't think to stop smoking weed? Was toking up with your boys worth that? C'mom son...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Loving this feature on E:60 about RGIII

The night he won the Heisman, he went and worked out in the hotel at 2:30am.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
At your mention, I just watched the RGIII E:60 too. It was ok. I ended up watching the one on Patrick Willis & Nnamdi Asomugha....Those were even better...

Originally Posted by psk2310

4fa266c6e2c127f81dc36c00d9b9f8d72e5aef99_r.jpg

I don't feel bad for these guys. They have the ability to choose the way the narrative is going to be written/read. I mean they knew they were going to the combine so they didn't think to stop smoking weed? Was toking up with your boys worth that? C'mom son...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Since when?

Yes, we all get it. He's made some terrible choices in his life thus far. Things that rightfully should impact his stock in a negative manner.

However, none of this is supposed to be made public. It's against NFL rules. The fact that it comes out the day before the draft, as well?

i get that it is a weak safety class, but does anyone else feel like barron is going to go higher than he should?

Evan Silva

A lot of stuff is being said/published that Barron's stock is rising fast but it's hard to figure out if it's a smoke screen or not. Teams could be putting stuff out there so others will try & trade up to get him. I'm not sold on him for the early part of the first round. He played strong safety at Bama & not sure if he would be good in coverage.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i get that it is a weak safety class, but does anyone else feel like barron is going to go higher than he should?

Evan Silva

ProFootballTalk just posted the following. It's also talks about the Vikes deciding between Claiborne & Blackmon. Link here. They also said Sal Paolantonio whose sitting in with Tannebaum & Ryan stating the Jets have Richardson as #1 on their draft board. Would be interesting if they traded up....

Report: Mark Barron won’t make it to Cowboys at 14
Posted by Evan Silva on April 25, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT

Alabama safety Mark Barron’s usual mock-draft landing spot is with the Cowboys at the No. 14 overall pick. But he won’t last that long, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Schefter reported on ESPN’s SportsCenter draft special Wednesday that Barron will be drafted in the top-13 selections. “He will not make it to No. 14,

I dont know why the Browns would try to trade down. If its true they must be just trying to stay irrelevant. For once they need to actually take a playmaker and stop trying to pile meaningless picks. Take Trent Richardson and take Kendall Wright at 22 so there's actually something going for that dismal offense. I still think McCoy could be a good QB if you actually give him a weapon or two.

Also the more I think about it the Vikings really should take Morris Claiborne. W/ Rodgers Stafford and Cutler now having Marshall in the division, seeing them 6 games a year. You're gonna need someone to stop these passing attacks.

The ONLY positions the Bills need to worry about right now is LT and WR.

The line needs help, and so does Stevie Johnson.

After those positions are adressed, they need to go ALL defense. But SS in the first makes no sense.

I am still not sold on RG3, especially in a Shanahan offense.

Jay02 wrote:
Packers may now really be looking at secondary. 

Now? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude you guys are LOCKS for all the secondary and pass rush help you can get.  I bet you don't take a single offensive player til round 6 at best.  Unless there is some offensive lineman value that drops to you at some point. 

Twitter smokescreens about Denver trying to move up to 7 for Gilmore.  Jax better get a ton if they are thinking about dropping from 7 to mid 20's, like a lot alot. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom