The Best Thing You Ever Ate Vol. Foodietalk

This Mexican spot down the street from my house makes huevos rancheros that I get every weekend. I think about that **** all week at work

Yo I'm in Peoria! Theres this mexican food truck around the cornor from my house I like going to. They have these carne asada tacos and my God from Zion, they are FIRE. The meat is cooked perfectly. Has the right amount of flavor and juices. Everything.

Attachments

• IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 22
I was a nervous wreck before getting married a few years back. So my boy hit me with the classic "I know you don't smoke, I know this".. And presented me a funny cigarette to enjoy all to myself. So me being such a wreck, I said "why not" and smoked it. The whole thing in one sitting (big mistake for my first time ever). Long story short my fiancee at the time found me outside our house after I called her and told her I didn't know how to get in the house(smdh). Anyhow, she said I needed to eat something. So she made me a bowl of Cinnamon toast crunch, and I swear nothing in this lifetime will ever compare to how good that ceral was. Best thing I ever ate.

Homie took me to a Thai spot and we got Larp I believe. It was that crack. Along with a Thai tea>>>

Reactions: Ube
Should be a fun thread.

I will add.

I have only eaten Grits ONCE in my life. That one time was Shrimp and Grits w/Crab Bisque from Bus Boys and Poets. It was good as hell man.

Next time I go, that is what I what I will get because it was a tasting from someone else's plate.

I was just thinking about how SMOKED curry chicken would taste, so fried curry chicken might be solid

Bison is crack so is venison.

Want to try kangaroo, emu, ostrich and gator.
I been meaning to go on an exotic meats tasting trip
full
for a while.
I know of a couple places in NY that serve up some of that stuff and been wanting to try it.

peruvian roast chicken... i remember having it for the first time and was like damn this is the best chicken i ever had in my life... i couldnt believe i didnt try it earlier and you mix in that green sauce with it :pimp:
Man, I was in awe when I tried Peruvian roasted chicken for the first time.

That's one thing I actually miss about the DMV.

peruvian roast chicken... i remember having it for the first time and was like damn this is the best chicken i ever had in my life... i couldnt believe i didnt try it earlier and you mix in that green sauce with it :pimp:
I had it at this place that used to be near 86th and lex here in NY. Not sure if it's still there but my boy told me how good it was so we went and I wasn't disappointed.

I miss fried chicken and mumbo sauce. That started to become my comfort food lol.

Olive Tapenade
-Black olives
-Anchovies
-Capers
-Fresh garlic
-Parsley
-Lemon Juice
-Olive Oil
-Salt/Pepper

Throw it all in a food processor. Works great as an h'ordeuvre, sandwich spread, on crackers, on pizza. I first had it at an organic spot and then ended up making it myself.

20151016-tapenade-vicky-wasik-9-1500x1125.jpg

Low key curry has always kinda been in some fried chicken batter for color. This is hard though, i've had a few orgasmic meals.

I was a nervous wreck before getting married a few years back. So my boy hit me with the classic "I know you don't smoke, I know this".. And presented me a funny cigarette to enjoy all to myself. So me being such a wreck, I said "why not" and smoked it. The whole thing in one sitting (big mistake for my first time ever). Long story short my fiancee at the time found me outside our house after I called her and told her I didn't know how to get in the house(smdh). Anyhow, she said I needed to eat something. So she made me a bowl of Cinnamon toast crunch, and I swear nothing in this lifetime will ever compare to how good that ceral was. Best thing I ever ate.
Reminds of the time I got one of my friends high for their first time ever back in high school. I gave him a Twinkie and he cried tears of joy while he was eating it. :lol:

Three instantly come to mind.

1. Jerk chicken in Jamaica. Right on the beach.
2. Best pork chop I've ever had - Kiki's Tavern at Agios Sostis Beach, Greece
3. Alpine Inn, South Dakota - $13.95 for a filet, baked potato and wedge salad. Also ordered the chocolate peanut butter cream pie.

I can safely say that if I was ever on death row and had to pick my last meal it would be those three options with a close fourth being Kansas City Joe's burnt ends.

I'll post as I remember them

Jerk pork from Scotchies in Jamaica, with that pepper sauce.
scotchies-hot-pepper.jpg

The Manjari, dessert from The conche in Leesburg, VA.
"Madagascar Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Crème Brûlée, Rosemary Caramel Center, Salted Caramel Ice Cream"

25227677.jpg

Jamaican land crabs. My pops would never eat these things, takes a level of suspension of disbelief to eat, but **** is incredible tasting.

3646085380_69a5850b7d.jpg

Plenty more, but that's in my head for now.

I'll post as I remember them

Jerk pork from Scotchies in Jamaica, with that pepper sauce.
scotchies-hot-pepper.jpg

The Manjari, dessert from The conche in Leesburg, VA.
"Madagascar Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Crème Brûlée, Rosemary Caramel Center, Salted Caramel Ice Cream"

25227677.jpg

Jamaican land crabs. My pops would never eat these things, takes a level of suspension of disbelief to eat, but **** is incredible tasting.

3646085380_69a5850b7d.jpg

Plenty more, but that's in my head for now.

Back
Top Bottom