The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

Just tried on a pair that's been in the closet for a week and they fit like a dream tts. Anyone taking suggestions on sizing should try tts size first.

I was almost surprised how good they fit. Perfect.

Anyone hear of future color ways releasing? I'm surprised there has been zero talk about it. Would have thought the original blk/rd colorway or an All red colorway would have been announced.

Anyone hear of future color ways releasing? I'm surprised there has been zero talk about it. Would have thought the original blk/rd colorway or an All red colorway would have been announced.
Nope, unfortunately. kinda crazy that the only releases have been 2 store collabs and 1 GR. Hoping for the black/red pair to release also. But i also want some regular 17s.

Nope, unfortunately. kinda crazy that the only releases have been 2 store collabs and 1 GR. Hoping for the black/red pair to release also. But i also want some regular 17s.

It's anyone guess what will happen but my hope is that we will see 1-2 GR's and maybe a QS by the end of the year.

However, JB has flip-flopped on these before. I'm sure some of you folks recall those Taiwanese LKS samples JB made in 2012. It created a lot of hype and everyone thought a pending release was imminent but it never happened.

I also recall Oregon Sole had 4 or 5 colorways for sale including Gingers, Cherrywoods, Grey Metalic's, Blue/White pair with a dull, foam like toebox etc.

Last edited:
It's anyone guess what will happen but my hope is that we will see 1-2 GR's and maybe a QS by the end of the year.

However, JB has flip-flopped on these before. I'm sure some of you folks recall those Taiwanese LKS samples JB made in 2012. It created a lot of hype and everyone thought a pending release was imminent but it never happened.

I also recall Oregon Sole had 4 or 5 colorways for sale including Gingers, Cherrywoods, Grey Metalic's, Blue/White pair with a dull, foam like toebox etc.

I wonder if the XVIs are expensive to manufacture as they have to include the shroud with them.

I feel like JB released the XVII+ over the regular XVII as it was cheaper to manufacture and they could still sell it for the premium price.

Cherrywoods are my favorite OG mid

I'm not a fan when the sole of these starts to yellow and the black ages badly to me.

Those were by far the ugliest pair 16's. White/ Red lows on the other hand were :nthat:

They were, and I had(have) them. :lol:

They were one of those releases where I wondered what was I thinking.

Last edited:
I wonder if the XVIs are expensive to manufacture as they have to include the shroud with them.

I feel like JB released the XVII+ over the regular XVII as it was cheaper to manufacture and they could still sell it for the premium price.

Yes, I believe so. I'm going from memory but I think my OG Gingers and Cherrywoods were $160 retail in 2001

IIRC XVIs were the most expensive sneaker to manufacture in 2001; and not by a little. Average cost per pair was something like $4-7 while the XVI was around $17-22. The wide variety of materials used on each pair def comes into play, as do rhe magnetic snaps.

Funny thing about the XVI+ is that it was the original design for the XVI and the sig was actually developed as the afterthought.

IIRC XVIs were the most expensive sneaker to manufacture in 2001; and not by a little. Average cost per pair was something like $4-7 while the XVI was around $17-22. The wide variety of materials used on each pair def comes into play, as do rhe magnetic snaps.

Funny thing about the XVI+ is that it was the original design for the XVI and the sig was actually developed as the afterthought.
Wow. I didn't know that. I think they made the right choice with the sig switch. 

Wow. I didn't know that. I think they made the right choice with the sig switch. 

Yeah, theres pics of the white neon green and pink weartest samples online somewhere. It's not uncommon for a shoe to undergo changes after the weartest process, but the XVI+ is exactly the same as the original testers from 2000.

I guess they decided the XVI needed a more premium feel so they layered the upper with mesh and nubuck and added a patent toecap lol. The XVI+ really does feel cheap and flimsy in comparison.

I honestly prefer the xvi+ models. It has a more slender look, and it's simpler design looks a lot sleeker on feet. The reds and the navy's were too "boxy".

I owned all the XVI colorways.. OG CDP and these limited *** store editions..lol

I gotta get the midnight navy retros when they < 200..

I need my white/red lows again with the icy blue sole tho.. my grad freestyle pictures are with me rocking those..lol

I owned all the XVI colorways.. OG CDP and these limited *** store editions..lol

I gotta get the midnight navy retros when they < 200..

I need my white/red lows again with the icy blue sole tho.. my grad freestyle pictures are with me rocking those..lol
did you peep when the homie @GrizzlyAnimal   dropped that link a couple weeks back? I got mine for $175?

^ could you be more specific? Do you mean you bought a retro pair? Future release? Found pictures? Just trying to figure out if those black reds are releasing again. My OG are still holding up well though.

Seems these White/Midnight blue's are indeed sitting. Went to a few malls outside of Dallas and they're still there. Seems they're only sold on in most Dallas stores.

Got my TRs today. Quality is on par with CDPs but lacking in comparison to OGs. Still a solid 9/10. Absolutley great for a modern retro. Only real gripe is the leather on the gaiters isn't as supple as the leather on the shoe itself. CDPs were the same way. Its like they used a different tanning process on the gaiter compared to the shoes. OGs were consistently textured throughout both parts, but rereleases have a much thicker plasticy feel on the gaiter than the shoe.

Still gotta hunt down a pair of navys. Pissed I missed that oop here for 175.

Hey NT fam, did y'all that have the solefly's go tts or half size up? There is no 12.5 so it's a 12 or 13 for me, if i can even find a pair at a decent price

Back
Top Bottom