2024 NBA Draft Thread

Oh for sure, poor tourney performance was indefensible. Oni was supposed to be Yale's best player and shot 2-16 vs. LSU. Somehow Bulldogs only lost by five. Miye hits a couple of those nine missed treys and maybe we see Yale against UMD instead. Oni didn't play particularly well vs. Duke either but caught Coach K.'s attention, who gave Miye props post-game.

Played like trash - should have won that damn LSU game

I'm in on Grant Williams. He may be an old school throwback who likes to post up but he can fit into this era. He may not hit 3's but he isn't a non shooter, can hit from 15 feet out and has touch. I like what I saw out of the PnR as well. If he can make dribbles out of it and attack to find shooters :nerd:

From the looks of it, he's one of the smartest players in the class and he has a near 7 foot wingspan. Might not contribute right away but I like his potential

I'm in on Grant Williams. He may be an old school throwback who likes to post up but he can fit into this era. He may not hit 3's but he isn't a non shooter, can hit from 15 feet out and has touch. I like what I saw out of the PnR as well. If he can make dribbles out of it and attack to find shooters :nerd:

From the looks of it, he's one of the smartest players in the class and he has a near 7 foot wingspan. Might not contribute right away but I like his potential

So you’re saying he’s David West?

So you’re saying he’s David West?
I don't think Williams trends to be that type of player. West in his prime was a primary option and I don't know if Williams will ever get up to the usage West did. That 2-3 inches makes the difference there, I think Williams can be a high level difference maker in the playoffs type

West was also a 2 time All-Star so if Williams does have a similar career that will be a very good one

Bass didn’t have Williams ball skills.
Williams doesn’t play big. He could mix it up on the college level, but do not see how that translates to the league. A chunk of his points came from flopping anytime someone was near him. He won’t get any of those calls in the pros.

I hope for the Knicks case they do sign 1 or 2 good max players. Maxing out someone like Tobias Harris is stupid. Knicks cant **** the bed this offseason :lol: . You got Knox, RJ etc and building up the core.

I hope for the Knicks case they do sign 1 or 2 good max players. Maxing out someone like Tobias Harris is stupid. Knicks cant **** the bed this offseason :lol: . You got Knox, RJ etc and building up the core.
Perry made it clear he's not signing anyone outside of the tier 1 max cats. I think the only person they'll consider outside that group is D.Lo only because of how young he is and his max only being 27 M's

Williams doesn’t play big. He could mix it up on the college level, but do not see how that translates to the league. A chunk of his points came from flopping anytime someone was near him. He won’t get any of those calls in the pros.
My hope is that his smarts, touch, passing and defense translate. With Irving gone, the celts will definitely depend more on passing

From the Athletic:

“He showed teams how he could play from the elbows and run side pick and rolls, dribble handoffs or split actions — the bread and butter of Brad Stevens’ system — throughout the draft workout circuit. As he explained the different ways he can fit into Boston’s scheme, Williams noted the strengths of each player in the young core of the Celtics’ roster.”

“But normally, how they played when you go back two years ago to when Jayson was a rookie, they were moving the ball around and they put that team in that position because they were so efficient with how they passed and played with each other. So, I’m excited to get back to playing like that.”

My hope is that his smarts, touch, passing and defense translate. With Irving gone, the celts will definitely depend more on passing

From the Athletic:

“He showed teams how he could play from the elbows and run side pick and rolls, dribble handoffs or split actions — the bread and butter of Brad Stevens’ system — throughout the draft workout circuit. As he explained the different ways he can fit into Boston’s scheme, Williams noted the strengths of each player in the young core of the Celtics’ roster.”

“But normally, how they played when you go back two years ago to when Jayson was a rookie, they were moving the ball around and they put that team in that position because they were so efficient with how they passed and played with each other. So, I’m excited to get back to playing like that.”
I didn't really watch any Tennessee games during the year, and when they drafted him, was bummed that they took him over Bol Bol.

Obviously in retrospect there must have been a big issue with Bol's medicals. After reading a bunch of stuff on Williams, I'm really happy with the pick. Most folks seem to think he should be a good role player, especially in Brad's system, for many years. Pretty much exactly what you'd want for a pick in the 20s.

Back
Top Bottom