The Bicycle Thread

That's not too bad. I'll have to look into. I just need to make sure that my next bike purchase/build is something I'll truly be happy with and that I stay within budget. lol
and thats the toughest part, stick to your budget because there always something lighter, stronger etc... it can get out of hand. Part of the reason I only added the parts i got a good deal on that i couldnt pass. Seat post was 40, fork 85, saddle 60
I went with the 06' DMP color way, figure it would look clean like a tux haha 

#FACTS...i bought a frame, a gang of parts without really researching and fell into the continual searching for cool/unique parts, while not crazy difficult i was surprised at the amount of specialization of tools & components required to put bicycles together...ended up with enough stuff to build up a second frame

Just picked this up. 2015 hi mod dura ace 2. Got a steal on it. Brand new for $2.3k. I will never go back to basic bikes after this lol. Amazing in every way

Last edited:
Just picked this up. 2015 hi mod dura ace 2. Got a steal on it. Brand new for $2.3k. I will never go back to basic bikes after this lol. Amazing in every way
Niiice bro, My cousin just picked up his in the matte black/blue colorway. It really is amazing to ride, going uphill is so smooth and easy. 

He ended up getting a full carbon Vision wheel set too. Bike looks like a damn weapon now lol nice to know you enjoy your bike as much as he is

Niiice bro, My cousin just picked up his in the matte black/blue colorway. It really is amazing to ride, going uphill is so smooth and easy. 
He ended up getting a full carbon Vision wheel set too. Bike looks like a damn weapon now lol nice to know you enjoy your bike as much as he is

Thanks! Been working a lot, not too much time to ride it, but tomorrow is an off day :smokin

BTW, someone quoted me on the bike forums then deleted....thenewjays, where you at ?! :nerd:

Last edited:

Just got my first brand new road bike 2015 Synapse 105 disc for under $1000. Not anywhere near as good as the ones in here but I think it's a good entry level for my budget.

Last edited:
Picked this up beginning of summer, 6ku track. Really like the matte blue color, it's light not to expensive. Great for getting a feel of riding a track style bike, ready to get a bigger chainring on for some real speed.

Last edited:
If anyone out there wants a cheap fixed gear/single speed, I have been watching the SE fixed gear line on Amazon. Draft-Draft Lite-Lager models are slowly going down in pricing. Im waiting for the Lager to hit ~$100 again.

$100? That's the definition of bike shaped object. At 28lbs it's got to be built from scaffolding poles. I wouldn't give my kids a bike built like that (and this week I'm replacing all their bikes after some toerag cleared us out last weekend - 4 bikes all lifted overnight last Friday).

Nothing wrong with a Langster. I nearly bought one once. They're reasonably we'll spec'd and good value.

Last edited:
Yeah It's trash imo too, but ehhh lol. Im probably going to use it as the beater.

I have a Langster and I have had zero issues with it. Not sure how the newer models are, but my model had sugino messenger cranks stock

Just got this new whip from State Bicycle based in Tempe, AZ [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Some hit me with a good suggestion for a bike mount (phone).

Just came back from Manila and Bangkok. Missing my bike lol manage to ride a homie's fixie in Manila and was scared for my life lol almost got hit hit by motor trikes every other block. Regardless, I get to come back to my bike, like with anything, building your bike makes you love it more

I live in a hilly area, a suburb of San Francisco and interested in riding for fun and exercise. What is the appeal for fixed gears over road bikes? 

I live in a hilly area, a suburb of San Francisco and interested in riding for fun and exercise. What is the appeal for fixed gears over road bikes? 

depends on who you ask. with less parts they're a lot easier/cheaper to maintain and put together. they're great for trainIng, since you can't stop pedaling. there's also the adrenaline rush from riding a bike with no breaks.

still have mine. haven't ridden it i years, but just can't get rid of it

I wouldn't get one if you live in a hilly area. That's really tough terrain on a fixed wheel bike. Great for undulating stuff but any decent climb and you'll struggle to get up and even down is hard because you can't spin your legs fast enough.

depends on who you ask. with less parts they're a lot easier/cheaper to maintain and put together. they're great for trainIng, since you can't stop pedaling. there's also the adrenaline rush from riding a bike with no breaks.

sums it up nicely, though you don't have to ride brakeless; it is still possible to get a pretty clean/simple setup with just a front brake, and depending on the gear ratio you chose you can set your ride up for how much you'd like to cruise or power

I've been riding a Mercier Kilo TT that I bought off of BikesDirect since 2012.  Other than a few minor repairs, the bike still rides great.  I can't speak on the quality of the other brands, but I'd definitely recommend the Mercier options they have.  

Thanks, I actually was going to just get this cruiser. Just want it for casual riding. http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/Mango/best-cruiser-bikes-keys7-cruisers.htm

$400? I wouldn't go near that. It'll be heavy and flexy, the components are cheap and the riding position is weird.

You'd get something better for $200 second hand.

Back
Top Bottom