^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by solarius49

Who would play a good Black Panther?

Wesley Snipes?
I'd probably pick Idris Elba.
Djimon Hounsou.

Elba was in Thor, not that marvel is against doubling up actors.
I was thinking Djimon, but i dont see him being interested in a role like that

Who would play a good Black Panther?

Wesley Snipes?
Wesley Snipes though?  Elba would be a dope choice, but he just played Balder in Thor
Snipes was actually the #1 choice when they were considering Black Panther but then he had his legal problems so the idea was eventually scrapped. 
And Idris was actually Heimdall, not Balder. 

Impressive!
The Avengers Makes $80.5 Million Its Opening Day!

Walt Disney Pictures is reporting an opening day of $80.5 million for Marvel's The Avengers in 4,349 theaters nationwide, building upon the $18.7 million from midnight screenings the night before. If this number sticks, it will be the second-biggest opening day for a movie ever, following behind the $91 million grossed by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 its opening day last summer.

In our report yesterday on the movie's midnight grosses, it didn't seem like The Avengers was going to be setting any records other than May opening, because it earned less at midnight than last month's The Hunger Games, but what a difference a full day makes. The extraordinary business the movie brought in Friday is a strong indicator that the movie may indeed break the current opening weekend held by "Deathly Hallows." In fact, we could now see the movie opening somewhere between $170 and 180 million, which would completely demolish the $169 million made by the current record holder.

Internationally, the movie added another $30 million yesterday, having also opened in Russia and China, and globally, the movie has grossed $415 million, which means that it may have already made back its reported $220 million production budget.

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Wesley Snipes?
Djimon Hounsou.

Elba was in Thor, not that marvel is against doubling up actors.
I was thinking Djimon, but i dont see him being interested in a role like that

considering the movie is 4 years out; my next choice is Nathan Stewart-Jarrett.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Why does Hulk move like an ape though?

They're alluding to his "primal" nature. 
It's crazy how far CGI has come. The entire move looked great, especially the Hulk. I was on the far-right edge this time, but I'm going again just to get a center seat. I'd say this was the best comic move ever because it was about the overall story and visuals not about an isolated performance or two. Dude who played Loki did an excellent job, seeing that he was the lone villain in the film. 

My nitpick is that comic characters sometimes deviate from the comic to give them unnecessary "updates," I guess. In other words, Thor should have his helmet and Hawkeye should have his mask. 

Movie was ill.. Hulk did his damn thing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

My nitpick is that comic characters sometimes deviate from the comic to give them unnecessary "updates," I guess. In other words, Thor should have his helmet and Hawkeye should have his mask. 

I did want to see Thor with his helmet at least once in the film. Hawkeye on the other hand, I was ok w/o a mask since it was the Ultimates version. They should have just given him the shades he wears in his Ultimates version, I mean they have it in the toy.
w89341.jpg
1hxyxe.jpg

Plus have you seen that PS of Renner with a mask? Dude has  huge and ugly nose that it he would just look stupid with a mask. It's somewhere in this thread I think.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

someone answer me this please. I just thought about this today and I'm not sure if they mentioned how it happened.

spoiler [+]
how did thor get back to earth? I remember loki saying, o father must have conjured up some evil magic to get you back here. The space bridge was destroyed in Thor though, so I'm just wondering how he got back to earth? Sorry, I don't follow the comics.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
Spoiler [+]
Same thing I want to know and asked before the movie dropped. That lil *++ Loki kicked wasn't enough, in that case he could have went right back.

Spoiler [+]
If I had to nitpick, I'd also have to say that was a quick cop-out to just bring Thor back to earth.  Thor is my favorite Marvel movie and it meant something big when he destroyed the bi-frost at the end of his movie and in this one, it seems like it meant absolutely nothing.  Although with Loki asking him was dark magic Odin used to bring Thor to earth, I'm gonna assume Thor 2 can further explain this.
I don't think I need to put any of this in a spoiler since everybody should've seen Thor and the answer is there. In Thor Loki was going to the other realms without the rainbow bridge and Heimdall couldn't see when he was doing it. Loki had another way of getting to different places that involved black magic. Hence, him bringing it up when Thor came back to Earth for him. He also brings up that Thor was planning on using the cube to get back home since the bridge is still broken.

Slight cop out since neither movie has harped on Loki being that good with magic yet and in the movie Thor they never show how Loki did it.
Originally Posted by Luong1209

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Movie was great! I wasnt looking for Easter eggs (I just wanted to enjoy my first viewing). But there was one point when the camera was fixed on an acuras license plate that read "EWS 2013". Google turns up nothing.
Did you guys notice any easter eggs that went over my head?

And when Stan Lee made his cameo I started clapping. About half of the audience soon followed. I know its dumb, but it felt John Goodman.

I looked it up, and Kevin Feige said there were huge Easter Eggs; but possibly one or two hints that you won't catch until you've watched multiple times when the blu rays and dvds come out

My 8 year old son & I just came back from seeing The Avengers. It was a great summer flick. Hulk was unintentionally funny in two scenes in paticular. He had my son & I (along with the audience) rolling. Robert Downey Jr was born to play Tony Stark. Hawkeye & Black Widow did their damn thing didn't they? Lots of good movies on deck for the summer. This was def a good start...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I looked it up, and Kevin Feige said there were huge Easter Eggs; but possibly one or two hints that you won't catch until you've watched multiple times when the blu rays and dvds come out

I read that they didn't put much or any at all.
http://badassdigest.com/2012/05/03/...eggs-in-the-avengers-says-marvels-kevin-feige

"I find that they're distracting. Joss finds that they're distracting. Frankly we want Avengers to work as its own movie, as a part one. If you keep saying 'Oh look, it's Janet Van Dyne!' everything collapses. I took out some Easter Eggs in Thor because they were getting too [involved]. Selvig would go 'I'll email Dr. Pym who knew a guy named Banner.' It was too much!

"When Tony Stark throws up the screens after Coulson gives him [the dossiers on the other Avengers], those are Easter Eggs for people who haven't seen the other movies. They're clips of Thor and The Incredible Hulk and Captain America on those screens. Those are the Easter Eggs."

Easter egg was starks Life model decoy comment.

and the whole Coulson manning up at the end..
can we say Life Model decoy

I know its not "Avengers related", but I think a complete reboot for Daredevil and Punisher is definitely in order...with actors and writers who take the project seriously. A Daredevil movie that includes Shang Chi/Elektra, and a good Punisher movie could lead way to some good Marvel Knights project...

You know what F it, im gonna start writing movie scripts!

I liked the movie, but it wasn't perfect. Although I know Loki was the original villain in the comic books, against a team as formidable as the Avengers, I couldn't buy into him being that much of a threat. But much like origin films, this was about the formation of the team and their beginnings, not really about the villain. With that said, Hiddleston is one of the better actors working today and he really did a great job as the god of mischief. The story was very basic, but I like how it tied all the characters together. Only other complaint was that the pacing of the film in the beginning was bad.
The rest of the film however was excellent. The scene where the Avengers were arguing and Loki was essentially pulling their strings was movie gold. Not even being the focal point, this was the best iteration of the Hulk by far. Whedon did a phenomenal job juggling all the different characters. I thought Black Widow and Hawkeye would be lost in the shuffle, but their roles were well handled. I'm not the type of person who likes drawn out fight sequences, but the third act of this film was stunning.

IMO, the only bad thing about this film is that I have no interest in seeing these characters in individual roles anymore. Marvel needs to just scrap Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, etc... and just focus on a second Avengers. And if they can properly pull off what they were hinting at in the end.. DAMN.

Easily an 8/10, but not a perfect film.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I liked the movie, but it wasn't perfect. Although I know Loki was the original villain in the comic books, against a team as formidable as the Avengers, I couldn't buy into him being that much of a threat. But much like origin films, this was about the formation of the team and their beginnings, not really about the villain. With that said, Hiddleston is one of the better actors working today and he really did a great job as the god of mischief. The story was very basic, but I like how it tied all the characters together. Only other complaint was that the pacing of the film in the beginning was bad.
The rest of the film however was excellent. The scene where the Avengers were arguing and Loki was essentially pulling their strings was movie gold. Not even being the focal point, this was the best iteration of the Hulk by far. Whedon did a phenomenal job juggling all the different characters. I thought Black Widow and Hawkeye would be lost in the shuffle, but their roles were well handled. I'm not the type of person who likes drawn out fight sequences, but the third act of this film was stunning.

IMO, the only bad thing about this film is that I have no interest in seeing these characters in individual roles anymore. Marvel needs to just scrap Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, etc... and just focus on a second Avengers. And if they can properly pull off what they were hinting at in the end.. DAMN.

Easily an 8/10, but not a perfect film.
I completely agree....BUT I think Marvel wants to put out a Marvel Film every year in between the Avengers movies, which I can appreciate, but I think they should work on different characters.

Wesley Snipes?
Wesley Snipes though?  Elba would be a dope choice, but he just played Balder in Thor
Snipes was actually the #1 choice when they were considering Black Panther but then he had his legal problems so the idea was eventually scrapped. 
Y'all forgetting about Blade? Not saying much since the the human torch is capt'n.......

Hopefully not Idris Elba....Stringer is my dude but idk

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I read that they didn't put much or any at all.
http://badassdigest.com/2012/05/03/...eggs-in-the-avengers-says-marvels-kevin-feige

"I find that they're distracting. Joss finds that they're distracting. Frankly we want Avengers to work as its own movie, as a part one. If you keep saying 'Oh look, it's Janet Van Dyne!' everything collapses. I took out some Easter Eggs in Thor because they were getting too [involved]. Selvig would go 'I'll email Dr. Pym who knew a guy named Banner.' It was too much!

"When Tony Stark throws up the screens after Coulson gives him [the dossiers on the other Avengers], those are Easter Eggs for people who haven't seen the other movies. They're clips of Thor and The Incredible Hulk and Captain America on those screens. Those are the Easter Eggs."

whoops meant to say not huge 

Originally Posted by Return Of The Mac

Y'all forgetting about Blade? Not saying much since the the human torch is capt'n.......

Hopefully not Idris Elba....Stringer is my dude but idk
Not forgetting Blade at all, it was his popularity in that film that made them consider Snipes for Black Panther. Plus the doubling up, not really a big deal if it's from different studious I guess. As you said, Human Torch is now Cap. Stevenson was Punisher and was also Volstagg in the Thor movie.

So i was just reading about the Infinity Gauntlet being an easter egg in Thor, and how it may become a plot device in the next Avengers movie, which would be amazing, and would probably mean we would get to see Adam Warlock

Back
Top Bottom