The Bicycle Thread

Not to be a **** but the way hes riding, even at a few point dodging oncoming traffic is partly the reason why a lot of drivers don't like or respect cyclists on the road.
I agree. A lot of cyclists, just like car drivers, are *******s. They do so much aggressive, unnecessary ****.

I'll give him a pass because he was shooting a cool video but I hope he doesn't ride like that all the time.

Brooks are good - if the shape suits you. There are a couple of downsides - the main one is that they are heavy - about twice a modern saddle - and they aren't great in bad weather - you definitely can't leave it outside in the rain.

I've got a B17 on 2 of my bikes. I got the brown one first and it was comfy straightaway - but it was quite soft and when I got a black one it was like a rock but the advantage of that is that once you break it in they are supposed to be really comfortable. I'm not sure that the brown one is right and with time it won't be as good so I might get another one. I haven't got enough miles on the other one yet to know what it will be like.

I'm looking for a new saddle for my DS3. Been seeing these a lot on IG and also some threads on Bikeforum.com. Its the adjustable seat that you can adjust the front and back. It's tempting to give it a go. Anyone have any feedback on these?

I locked it, walked inside walmart for 15 mins and walked out it was gone. Every 3 hours or so i get flashbacks of locking it up, and then get so sad.

Im sure it exists, but there needs to be a "Find my Bike" app/bluetooth receiver

I found this little thing. Maybe only use it when you know you're going to lock up the next bike.

Looks like it may be small enough to fit in your bars, depending on which bars you run and what not. Just pop the bar end off and toss it in. Cheap solution to try out and not break the bank.

Got out and snuck in a little ride today.

IMG_1401 2.jpg

New tires finally made it in. Went with serfas drifters city 26 x 2.0. It was originally rolling 26 x 1.25. I noticed the size difference instantly in The little Test ride I did around the neighborhood. Taking it out for some miles tomorrow am.
B51D4672-F51E-4016-99C4-C77B6173490D.jpeg

Anyone in here mess with Terry Barentsen videos?

Always gets me pumped to ride, especially on days when I'm feeling sluggish.

I am currently running an old Specialized Epic road bike but will be undertaking a new project soon.

Any LA (Los Angeles) riders in here?

This video lit a fire in my ***.

Is he riding a single speed?

Filmer is riding a single speed and the dude you’re seeing is riding fixed.

Ah okay, wow, fixie for that ride is crazy.

Not really too familiar with either. I know fixie the peddle keeps moving.

After that vid I'm gonna just go ahead and cop a single speed lol.

You guys have any tips? Maybe like a 500-800 for budget.

Ah okay, wow, fixie for that ride is crazy.

Not really too familiar with either. I know fixie the peddle keeps moving.

After that vid I'm gonna just go ahead and cop a single speed lol.

You guys have any tips? Maybe like a 500-800 for budget.

You can buy a rear wheel with a flip hub.

One side is fixed and the other is freewheel.
It's nice to have that option imho.

You can buy a rear wheel with a flip hub.

One side is fixed and the other is freewheel.
It's nice to have that option imho.

Yeah saw a vid where a guy just flipped between both guess that what it was.

State Bicycle dropped a B.I.G. collab today.

It appears it's a pre-order.

Don't think I'll be indulging but bike is pretty dope.

state_bicycle_co_x_notorious_big_ready_to_die_bike_1.jpg

state_bicycle_co_x_notorious_big_ready_to_die_bike_4_medium.jpg

state_bicycle_co_x_notorious_big_ready_to_die_bike_6_medium.jpg

State Bicycle dropped a B.I.G. collab today.

It appears it's a pre-order.

Don't think I'll be indulging but bike is pretty dope.

state_bicycle_co_x_notorious_big_ready_to_die_bike_1.jpg

state_bicycle_co_x_notorious_big_ready_to_die_bike_4_medium.jpg

state_bicycle_co_x_notorious_big_ready_to_die_bike_6_medium.jpg

Yeah I ran across them while I was looking at bikes today.

Anyone have experience with them? Pretty cheap for a Beginner single speed/fixie at around 460-500 or so

So I got into cycling. Had a Bianchi Super Pista I made a while back but bought a Bianchi Aria for a proper road bike to go farther. I thought I could half *** this hobby but now I am buying a lot more from biking shorts to a helmet. Might even go clipless but haven’t gotten that far yet.

From a 20 mile ride the other day around the Bay Area.

93187928-AEE0-477D-A40A-091659039484.jpeg

So I got into cycling. Had a Bianchi Super Pista I made a while back but bought a Bianchi Aria for a proper road bike to go farther. I thought I could half *** this hobby but now I am buying a lot more from biking shorts to a helmet. Might even go clipless but haven’t gotten that far yet.

bruh i need that bike mane

that turquoise is hitting HARD AF

lmk when u plan on selling b

Pics of the super pista...i'll take it off ya hands if you don't want it :nerd:

Pics of the super pista...i'll take it off ya hands if you don't want it :nerd:
Sorry bro. I doubt I will ever sell that thing cause I've had it forever. But it's not even the color that everyone wants. It's the white and royal color (not my pic below) that I swear no one has cause everyone gets the celest green color. Just get a frame and slowly build it. It can be a fun project and heck of a lot cheaper than paying for a road bike with gears.

bluewhite-bianchi-super-pista-11127_15.jpg

where can i find frames?

I got mine on Craigslist like 8 years ago from someone that had it new. Check locally at just bike shops. If you are looking for a Bianchi Super Pista, eBay has frames up too. That Celest green is more expensive oddly. Here is a white one on eBay for $600 (retail is like $700-800) free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-Su...011278?hash=item59184122ce:g:Ws4AAOSwXMxcCDLe

But are a ton of frames and brands to look into. It's kind of overwhelming to be honest cause there are comments parts to figure out, saddles, brakes, etc. I would recommend a road bike cause for the gears but fixies are the cooler and cheaper option. I went the local bike route cause I needed to sit on the bike and take it for a test ride. Buying online seemed so iffy cause I just wasn't sure what size I was. Also when you buy locally, you get a year of free tune ups which online shops don't provide.

And if you really don't care, those State Bikes and City Ground bikes could be options and won't break the bank.

Sorry bro. I doubt I will ever sell that thing cause I've had it forever. But it's not even the color that everyone wants. It's the white and royal color (not my pic below) that I swear no one has cause everyone gets the celest green color. Just get a frame and slowly build it. It can be a fun project and heck of a lot cheaper than paying for a road bike with gears.

bluewhite-bianchi-super-pista-11127_15.jpg

That color is nice as hell, but i'm biased cause blue is my favorite.

I already bought a frame and put it together with the help of a friend.

If the weather permits, i might go for a ride today and i'll take pics of it outdoors.

Not sure if I should go for a Bianchi Pista or Cinelli. Forgot the name of the Cinelli, but I'm in the market for a single speed.

Or I can just say **** it and get the Affinity Lo Pro which would be my ideal buy. Only issue is for any of those bikes I'd need it complete.

Sadly there aren't too many shops in my area that offer fixies/single speeds. I'd even consider going out of state to buy if I can get it complete and try it out. Probably PA,NJ, or NY.

Back
Top Bottom