The Anthony Edwards / Anthony Edwards JR. / Minnesota Timberwolves GLORIFICATION Thread

They needs guys who can shoot from 3 like they need heart.

McDaniels isn’t a good shooter. McLaughlin doesn’t shoot. Nowell only shoots but can’t from 3. SlowMo doesn’t shoot well.

I enjoy when the idiots on Twitter talk about pace yadda yadda. They go on a 8-0 run and say play JMac and Nowell it looks so much better then they get killed on an 8-0 run in reverse because the second unit cannot efficiently manage pace.

Ant is putting a real ceiling on his development if he doesn’t start to buy into being a facilitator.

Doesn’t need to be Chris Paul out there but 1 assist games aren’t gonna work.

All valid points, 100% BUT........................................

total of 8 games so far, panic if they are around 15-15 after 30

Every IDIOT who said easy schedule to start season........................... OPPONENST ARE 22-13, Lakers throw this off. Great call by all those Einsteins !
Teams lost to are 21-8
Spurs and Jazz dont look so crappy do they ? OKC not bad, not good, but not bad

The DLo blame is complete 100% ISH !

KAT never played with another Center, I aint no center but I assume it takes mroe than 8 games to figure ut all the spacing and that stuff

8 GAMES, mmkay, 8 !!

TONS OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT, but ITS 8 MOTHER Fn games for Gods sake, lmfao !!!

These are all BASKETBALL issues that need to be solved, they are all PRO BASKETBALL PLAYERS, they WILL FIGURE IT OUT. Its not like they gotta deal with Anti Semite teammates or guys who DONT WANNA PLAY or fools who stay injured. The Late GREAT GREAT BIL RUSSELL SAID IT BEST............. THIS GAME IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE ABPUT BUCKETS !
THEM BUCKETS GONNA COME AND COME WITH A FURY NONE WANT TO SEE, EXCEPT US ! BET THAT

arod.jpg

What’s pretty frustrating is that the sets could be so easy amongst the starters.

DLo&Gobert 2 man game where you’re looking to get DLo moving toward the basket. Depending on what the roll man’s defender is doing is what DLo does. Stop and pop from midrange. Move toward the hoop or get Gobert on a pocket pass / oop.
KAT on the weak side wing and moves over to top of the key as the P&R happens.
Ant on strong side wing either waiting for defense to collapse or slash to the hoop.
Jaden in the corner spot up.

Ant has it, 2 man with Gobert. KAT on weak side wing, DLo weak side corner. Jaden strong side corner. If the defense gets drawn to the P&R on the strong side, Jaden can slash to the hoop. Keeping DLo and KAT weak side allows for teams to stay home weak side to avoid the 3. If the weak side moves toward the P&R kick out to DLo or KAT who takes the shot or makes the extra pass to the open man.

All this talk about Pace by McLaughlin when it’s not suitable for KAT, Gobert or DLo over the long stretch of a game. Also if the team isn’t hitting 3s well, pace will kill them. And the differentiation between first and second unit allows the second unit to run full pace to make up for talent deficiencies. I think too much is made of DLos pace because if you’re running plays and motions, he will play with what the game gives him. If it’s isos and not much off ball movement, there is no reason for him to make quick decisions.

Last edited:

essential1 essential1 , thank you SO much for the above post, I showed it to a couple cats at work and they said " this man gets it!" lol

I KNOW ITS STILL EARLY BUT.................................. DO YOU think they can get it right with the current line up ? JUST WONDERING

If you had to give the GOBERT / KAT pairing a GRADE, what would it be ? I am asking becasue I hope it will be ALOT HIGHER, in a month

ae dlo (2).jpg

Just released at the team store, need this

911BC441-947E-43FC-AA3A-6B66667DAA9C.jpeg

418671D6-FA05-4BFA-9DA1-2A1560869B89.jpeg

Guess who’s too ready to not play sick?

It is ⏰

Remember in Money Ball when Billy Beane trades Carlos Peña so Art Howe can’t play him where he doesn’t want him…..

That’s what they need to do with Jordan McLaughlin.

It’s nonsensical.

So many things.

-Finch has to stop allowing the offense to be free flow. There’s no rhythm, so structure it. Everybody needs to know what they’re doing and where they are going. The more they get comfortable, the more you can take your foot off the brake.
-Jaden needs to go to the bench. He’s not functional on the offense. There were multiple plays where he threw the ball directly to a Bucks player while wide open and led to 3s one of which was when they cut the lead to 8. Jaden threw it away, 3. Down 11. Forgot the other score, but it led to a Portis 3. He can’t shoot. Talent wise he’s no better than last year. He’s doing well protecting the paint. But otherwise, it isn’t productive. Taurean Prince needs to be in the lineup. And allow Jaden to be the defensive guy with the second unit to help them keep their fast pace 12-15minutes.
-DLo cannot shoot right now, and when he can’t shoot, it’s rough to watch. Having followed him his whole career, this happens when he knows he’s the scapegoat and gets himself in a funk. And it’s clear, he has such a short leash and it’s for a guy who isn’t actually a good player. You have a starting PG. Who fits with your Center that you mortgaged 7 years of draft picks and was the starting PG to the team that went to the playoffs last year. They should probably be playing to his strengths, in the same way they should for Ant, KAT and Gobert, and even the second unit. Let the guy play, and run a functional offense and when they knew where every guy will be that’s when you can open it up a bit.
-Ant is a black hole. To get to the next level, he needs to be able to give it up and get everyone involved. When he is able to drive and dish. It opens up so much room for him. No reason that he, DLo and KAT don’t average 18 assists combined.
-KAT has been fine. He’ll never be a take over guy, but I like his passing this year.
-Rudy takes up so much space. That’s why you run screens off him.

-JMac is just a guy. And it pisses me off when people talk about him like he’s not a second unit guy who does good because he has be 100mph to stay on a court. If you put him in the starting lineup or over 20 minutes, he would get put in hell.
- Naz has been great.
-Nowell has the highest usage on the team. That’s a problem. But if it was just average in shooting, passing and driving, he’d be great. Otherwise him being a black hole is detrimental.

They need some shooting bad.

Last edited:
RUDY IS OUT TONIGHT.....Health / Safety protocol, that should unclog things a little, lets see the difference, gonna be reel reel interesting.

Mclaughlin looked ok last night at leat.

I dont want to but I kinda agree abount Jaden, off the bench may be the move. I WANT TP TO START !!!

100 THOUSAND % withya on let DLo play his game. Right now he looks uncomfortable out there.

Agree about ANT , too HE could facilitate ALOT more, looks to me like HE is taking the world on his shouders and tryin to turn it all aroun solo, we all know that aint ever gonna work.

NAZ IS MVP SO FAR !

I figured Nowell would be the knock down guy......... not yet I guess

Seeks like Finch is STILL figuring it out, which kinda makes sense only 8 games in. Sometimes it all looks damn good, when it doesnt it looks reel bad

Time for another ride on the rollercoaster with the most twists and turns in the entire league, still fun as F, cause of the dizzying possibilities

jpzx jpzx , jacket is :pimp:

TP 1.jpg

OK, so Rudy is out again and the Knicks are pretty good, not real good but pretty good. Dont take this wrong folks but I kinda want NO RUDY vs phnx on Wed and MEmph on Fri.
We all saw whagt happened vs phnx, the best in the west, and memphis aint far behind.

Why you ask Id rather see no Rudy, well I will tell yall why............ Vs houston without him we saw a pretty glaring difference in all facest of the game. I AM NOT BLAMING HIM FOR ANYTHING HERE PLEASE DIG ON THAT, BUT................... IF ( huge if ) thinkgs go well the next 3 games without him, THAT would speak volumes.
Folks talk alot about spacing, to me it looked pretty good last night, folks talk about flow, that looked pretty good too. Houston aint so good But they got some Fn hoopers and I really like watching them, anyways it was a telling run regardless of opponent and THATS why I am interested to see what they can do vs better competition without him in the line up ESPECIALLY vs phnx.

I hope he is well and recovering and he is and will be a big part of this journey moving forward. ISH just felt bette than it has since day 1 last night IMHO and for that reason Id like to see it continue for a minute or 2 to see if its a fluke or if MAYBE a huge line up shake up is needed, who really knows.

Still waiting for a KNOCKDOWN shooter TO STEP THE F UP, Nowell gettin ALOT of good looks, just not drillin em YET, consistently at least.

I was surprised/happy to see nobody in here posted " they are better without Rudy" maybe they are, maybe they arent. Only time gonna tell on that one I imagine.

How much do all these #s really mean ??? I believe its more psychological than anything, if that makes any sense.

See everyone tomorrow for another episode of AS THE WOLVES TURN .......................................................

huddle.jpg

STAY THURSKII !!

I saw that during live time Sir. He did that last year at times too.

LOOS BAD, no doubt.............. BUT is it just HIM resting for a hot minute ? :wink:

and they did get a wide open look at a 3 out of it, fwiw, and that wasnt a thing !

Back
Top Bottom