The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Lakers gonna make a strong push for Rondo, don't see them taking Mudiay, but who knows.
Y'all laker fans ain't high on ol boy Clarkson?

I'm not a Lakers fan :lol: ... but I'm not sure how they really feel about him as their starting PG. It's easy to look good when you're tanking, word to Langston Galloway.

Lakers gonna make a strong push for Rondo, don't see them taking Mudiay, but who knows.

Rondo to LA is all but guaranteed like a Tony Romo interception :nthat:  

I had to do it to you :D

:lol: that's foul son!

But last time I checked, your boy Stafford consistently leads the league in INTs :lol: .. 16, 17, 19, & 12 over the last 4 years :x :x

Wonder if the Lakers get creative and find a way to have a big 3 of Bryant, Melo, and Rondo. :lol:

We was talking about Okafor man, relax.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just responding to "if Towns says this in the next couple days."

KAT and 22.. we might have something special brahs
pimp.gif

Inb4 TWolves take Frank Kamisky 
mean.gif
 Flip needs to stop playing with these little comments about looking at everyone.

Last edited:
Was bored so I just made a quick first round mock:

TWolves: Okafor/Towns
Lakers: Towns/Mudiay
76ers: Russell
Knicks: Mudiay/Okafor
Magic: Winslow
Kings: Porzingis
Nuggets: Hezonja
Pistons: Stanley Johnson
Hornets: Oubre
Pacers: Kaminsky
Jazz: Booker
Suns: WCS
Thunder: Dekker
Hawks: Trey Lyles
Celtics: Myles Turner
Bucks: Tyus Jones
Rockets: RJ Hunter
Wizards: Bobby Portis
Raptors: Kevon Looney
Mavs: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Bulls: Cameron Payne
Trailblazers: Montrezel Harrell
Cavs: Justin Anderson
Grizzlies: Robert Upshaw
Spurs: Rashad Vaughn
Lakers: Christian Wood
Celtics: Jarell Martin
Nets: Chris McCullough
Warriors: Jordan Mickey

We're talking about the present though, that salary cap hasn't kicked in yet.

No playoff contending team was going too eat Pek's contract for 2 years at 24M

Dude can't stay on the floor.

teams were going after brook lopez..

but anyways.. flip should have been doing everything in his power to get anything for those guys that weren't in the long term plans of the team

The only legit contender that wanted him was your boys and the Hornets if I'm not mistaken.

Brook also played in 72 games this season and was pretty healthy in comparison to Pek who's only played in 31 games.

"The only problem is it's not 10 years ago and most teams don't want to play that way anymore. They value spacing on offense and rim protection on defense. Okafor's offensive strengths are minimized by his defensive shortcomings. Modern big men are also expected to step out and shoot 18-20 footers if not extend all the way to the three-point line, leaving the paint open for slashers and creators to drive to the basket."

The only problem? :lol:

This boggles my mind that it's even a question between him and KAT. That he's even considered an elite prospect for the NBA in 2015 is hard for me to understand. I don't know. He just doesn't fit well with anything I'm watching. Maybe I'm just crazy. I'd love to hear and read more about this. It's fascinating to me that he's so highly ranked.

We was talking about Okafor man, relax. :lol:
:lol:

Just responding to "if Towns says this in the next couple days."

KAT and 22.. we might have something special brahs :pimp: .

Inb4 TWolves take Frank Kamisky :smh:  Flip needs to stop playing with these little comments about looking at everyone.

Got you.

Wiggins with Okafor or Towns would be scary for y'all.

Please take Okafor.

Last edited:
Just because the NBA is a certain way right now doesnt mean you cant succeed with elite offensive big men.

Hearing the Lakers may actually take Mudiay if Towns goes first. Would leave the Knicks with Okafor. I can dig it.
Some of yall are gonna kill yourselves reading these rumors between now and the draft :lol:  rumors that probably are made up
it's only gonna get worse. i honestly think flip takes okafor 1st. he just seems like the type of gm to do that.

"The only problem is it's not 10 years ago and most teams don't want to play that way anymore. They value spacing on offense and rim protection on defense. Okafor's offensive strengths are minimized by his defensive shortcomings. Modern big men are also expected to step out and shoot 18-20 footers if not extend all the way to the three-point line, leaving the paint open for slashers and creators to drive to the basket."

The only problem?
laugh.gif

This boggles my mind that it's even a question between him and KAT. That he's even considered an elite prospect for the NBA in 2015 is hard for me to understand. I don't know. He just doesn't fit well with anything I'm watching. Maybe I'm just crazy. I'd love to hear and read more about this. It's fascinating to me that he's so highly ranked.
Yep, you're crazy

Hearing the Lakers may actually take Mudiay if Towns goes first. Would leave the Knicks with Okafor. I can dig it.
Some of yall are gonna kill yourselves reading these rumors between now and the draft :lol:  rumors that probably are made up
it's only gonna get worse. i honestly think flip takes okafor 1st. he just seems like the type of gm to do that.
flip pls. Don't over think this decision. The fans want KAT

Smart coaches with disciplined perimeter players have managed to put t gether strong defensive units with Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez. Boogie Counsins has turned himself into a really good defensive player.

Then you add in the hidden defensive value of elite high volume post up players and I think Jahlil will fine on that end.

People are getting a little carried away obsessing over his flaws.

KAT is 1 on my board, but not by some huge margin.

^Can you tell me why? I'm genuinely curious. I don't have anything against the guy you know? I'd like to see him succeed like anyone else. But I'm just having a hard time envisioning it.

edit: good points okb. I guess I just see the NBA trending more in a different direction.

Last edited:
this whole new buzz about you can't win with guys playing with their back to the basket makes 0 sense to me.

Yet these the same dudes who rave about Gasol, Z-Bo, and Al Jefferson. Have they won rings? No, but that's more a product of the team around them, not a direct reflection of their productivity.

this whole new buzz about you can't win with guys playing with their back to the basket makes 0 sense to me.

Yet these the same dudes who rave about Gasol, Z-Bo, and Al Jefferson. Have they won rings? No, but that's more a product of the team around them, not a direct reflection of their productivity.
Word and if the Grizzlies were 100% healthy this year, who knows, maybe they get through the Warriors. You can win with that kind of post player as long as you have a balanced roster. All of a sudden you can't win with low post players? Nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom