The ALPHAPROJECT (aka. Jason Petrie) Appreciation Post!

Originally Posted by Steve212

JP/AP is that dude. He did the Air Max STAT I, which is one of my favorite shoes ever.
2m2auza.jpg

In my top 10.
Maybe my top 5.

Wow, I remember seeing these pictures so long ago.
I did not know he designed LeBron VII's, one of my favorite shoes.
pimp.gif

Hmmm I think does a great job on the asthetic part of the shoe but he doesnt do so great on the performance part of the shoe. Like the Air Max Lebron VII, its a beautiful shoe but why doesnt it have a outrigger or a carbon fiber plate? Arent these proven methods to improve the percieved performance of a shoe?

While  Eric Avar does a great job on the performance aspect of the shoe and then you eventually grow to love it because of the performance.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Hmmm I think does a great job on the asthetic part of the shoe but he doesnt do so great on the performance part of the shoe. Like the Air Max Lebron VII, its a beautiful shoe but why doesnt it have a outrigger or a carbon fiber plate? Arent these proven methods to improve the percieved performance of a shoe?

While  Eric Avar does a great job on the performance aspect of the shoe and then you eventually grow to love it because of the performance.
I think Nike thinks the Max Air unit itself is stable enough to provide lateral stability and sturdy enough to prevent plantar fasciitis. Adding those other elements might just be adding unnecessary weight.

You can't put a Carbon Fiber plate in the midsole of an Air Max shoe. Maybe in the insole, like the Jordan XVIII, but there is simply no place in the Lebron VII midsole. Also, if you notice, most outriggers begin in the midolse and gradually slope out to the ground. You would have to design a was to make a rubber outrigger slope off of an Air Max window. Not sure how much more stable it would be - the Air MAx will still give under the pressure of the outrigger.

Originally Posted by duke4005

You can't put a Carbon Fiber plate in the midsole of an Air Max shoe. Maybe in the insole, like the Jordan XVIII, but there is simply no place in the Lebron VII midsole. Also, if you notice, most outriggers begin in the midolse and gradually slope out to the ground. You would have to design a was to make a rubber outrigger slope off of an Air Max window. Not sure how much more stable it would be - the Air MAx will still give under the pressure of the outrigger.

Youre right about the Carbon plate, no Air maxes I've seen have them.

But about the outrigger, I think it could definitely use one or a pillar like the Powermax has.
nike-power-max-portland-trail-blazers-greg-oden-away-1.jpg

Having a fully visible 360 air bag, I believe contributes to the shoe being kinda unstable.

air-max-lebron-vii-woven-white-black-blue-01.jpg

As much as I was love the cut and the impact protection of the Air Max Lebron VII, I hate sometimes it feels like your foot is sliding off the shoe platform.

Looking at the videos it seems like Petrie cares about the performance aspects of the shoe but maybe Lebron is stuck on the shoe looking fly so he's limited.

I don't think any of Nike's full length Air Max hoops shoes have had a shank plate.... and performance wise there's the usual disclaimer
that Lebron requires a different shoe from most people.

Originally Posted by swingshot

I don't think any of Nike's full length Air Max hoops shoes have had a shank plate.... and performance wise there's the usual disclaimer
that Lebron requires a different shoe from most people.

If you read my last post I said now that I look at it, their are no Air Max shoes with a shank plate.

About the disclamier for performance thats fine then but why not make a different actual shoe for him personally for games. Its stupid to bring out a very expensive shoe year after year thats not user friendly to 80 percent of your consumers when you know because of this reason its gonna do ok to poor sales.

I dont understand why they just dont stick to making nice Soliders or shoes like the PS VII and price them between 125-140 so they will actually sell out.

Its stupid to bring out a very expensive shoe year after year thats not user friendly to 80 percent of your consumers when you know because of this reason its gonna do ok to poor sales.

I dont understand why they just dont stick to making nice Soliders or shoes like the PS VII and price them between 125-140 so they will actually sell out.

I really don't know how well most $125 shoes do these days. Nike are by far the most dominant athletic footwear company, so as long as they get paid by the retailer, maybe they don't care too much.

For a $160 shoe, made for a guy Lebron's size, in this economic climate, the VII seems to have done fairly well. I don't have hard facts to back that up though.

VII's seem to have done awesome from what i've seen.

I didn't know he had as many design's as he has. Wow!

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

VII's seem to have done awesome from what i've seen.

I didn't know he had as many design's as he has. Wow!

No they havent

You can still find the all the colorways in the stores still and even the limited HOH colorways can still be found at HOHs in Texas.

Also at least 2 colorways have found their way to multiple outlets already with more to come.

I wish I lived by these fantastic outlets that had LeBron VII's and Jordan 2009's for 50 bucks. You guys be trippin.

Back
Top Bottom