The ALPHAPROJECT (aka. Jason Petrie) Appreciation Post!

"Selling your Destros and Flints to make way for shoes is a serious commitment for the shoe cause. When you were a kid, was designing for Nikeyour ambition in life?

Yeah, absolutely. I just never knew how I was gonna get there because nobody knew how to become a shoe designer. And I used to write Nike letters. I would drawa collection and at night I'd draw lateral and medial midsoles, pages and pages.

You were calling them lateral and medial back then?

Yeah, because Nike were putting out brochures and I used to read them over and over. Every brochure, from ACG to Bo Jackson, they had displays in stores ofairbags and parts of the shoes. I was just mesmerised by that.

It's an easily discouraged thing because it sounds like a pipe dream. The 'Future Sole' competition is a positive step.

If they have had that when I was a kid, I would've been grinding for that all year long. "

yo this describes me exactly! I still have old brochures and the letters and replies I got from Nike when I was 12-16

Hey, you all can say what you want PRO this guy, then anti whomever you WANT to be, dig? But it is MY opinion that this cats designs are horrible! He's nofriend of mine, so I can be honest. I don't like what he does! The only reason many of you support this guy, is because he got noticed here. It's agreat story for NikeTalk, that a promising designer got discovered, then is designing for a premier line. It makes many of you sentimental, then hoping thatNike may discover one of you. I ain't mad at that! Fortunately, I don't work in the shoe industry, so I don't have to kiss any Nike butt. I cantell the truth as a consumer, which many of you cannot, then will not risk! Not as long as NIKE is paying attention!

Nike has made some hip shoes that I am a big fan of. I loved the Hyperdunk, I love the BB1 and I like the Lunar Trainer, and guess who didn't design anythose?

YOU GOT IT!

Dude just hasn't peaked my interests with the designs that he is responsible for.

I think that his artistic touch, his tastes in shoe design, simply suck!

However, I wish him good luck!

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

AP...You ain't even got to say no more. This 'I Wanna Work For Diddy'-reject Coach Hubie just mad he's stuck interning for whatever shoe company he's at while your kicking it with Lebron.
It always comes back to what someone may do for a living, when someone disagrees with the *in crowd*, right? I've got to be some frustratedsneaker moron, who sits on the internet all day looking for umpteen pairs of the same crap that I must have in my closet already, right?
One couldn't be a very successful someone, one who simply disagees with the *in crowd* about what may be valuble, right?

Tell you what, it's cool that he may be "kicking it" with LeBron, but then again, who am I?

wink.gif

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Dude just hasn't peaked my interests with the designs that he is responsible for.

[h2]pique, not peak.
[/h2]3. to excite (interest, curiosity, etc.): Her curiosity was piqued by the gossip.

I personally am liking Alpha's designs because the shoes he pulls off of are from the same era I started in. I had those same Alpha Force's in 8thgrade and wore the soles off. I wore the OG Jordan VI's until the bottoms had holes in them, same with the Command Force Mr. Robinson's. Still love theMaestro's and Swift's. Being that we are the same age, I like the fact that Jason seems to design off of what worked in the past and tries to improveon it. And I haven't paid retail for a new pair in a LONG time, but if I have to to try these new Lebron's, I may have to. They just have a classic bigswoosh, no-nonsense look to them, even with the Flywire and 360 Air.

Originally Posted by size twelve

[h2]pique, not peak.
[/h2]3. to excite (interest, curiosity, etc.): Her curiosity was piqued by the gossip.
Actually, I like PEAKED. Like, top of a mountain. High up, dig? But thanks for the english lesson. I'll remember to apply when appropriate.

Originally Posted by jmizzo

^ Your Coach Hubie. That's who.
Whose coach hubie?

It says
"Well known troll who hates Kobe and (Has trouble) touching base with Reality [and frequently, obliterates the English language? through blatant dis. Regard for proper punctuation.

Retrieved from "http://nt.wikia.com/wiki/Coach_hubie""

ive never seen that NT wiki site before.

im even listed on it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by jmizzo

^ Your Coach Hubie. That's who.
Whose coach hubie?

It says
"Well known troll who hates Kobe and (Has trouble) touching base with Reality [and frequently, obliterates the English language? through blatant dis. Regard for proper punctuation.

Retrieved from "http://nt.wikia.com/wiki/Coach_hubie""

ive never seen that NT wiki site before.

im even listed on it.
laugh.gif
Yeah, that's funny! Fortunately, I don't think that anyone could be insulted by some anal individual, who has an imaginary friend.

ALPHA PROJECT!! these are kick-#+! designs, kick-#+! shoe tech!!
alpha project with air max and flywire!?! WOW!!!
eek.gif

Kobe V part of alpha project?

alexanderfasto wrote:
Where is this guy? Nike is STUPID if he's not with them...
ALPHA PROJECT!! these are kick-$!@ designs, kick-$!@ shoe tech!!
alpha project with air max and flywire!?! WOW!!!
eek.gif

WHat has happened to Nike Alpha Project? have they abandoned it? Kobe V part of alpha project?
roll.gif

WTH are you talkin about!?
indifferent.gif

U bumped this old as thread to say something completely ignorant!

Alphaproject is with nIke. Jason Petrie is the designer of the Air Max Lebron VII

am sorry, and i dont mean to hate on petrie, but i havent(or can not think of) a shoe he designed that i liked... can anybody remind me of any of his past work that you think is good? i didnt(still dont) like the design of the bronVII(its too VCIIish), there was that flight*something* a couple years back(which looked like some of his vc renderings) that still wasnt good enough. the manu sigs(couple years back also) with that max didnt look good... sorry, but can you please justify his existence with nike again? am not saying i can do better than he does, coz i cant. but i think they should probably do a better job in terms of design and innovation... much like what aaron cooper(ultraflght "idea" alone was dope!!!)... thanx

JP/AP is that dude. He did the Air Max STAT I, which is one of my favorite shoes ever.
2m2auza.jpg

I picked up the White/Black Tony Parkers last week at Ross for $32. Also grabbed the Zoom MVP POP for $35.

Back
Top Bottom