The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

AYO can you guys post pics of them without the shrouds on please?! :x :smh:

Hey buddy, ask and you shall receive. Hope you like the pics.

View media item 2285164
I also included a pic of my OG Navy XVI's next to the retros.

View media item 2285165
Also a pic of the instructions for the gator that was on the inside of the OG box lid.

View media item 2285167
My thoughts, since I have the OG and used them to play in...I was hesitant to buy based in the silly price. But I submitted my order and it went through on SNKRS. Then I got more excited for them to arrive. Overall, I'm very happy with them. A few things are different (no Braille on the gator) but overall, I think they did a pretty good job. Fit is the same as the OG's (at least for me. I'm a true size 11 and they feel the same in terms of room). Overall, glad I got them. Wasn't gonna try and get them later on a chance they would show up at an outlet (which isn't easy anymore with no phone orders). Overall, VERY thrilled with them, am happy to have them again and can only wish they would retro the black/red and/or the Cherrywoods!

Last edited:
Hey guys. Names Luis. New to the forum. Not a sneaker head just a fan of these shoes.

These are my 2nd Jordans. I coped them from SP on New Years Eve when I went in looking for some shoes, I was looking for $30-$40 converse. First off not a fan of SP, poor Customer Service and I guess they thought I was looking to run out with these. In any case these caught my eyes, I didn't even know what they were to be honest.

This was the last pair they had in the store.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask $250 for these. They're dope, and the quality is superb. 

I went to Finish Line to buy some Force fields, one of the salesmen asked if I had copped the 16's dude kept staring mouth open after I said yes.

I got some on-feet action. I will just use these for my go to sneakers, I have never been one to collect.

^ Welcome! The 16s are great shoes. I agree with the comfort... I find them to be extremely comfortable shoes. Much more comfortable than the converse :D

luis g luis g Surprised you didn't go for the much cheaper & more popular air jordan true blue 3's. Glad you liked them. 16's have always been my favorite from jordan's signature line. I own the whole collection.

Luis! Welcome, dope kicks! :smokin

I used to go to shoe palace when they first opened, store #1 in San Jose. Knew the owners and some people who helped start it, but I don't mess with SP anymore. Those guys are just about getting their money. I get it, they came a long way, but they hustled me on some pairs back when and I've never been back since!

Luis! Welcome, dope kicks!
smokin.gif

I used to go to shoe palace when they first opened, store #1 in San Jose. Knew the owners and some people who helped start it, but I don't mess with SP anymore. Those guys are just about getting their money. I get it, they came a long way, but they hustled me on some pairs back when and I've never been back since!
Appreciate it man!

nice clean pair Luis
Thanks 
@luis g Surprised you didn't go for the much cheaper & more popular air jordan true blue 3's. Glad you liked them. 16's have always been my favorite from jordan's signature line. I own the whole collection.
At $220, they aren't that much cheaper. I just liked the 16's way more.

I'm still waiting for my shoes to arrive from Canada Post and I ordered on release day on Nike Canada

The XVI's don't get talked about when it comes to bball shoes, but these shoes are legit, I'm loving the so far. Very wide foot friendly. Traction is very good and they are comfortable. Foot lockdown is OK, but weird part about these is that they almost feel like a low top when you're playing in them, because of where the laces stop. Anyway, 2nd time wearing them for ball, legitly under rated bball shoe. You can tell the new retros are good quality when playing in them, because bad quality retros are terrible bball shoes and will kill your feet in no time!

View media item 2286991

The XVI's don't get talked about when it comes to bball shoes, but these shoes are legit, I'm loving the so far. Very wide foot friendly. Traction is very good and they are comfortable. Foot lockdown is OK, but weird part about these is that they almost feel like a low top when you're playing in them, because of where the laces stop. Anyway, 2nd time wearing them for ball, legitly under rated bball shoe. You can tell the new retros are good quality when playing in them, because bad quality retros are terrible bball shoes and will kill your feet in no time!

View media item 2286991
wow those look amazing on the hardwood

That's just what they do, if PL creasing bothers you, go half size up and you should be fine. 

Is it strange that people are saying these shoe's aren't hot, and will sit...

Yet their sold out pretty much anywhere you look?

Is it strange that people are saying these shoe's aren't hot, and will sit...

Yet their sold out pretty much anywhere you look?
Moved online well.

Can't say the same for in stores. Plus, there wasn't a massive number out there.

Moved online well.

Can't say the same for in stores. Plus, there wasn't a massive number out there.
I see.

I've been looking for another pair but so far everyone is sold out in Dallas. Even the odd sizes.

Do we know if they are restocking, or was that it? I can't find anymore information if they are restocking.

Back
Top Bottom