^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

ooo no one mentioned this... but did anyone catch that Marvel's Ultimate Alliance reference?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the Cap and Iron Man combo?
played both games because of that
pimp.gif

them games are still my favorite on 360

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by solarius49

One thing that shocked me the whole movie is that nobody at any point said "Avengers Assemble!". Don't mind cuz I don't care for that battle cry at all. It doesn't get me hype like a "Imperius Rex" for instance but that really stood out to me cuz they never miss a chance to say that +%@* in big bold %!$ letters in color in the comics.

On another note I don't see why the enemies in the sequel can't simply be the Masters of Evil.

Also, I don't understand AT ALL why they'd have an Ant-Man movie set in the 60s. I'm lost on how that'd mesh with the movie continuity when the rest of the heroes are in the present.
They would have to introduce a helluva lot of villains to make that work though.  I really dont want Thanos as a villain in the next Avengers movie though, I hope they save him for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie, because the only Avenger who even scratches the surface on the cosmic level is Thor.
but you're dead on about the 60's Ant-Man, how does that benefit the series at all 
tired.gif
The writers can make it work almost effortlessly if they selectively choose who is in the group and they can get help by introducing these villains in the individual movies for each hero. Zola (if they actually start writing him like the character) or Zemo (might be a whole new origin and motive due to the Cap movie) for Cap, Enchantress and Executioner for Thor, Living Laser or Wonder Man for Iron Man (not sure here since I hear IM3 might involve the Extremis armor and that arc), Abomination or Zzax or Absorbing Man (his origin could would lead back to Loki and maybe he sent him after the Hulk for revenge due to that beating
laugh.gif
) for Hulk, maybe Hawkeye's brother Trickshot (at the least this rival makes Hawkeye more interesting and actually gives him a challenge since to me there's no way he gets his own solo movie. I expect him to make a cameo in the Cap and Black Widow movies to have fans be more familiar with him), and that's it. No specific villain for Black Widow since she will probably just be facing generic spies in her movie or Hydra or some dudes in Russia for her movie.

Don't care for Thanos either. Think he was just a tease for a GOG movie or somebody else like you said. I don't even like Ant-Man but I want Marvel to build up their cinematic universe right and all of the movies to at least be good and that premise aint good at all.
#1 I love that you appreciate these characters as much as I do
#2 With the exception of a few of them, alot of those Masters of Evil characters would be sooooooo corny on the big screen.  The Enchantress and Executioner would be really dope (for some reason I could see Anne Hathaway as a good Enchantress).  The Absorbing Man would be extremely dope too, but only if audiences had forgot about Nick Nolte's version, but alot of those characters have no business gracing the big screen.  Ultron would be a doable villain.  Unfortunately a World War Hulk storyline isnt doable, because most of the Illuminati is owned by Fox smh (Namor, Prof X, Reed Richards)

Quick question: Thanos has the strength of never being able to die, and is always searching for an opponent that is possibly capable of bringing him death, correct?

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Quick question: Thanos has the strength of never being able to die, and is always searching for an opponent that is possibly capable of bringing him death, correct?

Good question, Im pretty sure that he is obsessed with the embodiment of Death, who is portrayed as a woman in the Marvel Universe.  He wants the ability to control Mistress Death to his own will.  Basically all of Thanos' exploits were to acquire the Infinity Gauntlet.  Once he had the Gauntlet, and an item called the Heart of the Universe, Thanos became so powerful that he literally BECAME the universe, and began to change reality as he saw fit.

Good question, Im pretty sure that he is obsessed with the embodiment of Death, who is portrayed as a woman in the Marvel Universe.  He wants the ability to control Mistress Death to his own will.  Basically all of Thanos' exploits were to acquire the Infinity Gauntlet.  Once he had the Gauntlet, and an item called the Heart of the Universe, Thanos became so powerful that he literally BECAME the universe, and began to change reality as he saw fit.
oh nice... yeah I always thought his character was the ultimate "catch 22", in that he is so powerful that he is actually out to try and find death (whereas everyone else is certain to death and is always out to find power) 
eyes.gif
 that is why in the film he is told "targeting the humans is almost certain death" in to which his reply was a smile...
somebody please correct me if I am way off 
nerd.gif

oh nice... yeah I always thought his character was the ultimate "catch 22", in that he is so powerful that he is actually out to try and find death (whereas everyone else is certain to death and is always out to find power) 
eyes.gif
 that is why in the film he is told "targeting the humans is almost certain death" in to which his reply was a smile...
nerd.gif
Actually the quote was "to court Death", which was a reference with his romantic obsession for the entity Mistress Death, who is just Marvel's version of the Grim Reaper
this is a quote from the Marvel Wiki of Thanos

"At some point in his adult life, Thanos met the embodiment ofDeath itself who, in female form, became Thanos' companion. It is probable that Death was attracted to Thanos by both his philosophical dedication to nihilism as well as his willingness to commit genocide on even his own people. Thanos began, for the first time in his life, to experience love for another being, although the being was just a manifestation of Death. To make himself worthy of so awesome an entity, Thanos decided to acquire more power. At first he planned simply to seize political power through the conquest of worlds. To this end, he amassed a huge armada of battleships. Then he found a way to amplify immeasurably his personal power. Having kept the planet Earth under surveillance since it first exploded a nuclear weapon, Thanos learned of a power-object called the Cosmic Cubebrought into existence by the subversive organization, Advanced Idea Mechanics. Thanos seized control of the reality-altering device and commanded it to give him control over the universe."

eyes.gif
nerd.gif
Actually the quote was "to court Death", which was a reference with his romantic obsession for the entity Mistress Death, who is just Marvel's version of the Grim Reaper
this is a quote from the Marvel Wiki of Thanos

"At some point in his adult life, Thanos met the embodiment ofDeath itself who, in female form, became Thanos' companion. It is probable that Death was attracted to Thanos by both his philosophical dedication to nihilism as well as his willingness to commit genocide on even his own people. Thanos began, for the first time in his life, to experience love for another being, although the being was just a manifestation of Death. To make himself worthy of so awesome an entity, Thanos decided to acquire more power. At first he planned simply to seize political power through the conquest of worlds. To this end, he amassed a huge armada of battleships. Then he found a way to amplify immeasurably his personal power. Having kept the planet Earth under surveillance since it first exploded a nuclear weapon, Thanos learned of a power-object called the Cosmic Cubebrought into existence by the subversive organization, Advanced Idea Mechanics. Thanos seized control of the reality-altering device and commanded it to give him control over the universe."

AWESOME info! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So as the main villain in Avengers 2 we can assume what?  The cube isn't even on Earth anymore... 
frown.gif

Had to see the movie twice lol. Really wished FOX didnt have the rights to the skrulls. It's ridiculous because the skrulls are just associated with the Fantastic Four, and never actually came out in any of the two films.

Anyhow the movie was awesome. I was shocked Thanos was played by Damion Poitier. Dude looked 100% CGI.

I hope they dont wait til Avengers 2 to have Thanos appear. I really hope he shows up at the end, or post credits of Thor 2 taking the Infinity Gauntlet from Odins chamber.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

I hope they dont wait til Avengers 2 to have Thanos appear. I really hope he shows up at the end, or post credits of Thor 2 taking the Infinity Gauntlet from Odins chamber.

I dont think he will appear in Avengers 2 at all.  Thanos is too big for the Avengers, i expect him to be the main villain in the Guardians of the Galaxy film thats in production

Had to see the movie twice lol. Really wished FOX didnt have the rights to the skrulls. It's ridiculous because the skrulls are just associated with the Fantastic Four, and never actually came out in any of the two films.

Anyhow the movie was awesome. I was shocked Thanos was played by Damion Poitier. Dude looked 100% CGI.

Marvel needs to work on getting everything under the Disney umbrella so that they can fully establish their universe and create some coherent crosstalk between franchises. This is one of the things that made Marvel so great (not knocking any other brand). They could literally just come out with a "Marvel Vs" series and have blockbuster after blockbuster. Heroes vs heroes or villains. Hell, even some of their villains had some decent face turns or at least have enough depth to carry a movie franchise.
The most important reboot Marvel could make right now would be for the Fantastic 4. NO ONE would notice this reboot (which is great for Captain America) and it would allow for so much of the gap between the cosmic galaxy and earth realm to be closed. Reed Richards is on the intellectual level of Stark and Banner. Actually, he's probably on his own level, really. The FF would bring so much together. Silver Surfer, looked pretty damn good in FF2, so I could only imagine what could be done with him now. Galactus can be brought in, but I would build up to that over the course of a few years as they build up to the Infinity Gauntlet story.  

Man... Doom, Silver Surfer,  Hulk vs Thing for no reason, Drax the Destroyer, Adam Warlock.... They might even mess around and bring up the Living Tribunal... 
sick.gif

I just think it should be noted that Marvel filed for bankruptcy in 1996, only to be saved by Hollywood. Now, it appears to be returning the favor. 'Nuff said. 

Already saw Avengers twice. I've got an offer from some family friends to take their kids to see it again on their dime (probably going down), and I might take my niece on a separate trip. I generally don't go to movies, btw. If their isn't a high-speed "Avengers" roller-coaster at Disney World by 2015, I'd be thoroughly shocked. 

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Marvel needs to work on getting everything under the Disney umbrella so that they can fully establish their universe and create some coherent crosstalk between franchises. This is one of the things that made Marvel so great (not knocking any other brand). They could literally just come out with a "Marvel Vs" series and have blockbuster after blockbuster. Heroes vs heroes or villains. Hell, even some of their villains had some decent face turns or at least have enough depth to carry a movie franchise.
The most important reboot Marvel could make right now would be for the Fantastic 4. NO ONE would notice this reboot (which is great for Captain America) and it would allow for so much of the gap between the cosmic galaxy and earth realm to be closed. Reed Richards is on the intellectual level of Stark and Banner. Actually, he's probably on his own level, really. The FF would bring so much together. Silver Surfer, looked pretty damn good in FF2, so I could only imagine what could be done with him now. Galactus can be brought in, but I would build up to that over the course of a few years as they build up to the Infinity Gauntlet story.  

Man... Doom, Silver Surfer,  Hulk vs Thing for no reason, Drax the Destroyer, Adam Warlock.... They might even mess around and bring up the Living Tribunal... 
sick.gif

I just think it should be noted that Marvel filed for bankruptcy in 1996, only to be saved by Hollywood. Now, it appears to be returning the favor. 'Nuff said. 

Already saw Avengers twice. I've got an offer from some family friends to take their kids to see it again on their dime (probably going down), and I might take my niece on a separate trip. I generally don't go to movies, btw. If their isn't a high-speed "Avengers" roller-coaster at Disney World by 2015, I'd be thoroughly shocked. 
There is a Guardians of the Galaxy movie in the works, so hopefully we can see these guys soon

They would have to introduce a helluva lot of villains to make that work though.  I really dont want Thanos as a villain in the next Avengers movie though, I hope they save him for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie, because the only Avenger who even scratches the surface on the cosmic level is Thor.
but you're dead on about the 60's Ant-Man, how does that benefit the series at all 
tired.gif
The writers can make it work almost effortlessly if they selectively choose who is in the group and they can get help by introducing these villains in the individual movies for each hero. Zola (if they actually start writing him like the character) or Zemo (might be a whole new origin and motive due to the Cap movie) for Cap, Enchantress and Executioner for Thor, Living Laser or Wonder Man for Iron Man (not sure here since I hear IM3 might involve the Extremis armor and that arc), Abomination or Zzax or Absorbing Man (his origin could would lead back to Loki and maybe he sent him after the Hulk for revenge due to that beating
laugh.gif
) for Hulk, maybe Hawkeye's brother Trickshot (at the least this rival makes Hawkeye more interesting and actually gives him a challenge since to me there's no way he gets his own solo movie. I expect him to make a cameo in the Cap and Black Widow movies to have fans be more familiar with him), and that's it. No specific villain for Black Widow since she will probably just be facing generic spies in her movie or Hydra or some dudes in Russia for her movie.

Don't care for Thanos either. Think he was just a tease for a GOG movie or somebody else like you said. I don't even like Ant-Man but I want Marvel to build up their cinematic universe right and all of the movies to at least be good and that premise aint good at all.
#1 I love that you appreciate these characters as much as I do
#2 With the exception of a few of them, alot of those Masters of Evil characters would be sooooooo corny on the big screen.  The Enchantress and Executioner would be really dope (for some reason I could see Anne Hathaway as a good Enchantress).  The Absorbing Man would be extremely dope too, but only if audiences had forgot about Nick Nolte's version, but alot of those characters have no business gracing the big screen. Ultron would be a doable villain. Unfortunately a World War Hulk storyline isnt doable, because most of the Illuminati is owned by Fox smh (Namor, Prof X, Reed Richards)
Thanks and you just blew my mind. I NEVER connected the fact that Nick Nolte was Absorbing Man in the Eric Bana Hulk
eek.gif
Despite the consensus I liked that movie just cuz it focused on Banner as a person, what caused his rage that created the Hulk, etc. Wow
laugh.gif
I just figured they were giving his father some random super power cuz at that time he was just dead in the comics and they wanted to do their own story. Plus he didn't have the ball and chain so it just didn't click for me.

Yeah, I know a lot of the choices don't deserve to be main villains in the solo flicks but it could work if they form a team. I think Wonder Man can be pulled off right in an Iron Man movie. Zemo is a stretch though.

First he was just trying to be Death's lover, killing a whole lot to impress her. When he got the Infinity Gauntlet he realized he was her superior and forcing her to love him wasn't enough, he wanted Death to love him of her own free will. Then Death cursed him with immortality so the two could never be together, then he got in to her good graces and died like once or twice and one of those times he died Death embraced him and they had a child which was just a big blob of death floating in space called Rot. He came back to life a few more times over the decades.

He kinda stopped looking for somebody to kill him since he died a few times. Plus he already knows about Drax the Destroyer who was a human turned in to the perfect being specifically to kill Thanos by his father Mentor after he killed dude and his wife. He got to actually kill Thanos a while back but he was brought back to life to save the universe.

The Hulk in this movie 
pimp.gif
  -

Just makes me mad how much they made the individual Hulk film suck now

2 quick questions

i was watching the incredible hulk (one with norton), it was a pretty good film. liv tyler
pimp.gif

1. what was the name of the monster tim roth turned into?
2. the scientist who helped roth turn into the monster, when the blood spilled on his head, did that turn him into something?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

2 quick questions

i was watching the incredible hulk (one with norton), it was a pretty good film. liv tyler
pimp.gif

1. what was the name of the monster tim roth turned into?
2. the scientist who helped roth turn into the monster, when the blood spilled on his head, did that turn him into something?
1. his name is abomination, i hope we see more of him and tim roth in the inevitable hulk sequel with ruffalo.
2. i believe that the scientist is supposed to turn into a hulk villain called the leader.  the leader is to intelligence/mental ability what the hulk is to physical strength.
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Mark Ruffalo signed for 5 more marvel films
http://www.google.com/url...smekURWqqD-OPggyuVwp1NuQ

Secret%20Marvel%20Movies.jpg

the 2 blurred out words are the 2 secret marvel films

notice, they are in alphabetical order

1st one im guessing its deadpool, 2nd inhumans
where did you get that screen shot from?

please god give us an inhumans movie.  Black Bolt is the friggin man.

Back
Top Bottom