The Adidas "Futurecraft"

I'd think about dropping 450 on a pair of 4D's that had the sole specifically made for my feet.. the intent of this new tech...but just for a collaboration release?

Gouging...

I get the feeling adidas overestimated the viability of 4D as a large scale product so they're stepping back & making it more of a niche thing. Consortium & in-store only + $450 price tag tells me they definitely have no immediate plans to make these remotely available to the majority of people. Dunno what happened to their claims of 100k pairs or whatever BS it was they promised, but we're not gonna get remotely close to that this year.

Seems like it's either the functionality of the material itself that is the issue, or some type of production issue, maybe those environmental factor rumors were true. Either way it suuuuuucks.

These SNS ones aren't even that nice.

I get the feeling adidas overestimated the viability of 4D as a large scale product so they're stepping back & making it more of a niche thing. Consortium & in-store only + $450 price tag tells me they definitely have no immediate plans to make these remotely available to the majority of people. Dunno what happened to their claims of 100k pairs or whatever BS it was they promised, but we're not gonna get remotely close to that this year.

Seems like it's either the functionality of the material itself that is the issue, or some type of production issue, maybe those environmental factor rumors were true. Either way it suuuuuucks.

These SNS ones aren't even that nice.
They better take the parley route and make the 4d sole out of plastic from the ocean. Then there should be no environmental or material issues lol.

They better take the parley route and make the 4d sole out of plastic from the ocean. Then there should be no environmental or material issues lol.

Nah the rumor was the byproducts of producing the midsoles were very toxic. That wouldn't change if they used ocean plastic.

I don't know if the environmental angle is even true though, it was only mentioned once (by YM I think) a while back on twitter, claiming that was the reason the Black Futurecraft 4Ds didn't have a wider release and the reason for 4D being scaled back in general. People claimed there was a lawsuit keeping them from rolling it out the way they had planned, but it seems really hard to believe they would have put that much stake in new tech without being aware of that issue from the outset. Lawsuit rumor popped up well after all the press releases announcing the partnership w/ Carbon & claiming 100k pairs by end of the year.

I’ll take for $450 if y’all passing :smokin

33285AA1-D8CF-46B9-8C4A-66C3FE3985BF.png

Definitely passing on them, won’t have a chance to cop regardless since SNS is doing iso

The arshams will be musts for me, Invicible mockups look promising & Kith pairs could be good. But I think I like the arshams even more than the OG.

Love/hate relationship for me. Love the tech & the look, but exclusivity & price point makes them a bit of a bummer.

I'll drop 450 on the Arshams if given the chance for sure & I'd probly drop it on this grey pair as well. But even if SNS made their pair available in LA I would probably still skip that release.

Back
Top Bottom