The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dopeness. Good job Jazz

there were no Kings players, so I went with the next best thing 
nthat.gif
I saw these types of socks  in Foot Locker when I was there last week. Had the 
indifferent.gif

Thank god the NBA has a dress code for socks. Imagine players like Swaggy P rocking all over printed socks in game :x

Went to my local FTL and Niketown the other day and saw socks like that too. This printed sock fad needs to die :x :x :x

No offense to Rck tho you get a pass :pimp:

Last edited:
Jorge Castillo @jorgeccastillo
Follow

This whole “Bad Boys” identity thing is real. There was a lot of chatter in the locker room about making a statement tonight. #Wizards

:pimp:

Also, GRJR came up HUGE last night.

Might have another contender for MIP if dude can carry his strong play over from the summer league to the pre and regular season.

Lol after watching the highlights, I'm thinking can Mirotic play some 3?

If so, the Bulls can play some pretty big lineups :wow:

Lol after watching the highlights, I'm thinking can Mirotic play some 3?

If so, the Bulls can play some pretty big lineups :wow:

Maybe in a pinch he looks lighter than he was in Spain, he's more valuable at the 4, like I have said in the NBA position is about who you can guard, and he probably can't guard that position for any meaningful length of time.

If Tom Thibodeau can't get a good offense out of Pau, Mirotic, and Mcdermott he has no one to blame but himself.

Last edited:
Maybe in a pinch he looks lighter than he was in Spain, he's more valuable at the 4, like I have said in the NBA position is about who you can guard, and he probably can't guard that position for any meaningful length of time.

If Tom Thibodeau can't get a good offense out of Pau, Mirotic, and Mcdermott he has no one to blame but himself.
Can Evan Turner and Greek Freak guard point guards?

Mirotic has a similar frame/body as Vladamir Radmonvic (in fact, Radman was even heavier) and he played the 3. Radman also played the 4 at times.. which is exactly what Mirotic will probably do (play both forward positions).

It's not about "who you can guard" it's about their offensive skill set. Why are you so stuck on this
laugh.gif
guys can play multiple positions

Last edited:
Can Evan Turner and Greek Freak guard point guards?

Mirotic has a similar frame/body as Vladamir Radmonvic (in fact, Radman was even heavier) and he played the 3. Radman also played the 4 at times.. which is exactly what Mirotic will probably do (play both forward positions).

It's not about "who you can guard" it's about their offensive skill set. Why are you so stuck on this :lol: guys can play multiple positions

because you're wrong.

ask anyone in the NBA, ask the GM of the Bucks when asked about JabarI Parker you know what he said?

POSITION IS 99% ABOUT WHO YOU CAN GUARD.

Manu Ginobili is the primary ball handler/play maker when he comes off the bench? Is he a PG? no.

Lebron James is the primary ball handler/playmaker on his teams, is he going to be the first team all NBA PG? no.

Hell Joakim Noah was the primary playmaker ball handler for the Bulls last year is he playing PG? no.

You know why Pau was complaining on the Lakers that he was a center now and wasn't a 4? Because he can't guard 4's.

The distinctions between positions are meaningless, they only matter on D.

Last edited:
I remember in the NBA Draft thread, there was a long debate on whether Jabari was a 3 or 4. Weight, height, metrics, and all was argued :lol:

Last edited:
because you're wrong.

ask anyone in the NBA, ask the GM of the Bucks when asked about JabarI Parker you know what he said?

POSITION IS 99% ABOUT WHO YOU CAN GUARD.

Manu Ginobili is the primary ball handler/play maker when he comes off the bench? Is he a PG? no.

Lebron James is the primary ball handler/playmaker on his teams, is he going to be the first team all NBA PG? no.

Hell Joakim Noah was the primary playmaker ball handler for the Bulls last year is he playing PG? no.

You know why Pau was complaining on the Lakers that he was a center now and wasn't a 4? Because he can't guard 4's.

The distinctions between positions are meaningless, they only matter on D.
Nobody said Manu, Noah or LeBron were point guards
laugh.gif

Did you really just do this?

If you were to argue that Manu is strictly a 2 or 3 I'd tell you you were wrong. He's both.

If you were to argue that LeBron was strictly a 3 or a 4 I'd tell you you were wrong. He's both.

Get it now? My point is a skill set can allow you to float between positions. Why are you asking me if Noah can go from a center to point guard? What a joke
roll.gif

Last edited:
In no way in my original post was I asking if Mirotic can play the 3 full time, but the highlights do make me think he can play some 3.

Giannis, I think, can guard the one. Parker can't.

In no way in my original post was I asking if Mirotic can play the 3 full time, but the highlights do make me think he can play some 3.

Giannis, I think, can guard the one. Parker can't.
Mirotic won't play the 3 full time at all but he is certainly going to slide between both forward positions. Especially since he's a bench player

The NBA has become positionless in terms of offense, the only time it has merit is on defense.
So is LeBron a 3 or 4

What about Bosh
At this point, LeBrons a 3 to me. I rarely see him in the post playing defense, thats not to say that he couldnt guard 4s or hasnt done it in the past cause he can and has.

Bosh this year I expect to see at the 4. 

Mirotic has confidence and that's what stands out the most to me so far in his short stint here... He wants to prove he can be a big piece.

Not gonna lie, Mirotic's swagger surprised me a bit. He has an American style attitude out there, from what I see in the highlights.

I was surprised as hell when he beat his chest and screamed.

I was sorta expecting the mild mannered, European stereotype.

*edit

Looking at his highlights again, he didn't exactly scream. But I still enjoy his swagger. :pimp:

Last edited:
Tony Wroten = Eric Bledsoe on the Clippers.

He is a starting PG in this league down the line somewhere. He's actually only 21 as well compared to MCW who is 23 already. I would love for the Knicks to try and steal him away in that supposed Amar'e deal but Hinkie is prolly too smart too ever let that happen and I doubt Phil even knows what a Tony Wroten is :lol:

LeBron has no position to me. I swear the man plays a different position each possession down the court. :lol:

Tony Wroten = Eric Bledsoe on the Clippers.

He is a starting PG in this league down the line somewhere. He's actually only 21 as well compared to MCW who is 23 already. I would love for the Knicks to try and steal him away in that supposed Amar'e deal but Hinkie is prolly too smart too ever let that happen and I doubt Phil even knows what a Tony Wroten is :lol:

That comparison is exactly why the Grizz drafted him in the first place. After what Bledsoe did to Memphis with the Clippers in the playoffs, Memphis wanted a guy that could bring a similar style to the team. I'm still kinda mad that we gave up on him so quick. I'm not going to say he's a starter, but I envisioned him as being an defensive, athletic nightmare that puts constant pressure on the opposing teams PG. Brings high energy and flash. With limited minutes (about 20-25 mins a game), he could be very good in that aspect.

Personally, I think that the 1-5 position designations are becoming obsolete on both sides of the ball. There's backcourt players and there's frontcourt players. Even on defense these days the "positions" are generally situational and dictated by match-ups. Like with the Clippers for example, Blake Griffin will often guard the other team's "center", while DeAndre Jordan takes the "power forward" because Jordan is the better defender and the opposing PF is the bigger offensive threat. Does that make Griffin the "center"? Of course not. So basically, I think its silly to insist on labeling a player as a particular position. Players do what they can do and its up to the coach to figure out how to use them most effectively on both offense and defense.

Last edited:
Positions was just created to categorize players, thats why that pass first score first pg thing is laughable

it really does come down to defence, if you're talking about player A and if he can play position B the conversation will always be

"can player A play position B?"

"no"

"why not"

"he wont be able to guard guys like (insert natural position B player here)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom