The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

Not that I sit around taking my shoes apart or anything.  But is this a new situation or has this happened with any retros before?  I have never heard of the airsoles being left out of a retro before by design.  I know they have quality problems but wow.  This is new to me.  Assuming of course this is all true.  ??  Really bad if it is because it makes you think if this is their new trend. 

i'm keeping mine. i'm not as technical as many of u apparently are with the specs and tech. i just wear my Js casually anyway. if i'ma hoop in some Js, it'll be most likely be the model before whatever the latest model is. currently, black 30s are in that spot for me. but u guys are absolutely right. that false advertisement ain't right. i feel kinda sheepish that i'm keeping them, but i like them and they have alot of nostalgic value to, specifically pertaining to my brother. so yeah, i'ma keep mine.

:\

Not that I sit around taking my shoes apart or anything.  But is this a new situation or has this happened with any retros before?  I have never heard of the airsoles being left out of a retro before by design.  I know they have quality problems but wow.  This is new to me.  Assuming of course this is all true.  ??  Really bad if it is because it makes you think if this is their new trend. 

My man, this ain't necessarily a quality issue. It's either a bait and switch by the factory on Nike or a bait and switch by Nike on the customer. If Nike's explicitly asking the factory to gut the overpriced, retro product but shilling it as they did the OGs then you guys need to push back and stop buying this crap.

A quality issue would be the factory installing the forefoot and heel Zoom air units but having either of 'em pop within a month.

Mine are starting to squeak hard from the forefoot. They sound like a bed goin up n down; gettin it in lol. That rubber plug is already wearing down which is a damn shame cause it's been heavy in my rotation and it's my most complimented shoe but just can't justify the rape of tech. I'm so torn. But now I know why they sound like Dress shoes: hollowed forefoot.

Wow, if true that's messed up :smh:

I'm gonna go ahead and take partial credit for bringing this to the forefront earlier in the thread. Nike is cutting corners, skimping and lying about the tech in these retros. And it's about the worst thing they can do to their core fans and followers. I'm scared to see what bs they put inside the recent spacejams :smh:. Leaving out original tech and decieving consumers is the lowest of the low. Certain models I buy for the tech alone and they do this? Shame.

This type of stuff will make me stop buying retros. I wonder if the 13's this year will have forefoot zoom?

been awhile since you looked under the insole of a shoe, huh?
I made that comment in jest, haha. This isn't the first time Nike/Jordan has skimped on tech, but it wasn't this bad. For example, replacing the articulated zoom in the XIV with a normal zoom bag. At least it still had forefoot zoom instead of just filling the spot with phylon/rubber and claiming it's zoom. smh. 

i'm gonna wait for $80 or lower now 
nerd.gif

I was going to use a insole for these anyway because of the deadspace, but still. I could feel there was nothing when I put them on.

nightwing a hypocrite. he said the all star penny 2 had full grain leather but **** was cardboard plastic leather

He cheerleads for what he wants to. He's not nearly as unbiased as some make him out to be.

Dang...what a confirmation. I knew these weren't right as soon as I put them on. MSRP $190...advertises Zoom in heel and forefoot. I should throw this to 'heir Jordan' and see what excuse he makes. Fakes are made better than this retail garbage.

They just recycle previous descriptions

Regular occurrence with Nike cutting corners. I guess lifestyle kicks aren't supposed to be comfortable. I wonder sometimes if employees wear retroes around the office.

I'm older and I'm about comfort. Even if it was just an air bag, I'd be cool with that. But no cushioning at all and you charging 190.00 msrp is comedy.

:smh:

I was going to use a insole for these anyway because of the deadspace, but still. I could feel there was nothing when I put them on.

nightwing a hypocrite. he said the all star penny 2 had full grain leather but **** was cardboard plastic leather

He cheerleads for what he wants to. He's not nearly as unbiased as some make him out to be.

Dang...what a confirmation. I knew these weren't right as soon as I put them on. MSRP $190...advertises Zoom in heel and forefoot. I should throw this to 'heir Jordan' and see what excuse he makes. Fakes are made better than this retail garbage.

They just recycle previous descriptions

Regular occurrence with Nike cutting corners. I guess lifestyle kicks aren't supposed to be comfortable. I wonder sometimes if employees wear retroes around the office.

I'm older and I'm about comfort. Even if it was just an air bag, I'd be cool with that. But no cushioning at all and you charging 190.00 msrp is comedy.

:smh:

open that thing up and use this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262800936472

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this seems to be a common trend with Nike. Other than promising refunds, I wonder what other legal ramifications there were.
This says the China pairs were made with one zoom unit and US pairs were made with two. Maybe thats the case here? It looks like an Asian pair was the one that was deconstructed. I wonder if US pairs are the same. Somebody tear theirs apart lol

Sitting here like "hey didn't some dudes complaining about what is lacking say they were comfy before they read the 'news'" [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Anyone who owns this 2017 Retro have no idea of what Zoom air is if they think this shoe has it. The shoe's forefoot is DOA. It's funny to see excuses coming from folks who don't even own the shoe.

Last edited:

This Nightwing cat's a new jack 'sneakerhead' who hopped on the Youtube & sneaker bandwagon around '10 when sneaker collecting started to get mainstream and trendy.

Based on this he's better suited to comment on inline basketball product than retro product he's never owned or played in.

He wouldn't know 'full grain leather' from the cardboard-like, plastic or the vinyl/leatherette stuff they have been using lately.

Back
Top Bottom