The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I really think that the powers to be believe they are smarter than football, the game played on the field. So they will show everyone imma do me and it'll work. And it hasn't, not once. Not with Jimmy Johnson, Saban, Cam, Sparano (Ireland), or Wandstedt sp?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So here is Joe's shot. I still like him, i wanted him before he was signed, Ireland said it's his call with a lot of things... here we go.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]2 afc east championships in 17 years... [/color]
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

Jimmy did have some great drafts though.  He just missed on his homerun with Moss.  But landing Jason Taylor, Sam Madison, Pat Surtain, Zach Thomas, all outside of the first round, I mean, damn. 
laugh.gif

He simply didn't have the balls to move Marino like he did Hershel, and he guessed wrong on Moss's slotting. 

Dre, I been seein that a lot lately, what is the 5 tech?  I don't know that term at all. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dlineman lines up on the outside shoulder of the OT.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]true, he DID have decent drafts. But then the play calling and offensive "firepower" (which was none outside of Marino) was god awful.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]let's run the ball 100 times for 12 yards in 3 1/2 qrts. then go tell Marino, "hey... go win the game." [/color]
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]so infuriating.[/color]

based on what ive read and am hearing from y'all...ingram has new england patriot written ALL over him
laugh.gif

not saying we'll get him, but if hes around, nothing we love more than versatility.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dre, I been seein that a lot lately, what is the 5 tech?  I don't know that term at all. 
DL techniques go from 0-9

0 - Head up on the center
1 - Outside shoulder of the Center
2 - Head up on the G
3 - Outside shoulder of the G
4 - Head up on the T
5 - Outside shoulder of the Tackle
6 - Head up on the TE
7 - Inside shoulder of the TE
9 - Outside shoulder of the TE

Basically a DE. But a lot of 3-4 teams put those explosive DE/DT tweeners there (Cardinals w/ Dockett, Cheifs w/ Tyson Jackson, 49ers w/ Justin Smith). Marcel Dareus played 5. The elite dudes can play outside and still move inside on passing downs. The thing w/ the 5 technique in the 3-4 is that they need to be able to play two gaps versus the run.

Remember 9 technique is the !$%$ that the Eagles (and old FSU) played. W/ the DE's waaaay outside w/ basically no run responsibility.

I love the guy but he's so damn small for the NFL. Sproles, Turner, Tolbert, Ray Rice are just as short but they're a lot stronger than him. Even Jahvid Best is bigger than him and he's having trouble staying healthy.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

DL techniques go from 0-9

0 - Head up on the center
1 - Outside shoulder of the Center
2 - Head up on the G
3 - Outside shoulder of the G
4 - Head up on the T
5 - Outside shoulder of the Tackle
6 - Head up on the TE
7 - Inside shoulder of the TE
9 - Outside shoulder of the TE

Basically a DE. But a lot of 3-4 teams put those explosive DE/DT tweeners there (Cardinals w/ Dockett, Cheifs w/ Tyson Jackson, 49ers w/ Justin Smith). Marcel Dareus played 5. The elite dudes can play outside and still move inside on passing downs. The thing w/ the 5 technique in the 3-4 is that they need to be able to play two gaps versus the run.

Remember 9 technique is the !$%$ that the Eagles (and old FSU) played. W/ the DE's waaaay outside w/ basically no run responsibility.

'Preciate that, thank you man. 

One question, Numerically, if this all starts at head up on the center, 0, then proceeds out, shouldn't 6 and 7 switch?  6 should be inside shoulder TE, and 7 head up, with 9 outside shoulder, no? 
ohwell.gif

Wait, nevermind, it's 2-4-6 ain't it?  Those are the straights, and the odds are the shoulders, ok nevermind. 

I have no doubt in my mind LaMichael won't be able to do a damn thing in the NFL.  He has to HOPE he can be a Darren Sproles.  He can't run inside for @#$% and last I checked, you don't get to run sweeps untouched for 20 yards a pop vs a bunch of slow @#$ dudes in the NFL. 
And that doesn't even mention the fact that both his elbows fold each direction, and the NFL WILL tackle the ball, at all times.  That's gonna be a problem. 

Blount at least is a brick wall and can run thru you, LMJ absolutely will not be able to do that, nor will he be able to outrun anyone.  3rd down receiver out of the backfield is his best bet in the league.  And those types don't get drafted very high at all. 

evansilva Evan Silva
2 sources tell @TonyPauline that Vontaze Burfict left early for pros largely because he was facing eligibility issues  

OptimumScouting Eric Galko

QB coach in PHI +drafted McNabb, drafted Tjax in MIN....CLE lock for RG3? RT @JasonLaCanfora: Brad Childress agreed to terms to be Browns OC

Hope Janzen Jackson puts it together, kid has the talent to make it in the league if he can just keep his head on straight.

Originally Posted by JUS3

Vontaze and eligibility issues? Not shocked at all

i'm convinced the only way he lasts/works in the NFL is if he goes to the ravens.. like jimmy smith last year

!$@ does eligibilty have to do with pro football??

Malik Jackson making that bread. Let That Boy Cook!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

!$@ does eligibilty have to do with pro football??
Well, from a responsibility and maturity factor, the end result could be that Vontaze doesn't prepare himself enough to be able to succeed in the NFL. His work ethic is already in question anyway.

^ pretty much.. his penalties, undisciplined play and/or over pursuit on plays is going cause him to end up right on the bench.. and possibly out of the league

do yall even realize how many kids are ineligible by the time 2nd semester of their Junior yr rolls up? esp considering they know they are planning to leave for the nfl.

it happens all the time . Vontaze wasnt a 4 year player the second he stepped on campus

most of yall's favorite CB (Deion Sanders) Zero credits going into the Bowl game of his final playing year .

yes Dre. Malik is Killing.

I'm talking less the eligibility and more the pattern as it relates to Burfict. Ineligibility is one thing, and I love the way he plays by the way, but the lack of responsibility tagged with a bad work ethic relates to laziness and that won't cut it.

I'm definitely pulling for him, but I see the concerns and agree that B'more would be a great place for him to go.

Not sure if this was posted in the thread before, but here is a link to the National Football Post's complete scouting reports to all the college prospects. Check it out...It's very comprehensive. Sorry if it's been posted before..

Burfict isnt Partick Willis anyway he isnt good enough to overlook any of his issues.

I dont know whats worse Burfict or the fact that he is the best MLB prospect by a good margin.

It's gonna be real, real hard to pass up Burfict if he falls to the beginning of the second round.

I think BurFict will be a bust in the NFL. He looked lost in a lot of his games & the NFL is another level compared to the PAC 10...

Back
Top Bottom