^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I also feel they are setting up the Civil War storyline for Cap 2, I need to rewatch Avengers, but I believe there was an allusion to it.

I just don't see how they can pull off a Civil War storyline w/o SpiderMan and a bunch of other heroes. I don't want it to be like X3 where most mutants were just an afterthought. 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Oh %%@*
laugh.gif
I just read Avengers Assemble issue 3 of 5 limited edition which are using the the same members from the movie and Bendis nicely pulled off Thanos being the direct villain.

Anybody interested should check it out
Is it available in tradepaperback yet? Or is it an ongoing storyline still? 
I hate reading and getting comic every week/month now, I rather tradepaperbacks. 

Really looking forward to Avengers vs XMen but that'll like be in tradepaperback form no less than next year.
Nah not yet. Only 5 issues so it should be in trade by June, July the latest. Feel you on waiting I'm currently waiting out AvX too. I just kept up with this  earlier this year cuz somebody told me it'd be a good story that'd make ppl want to see the movie a bit more.
Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye on it. 

Originally Posted by amel223

I'm just surprised that this is the biggest performing CBM of all time and the thread's only on 70 pages. TDKR isn't even out and its thread is already at 80 pages. I know SM3 came out to 80 plus pages as well.

Interesting.

I think it's just catching everyone off guard. "Batman" has been a hollywood staple for 70 years. The franchise was in desperate need of a reboot after 1997s "Batman & Robin." Got it with a brilliant film in "Batman Begins." Followed that up with another great film, "The Dark Knight," which got an unexpected boost from an untimely death. Now they have their loyal fan base with the same story arc and leading man.
Remember, it wasn't the first movies from Harry Potter and LoTR that did mega-numbers. People can call this a sequel, but this has never been done before. All I know is that I haven't been this excited about movies in a long time. 

The Batman movie franchise will obviously hold it's own as a standalone, but Marvel has been crushing DC on the Hollywood front. DC at least needs to find a way to successfully reboot Superman. 

And for the record, Edward Norton's portrayal of Bruce Banner/Hulk hast to be the most overblown things I've heard about in recent memory. There was nothing noteworthy about it and the general consensus is that Avengers features the best portrayal of both Bruce Banner and Hulk seen on film to date. Ed can sit his %!$ on the sidelines with Terrence Howard. 

I just think that the movie was real good but also real simple so there isn't much to say about it.
Negatives are limited to just nit-picking on the little holes the film has.

Even most of the conversation here are speculations of what the next films will be.
 I mean people could only post  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 so many times. 

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I also feel they are setting up the Civil War storyline for Cap 2, I need to rewatch Avengers, but I believe there was an allusion to it.

I just don't see how they can pull off a Civil War storyline w/o SpiderMan and a bunch of other heroes. I don't want it to be like X3 where most mutants were just an afterthought. 
Forreal dog!  To me the biggest part of the Civil War story was Spider-man's unmasking, and the murder of Aunt May.   Punisher was HUGE in Civil War, Thor was dead in Civil War, the only Avengers who really played big roles were Cap, Ironman, and Luke Cage really.  The Hulk wasnt even on Earth during the Civil War
Civil War should definitely be a movie, but it SHOULD NOT be an Avengers movie

edit: Oh yeah, and Cap died at the end of Civil War, so why would they put that in a Cap movie

Ain't fair to compare this thread to TDKR's.
This is TDK, where all the other solos = Batman Begins.

I just finished reading Iron Man: Extremis ... if this is the IM3.
eek.gif

It's Venom/Bane/Red Eye from Cowboy Bebop all rolled into one.

I'm hyped as hell for this now.
smokin.gif

i think the 2014 is the runaways

In October 2010, the brakes were put on production, due to Marvel focusing on The Avengers. With production of The Avengers well underway, The Runaways project is just waiting for the Green Light. The film could be scheduled for release sometime in 2014.

Finally saw it last night in 3D IMAX.  It was worth the wait and was amazing
smokin.gif
.  The fight scenes were how superhero fight scenes are supposed to be done.  They displayed the characters' full powers.
It sounds like Marvel is planning to make a dozen movies or so.  I read that Cobie Smulders' deal is to make appearances in 9 movies.

You guys were talking about Vision earlier and his connection with Caulson.  I was reading his wiki but did not see any connection there.  Can someone explain that? 

Are there any plans for a Hank Pym Ant-Man/Giant Man movie? He is technically a founding member of the Avengers.

Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim) has been connected with it for a while.
Last week he tweeted some fanmail he got:

Edgar-Wright-Ant-Man-Tease.jpg

But, I doubt it's gonna happen.
If it was that hard to get Hulk right...or to even get people in a theater to watch Hulk, could you imagine Ant Man?

I would love to see a Civil War film. I think if they did it across three films it could work with all the different heroes and villains

Originally Posted by dnycemodel

I would love to see a Civil War film. I think if they did it across three films it could work with all the different heroes and villains

Marvel doesn't have the rights to one of the key characters though, SpiderMan.

I think Civil War at this point is a pipe dream. And I think straying from the tone the solo movies and the Avengers set. I can see it in a reboot like 10-12 years from now when/if Marvel gets every character, with a new generation of actors and moviegoers.

What would it take for them to get that?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Not to mention Thor is dead in Civil War, and Captain America dies at the end

I wish Disney would just buy back the rights to Spider-Man and the X-Men Franchise after the upcoming upcoming movies. (ASM, X-Men: First Class 2, Wolverine)

Originally Posted by solarius49

Thor was dead? I know there was a clone and all, but I didn't know he was dead.
After Civil War he comes back and murks Iron Man for creating the clone.

A bankruptcy to Sony Studios but even then, SpiderMan is such a cash cow that it'll be very hard to give it back. Sony's movie division is actually doing really bad, so bad that they had to sell Amazing Spider-Mans merchandising rights to Disney (who owns Marvel). But chances are good that this new SM movie will give a good amount of profit back to Sony Studios so really, Marvel isn't getting SM anytime soon.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I wish Disney would just buy back the rights to Spider-Man and the X-Men Franchise after the upcoming upcoming movies. (ASM, X-Men: First Class 2, Wolverine)

Trust me, they are trying but Sony will not sell it unless it is for an absurd amount.
SM1 made $822mil worldwide, SM2 made $784mil and SM3 made $890mil. and that is before product placements/sponsorship and merchandise.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by solarius49

Thor was dead? I know there was a clone and all, but I didn't know he was dead.
After Civil War he comes back and murks Iron Man for creating the clone.
Im pretty sure he was dead, he may have been in Asgard dealing with Ragnarock.  I know that soon after Civil War, all of Asgard was dead, and Thor was trying to recreate it on Earth.  But either way, Civil War isnt really an option for the Avengers...but an animated movie would be ok.....i guess

Yeah I have the hardback of him coming back after Civil War.

Animated would the best anyway, way too much going on.

I would boycott the new SM movie to bankrupt Sony but it's futile. I believe it's going to make a decent amount of money regardless so I'm going to see it for the curiosity factor.

Not sure if mentioned, but what were the easter eggs for the movie? (ie the shield in the background of IM....you know, something that hints to the future movies...)

I didn't see anything when I watched THE AVENGERS last night....thanks.

Back
Top Bottom