The Avengers or Justice League? who do you prefer?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by blakep267

Umm because that was planned from the beginning to work out and blend in together. There is a reason why only Marvel-made films (not Universal or Sony) are the only ones that are involved in the Avengers film. 
The Superman and Batman films were meant to be separate entities, hell Batmans Nolan-verse will make Supermans existence impossible. There also isn't any Flash, MM or WW movies but the biggest hurdle is simply Batmans current world, it's too realistic so accommodate other heroes, they'd have to reboot it and start from scratch if they want to incorporate it into a JLA movie.

well this last nolan movie will conclude that version of Bats, and they already have a planned reboot of batman to come out after the superman reboot in 2013. DC already has the green lantern lore established that can fit in Superman's world. Then they just need a new batman

I highly doubt a new Batman film will come out in 2014. Keep in mind that BB to TDK is 3 years and TDK to TDKR is 4 years apart so looks like we still have a very, very long wait. Plus there is no Flash or WW films yet, there are plans but DC doesn't seem to be in a hurry. You can actually do a JLA movie w/o GL or Flash but you need WW because thats the trinity with Bats, WW and Supes. I think it'll all depend how well Snyder does with Superman and how successful it is in the box office.

I didnt say 2014. The standard time for a reboot is 3-4 years or so. So you'd probably expect a new batman in 2015-16 or so, depending on if they rush it or not. And you have to realize that the bigger gap was mainly because of Nolan. If they couldve, studios wouldve released the movies 2 years apart. But Nolan wanted to do Inception and he isnt the kind of director you can rush. WW wont ever get a movie because people just dont care. Sad truth, if anythign, they would just insert her into the lineup and hope people are knowledgeable enough on her character. Flash most likely wont get a solo movie either. Nobody ever confirmed a JL movie, but if they were going to do it they would basically have to rely heavily on batman and superman and have the other characters as supporting stars.

well this last nolan movie will conclude that version of Bats, and they already have a planned reboot of batman to come out after the superman reboot in 2013. DC already has the green lantern lore established that can fit in Superman's world. Then they just need a new batman

I highly doubt a new Batman film will come out in 2014. Keep in mind that BB to TDK is 3 years and TDK to TDKR is 4 years apart so looks like we still have a very, very long wait. Plus there is no Flash or WW films yet, there are plans but DC doesn't seem to be in a hurry. You can actually do a JLA movie w/o GL or Flash but you need WW because thats the trinity with Bats, WW and Supes. I think it'll all depend how well Snyder does with Superman and how successful it is in the box office.

I didnt say 2014. The standard time for a reboot is 3-4 years or so. So you'd probably expect a new batman in 2015-16 or so, depending on if they rush it or not. And you have to realize that the bigger gap was mainly because of Nolan. If they couldve, studios wouldve released the movies 2 years apart. But Nolan wanted to do Inception and he isnt the kind of director you can rush. WW wont ever get a movie because people just dont care. Sad truth, if anythign, they would just insert her into the lineup and hope people are knowledgeable enough on her character. Flash most likely wont get a solo movie either. Nobody ever confirmed a JL movie, but if they were going to do it they would basically have to rely heavily on batman and superman and have the other characters as supporting stars.

If there are now WW or Flash origin films then it'll completely fail. The Avengers are working because they managed to get the back story out of the way, the audience got to know the character already so the film can focus on them just teaming up. In a JLA movie, if WW or Flash just appears out of nowhere then no one is going to care either. If that is the case, I'd rather see a Batman/Superman film. Loosely base the film on Public Enemies and it could be awesome.
mXoTW.jpg

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Why is no one mentioning the Sentry, who is supposedly Marvel's equivalent of Superman?
Because most just knows the Avengers and JLA through the animated series and movies. 
laugh.gif

Why is no one mentioning the Sentry, who is supposedly Marvel's equivalent of Superman?
Because most just knows the Avengers and JLA through the animated series and movies. 
laugh.gif

YUP

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif

YUP

maybe, but also the sentry is just an overall dumb character. I blame the writers for that one. His levels and powers are just constantly changing and its silly.

@ RFX, im sure that WW and Flash would have to be explained in a movie, but they couldnt carry a solo movie by themselves. You brought up marvel and they pretty much did the same thing. Hawkeye never got a solo pic, neither did black widow. Heck, even though Thor made money, it really has a weak second half of the movie, and IM2 sucked. its hard to make a movie revolved around a character and have it be interesting. Thats why Spiderman and Batman are kings of comic book movies.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Question....

How strong is Wasp in her giant size? Like what is it comparable to?
At giant size, her strength and endurance increased geometrically with her height, reaching superhuman levels. 

That's the thing. I've haven't actually met any 60ft tall women, so I'm not sure what that is like.

Unless you count that chick I knocked off in college who played for Duke. She palmed my !+# like you do on the upswing of a windmill dunk.
frown.gif

But, I digress.

The real question I guess...

Is she Luke Cage strong or Superman Strong?

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif

YUP

maybe, but also the sentry is just an overall dumb character. I blame the writers for that one. His levels and powers are just constantly changing and its silly.

@ RFX, im sure that WW and Flash would have to be explained in a movie, but they couldnt carry a solo movie by themselves. You brought up marvel and they pretty much did the same thing. Hawkeye never got a solo pic, neither did black widow. Heck, even though Thor made money, it really has a weak second half of the movie, and IM2 sucked. its hard to make a movie revolved around a character and have it be interesting. Thats why Spiderman and Batman are kings of comic book movies.
Black Widow and Hawkeye are the second tier heroes int he Avengers, just like Fury. They do not need backgrounds and they seem to be doing a relationship angle with Hawkeye and Black Widow but in the end, they are the secondary characters. WW & Flash are prominent and very important members of the JLA, you can't just toss them in the mix. And I disagree, I think a Flash and WW will garner as much interest as Thor or Capt. America, both didn't really smash the box office like Batman or IM did. The film just can't be stupid like GL or Daredevil and people will see it. Heck the Hulk was overall a terrible film but people saw it and accepted it for what it is. 
WW and Flash will have it's audience, heck Reynolds was suppose to be the Flash but he picked being Hal Jordan instead. Get Bradley Cooper as Barry Allen and a good script can make a good Flash movie. WW already had a TV pilot, it just sucked big time so it got shut down but there are certainly interests in those characters. I can even argue that the Flash is more known than the Green Lantern.

Question....

At giant size, her strength and endurance increased geometrically with her height, reaching superhuman levels. 

That's the thing. I've haven't actually met any 60ft tall women, so I'm not sure what that is like.

Unless you count that chick I knocked off in college who played for Duke. She palmed my !+# like you do on the upswing of a windmill dunk.
frown.gif

But, I digress.

Just imagine it this way, if Boykins open palm smacks you in the face and then Dwight Howard does the same thing. The difference in force is likely the same. So if a 2 inch Wasp punches you, you might not feel it but if a 50 feet Wasp flicks you, you'll like be knocked unconscious. Makes sense? 

RFX you are deluded if you think wonder woman and flash will pull in numbers and make good movies. Flash being more known doesn't mean he's more marketable. DC made the right choice by going with green lantern. If DC was smart they would do a teen titans/outsiders movie....very marketable. And if they got up to doing an actual JLA movie they should fight the secret six whose been hired by either a secret villain coalition or Lex.

I mean who is flash gonna fight? Captain Cold? Boomerang man? Zoom?

Sentry is next to triathalon as some of the worst characters that have ever been on the Avengers. He did rip carnage apart in great style though.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

RFX you are deluded if you think wonder woman and flash will pull in numbers and make good movies. Flash being more known doesn't mean he's more marketable. DC made the right choice by going with green lantern. If DC was smart they would do a teen titans/outsiders movie....very marketable. And if they got up to doing an actual JLA movie they should fight the secret six whose been hired by either a secret villain coalition or Lex.

I am not deluded. I never said it'll be a blockbuster hit, I said there's a market for it. Heck Superman Returns barely made money but we know there's market for it and they even have a new one coming.
Hard to tell between Flash and GL, Flash is a very likable character. Hell most people here were asking why GL wasn't black in the film because they only knew him as John Stewart in the cartoon. GLs appeal to the public has mostly been his power ring and his contructs (which the movie failed on btw). I say the Flash movie can be very good and yes I'll say it, make more money. It just has to be done right. WW, it can be iffy but I don't see how it can do worse than Daredevil or Punisher to be quite honest but who knows. Even if it flops, the audience will still be there. DC themselves admitted GLs box office failures but still plans to do a second film. 

Nolan seems to be staying close to DC and even godfathering the Superman film and the following Batman films after his trilogy so if he is involved and his brother has a hand in writing, whose to say it wouldn't be good? 

As for villains, Gorilla Grodd, Trickster, Capt. Cold, Capt. Boomerang, Professor Zoom, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, etc.. are all viable villains and a good starting point for the Flash. Ra's is a known villain to the comic book geeks but lets be honest, how many of the general public knew who he was in Batman Begins? Hell even in the final trilogy, people knew Bane was cool but most still thought of him as the bumbling idiot in the cartoons and in Batman & Robin.

frown.gif

But, I digress.

Just imagine it this way, if Boykins open palm smacks you in the face and then Dwight Howard does the same thing. The difference in force is likely the same. So if a 2 inch Wasp punches you, you might not feel it but if a 50 feet Wasp flicks you, you'll like be knocked unconscious. Makes sense? 

Found it

[h3]Strength level[/h3]
Janet had the strength of a normal human female of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise. The Wasp's strength was boosted when she reduced in size, and increased geometrically when she chose to use her growing powers. At 10 feet tall, she could lift (press) 1,000 pounds, at 25 feet tall she could lift (press) 10 tons, and at 100 feet tall, she could lift (press) 50 tons. The higher she grew past 25 feet, the more of her strength she had to use simply to support her own enormous mass.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I am not deluded. I never said it'll be a blockbuster hit, I said there's a market for it. Heck Superman Returns barely made money but we know there's market for it and they even have a new one coming.
Hard to tell between Flash and GL, Flash is a very likable character. Hell most people here were asking why GL wasn't black in the film because they only knew him as John Stewart in the cartoon. GLs appeal to the public has mostly been his power ring and his contructs (which the movie failed on btw). I say the Flash movie can be very good and yes I'll say it, make more money. It just has to be done right. WW, it can be iffy but I don't see how it can do worse than Daredevil or Punisher to be quite honest but who knows. Even if it flops, the audience will still be there. DC themselves admitted GLs box office failures but still plans to do a second film. 

Nolan seems to be staying close to DC and even godfathering the Superman film and the following Batman films after his trilogy so if he is involved and his brother has a hand in writing, whose to say it wouldn't be good? 

As for villains, Gorilla Grodd, Trickster, Capt. Cold, Capt. Boomerang, Professor Zoom, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, etc.. are all viable villains and a good starting point for the Flash. Ra's is a known villain to the comic book geeks but lets be honest, how many of the general public knew who he was in Batman Begins? Hell even in the final trilogy, people knew Bane was cool but most still thought of him as the bumbling idiot in the cartoons and in Batman & Robin.

If anything, i dont want Nolan anywhere near any of the future projects, if he is going to have them grounded in realism. I mean for the most part, his films are good but not very good portrayals of batman. Batman is a paranoid guy who always thinks multiple moves ahead, yet for the most part he got outclassed by the joker in TDK. And I have to disagree, Flash would suck. Sure hes a cool character, but by himself he's only but so interesting. he has super speed, and can do other things but it gets old fast. Thats why he works great in the JLA but not so great alone, imo. And wonder woman is just a lesser version of superman basically, so why would people want to see that when they could see the real thing in Supes.

As I said earlier, if they ever were to do an actual JL movie, there best bet would to focus on Batman and Superman's interactions with each other.  You have Flash as the goofy comedic character, martian manhunter as the outsider and as sexist as it may sound, WW would have to play the token female part like we see most female characters play in action movies. Ex. she might be how Halle Berry played storm in the X men movies

The past few statements about Flash and WW not being interesting really shows how little you guys know or read about these characters. Barry Allen had his mom and wife murdered, actually killed a villain himself, supported erasing someones mind and can travel back through time. He isn't just a comic relief and his powers are more complex and the Speed Force could be a story in itself.

WW would be more difficult to pull off but it can be done, again just the right cast, director and writer. It can be pulled off like Thor.

I can understand being mocked and made fun when I said I want a Cyclops origin story, I even made myself somewhat laugh at that one too, but Flash and WW? Really? You guys need to read up more on what these guys have been through.

Batman is a paranoid guy who always thinks multiple moves ahead, yet for the most part he got outclassed by the joker in TDK.

You are lying to yourself if you think this is really how Batman is everytime. Sure, he wants to be this way, but if you've ever read the comics, you know this isn't always the case. He's been outsmarted by Joker, Bane, Hush, Deadshot, even Killer Croc.

Cuz the Sentry was created like 6-7 years ago and is not the first Marvel version of Superman that didn't work. As far as fights yeah he could fight Supes.

On another note a Sentry film could be crazy.

@blakep267 The way I understand it the Sentry's powers and the constant changing of power levels is directly dependent on his mental stability. That's why you can see a cool fight like in WWH against the Hulk but then see him get defeated in Siege. Also throughout before Dark Reign he was trying and told not to kill.

Question....

Wasp is strong yes but the avengers at any given time, had one of these guys the sentry, wonder man, Marvel Man and a dozen other.
And by the way marvel and d.c. both have a captain marvel.

Some of u know very little about the flash....it could make a sick movie, especially if they went deep about the speed force

laugh.gif
If Supes went toe to toe with Sentry, Supes would get his $$% whooped. 
If Sentry was moving on all cylinders, Superman has met his match and he couldn't do anything about it. 

One thing about Sentry though, he can and will finish his opponent off. Unlike Supes... Him and Goku are cut from the same terry cloth. 

Originally Posted by PRIME

laugh.gif
If Supes went toe to toe with Sentry, Supes would get his +%* whooped. 
If Sentry was moving on all cylinders, Superman has met his match and he couldn't do anything about it. 

One thing about Sentry though, he can and will finish his opponent off. Unlike Supes... Him and Goku are cut from the same terry cloth. 

No, just no. Superman at his most powerful is basically unbeatable, which is the main reason so many Marvel fans hate him.

EDIT: Same goes for Batman. Marvel fans believe his wins are so unbelievable when he just miraculously pulls something from his *#! that they consider the entire character "PIS", which I've always thought was a stupid excuse or a cop out. If that's what happened, that's what happened.

Originally Posted by PRIME

laugh.gif
If Supes went toe to toe with Sentry, Supes would get his +%* whooped. 

No, just no. Superman at his most powerful is basically unbeatable, which is the main reason so many Marvel fans hate him.

EDIT: Same goes for Batman. Marvel fans believe his wins are so unbelievable when he just miraculously pulls something from his *#! that they consider the entire character "PIS", which I've always thought was a stupid excuse or a cop out. If that's what happened, that's what happened.
And Sentry at his most powerful isn't unbeatable? The man can bring himself back to life. seconds to minutes after being killed. 
DC has a way of copping out for their "golden boys". They'll write whatever just so Superman grows stronger and stronger. And you know thats true. KC Superman is the cheapest character ever drawn. 

And you know its true. 

IMO, I think DC should make a Teen Titans movie based on the Titans group of the 80's and the  "Judas Contract" story arc

New_Teen_Titans_-_Judas_Contract.jpg

Teen Titans: Judas Contract

Back in the early 1980's The Teen Titans and The X-Men were usually the best selling books for there respective companies and often trading spots with each other for the top selling book in the industry. During this time everything happening in Teen Titans was leading up to their one defining moment. The Judas Contract.

The seeds for this story were planted over a year before it even began, when the earth-manipulating Terra joined the team. She was an immediate hit with comic fans and the Teen Titans themselves. She became so popular in her brief stint that no one could of suspected what was going to happen next. While on the team Terra gathered information about every member, their strengths and weaknesses, their true identities and their day jobs. No stone (no pun intended) was left unturned. As the storyline starts its revealed that Terra is a traitor to the team in cahoots with their arch enemy Deathstroke The Terminator. Now knowing exactly when, where and how to strike they make their move as they take out every Titan one by one save **** Grayson who recently gave up the Robin mantle.  Grayson makes plans to save his teammates and reinvents himself as he dons a new costumed identity, Nightwing. Eventually Nightwing saves the Titans and defeats their adversaries but not before one of the Titans (Terra) is killed and all are wounded both psychically and far worse emotionally especially Changeling (now Beast Boy) feeling the sting the worse as he had been in love with Terra. At the end of the story The Teen Titans move on, they have no choice but to do so, but there innocence is forever lost.

Back
Top Bottom