THE BLACK FRIDAY POST 2010: Update #19 GAME STOP BF Ad posted!

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

JUST COPPED THE WESTINGHOUSE TV
Got it at original price (6something out the door)

ill be bringing the receipt back whenever the hell i want (friday or saturday) and ask for the price adjustment
here's their policy
http://www.target.com/Adj...?ie=UTF8&node=2223356011

i wont open it until then, but no camping out for it

worst case scenario is that i have to return it and ill get a refund ( CALL COOPERATE, there is NO restocking fee)
and if i return it, just buy it back on the spot or something.
Therein lies an issue. You can't buy anything that's been returned (behind the counter) UNTIL AFTER it's been placed back on the sales floor.

Originally Posted by GJones712

I need a new Xbox 360.
nerd.gif

you got rrod?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

JUST COPPED THE WESTINGHOUSE TV
Got it at original price (6something out the door)

ill be bringing the receipt back whenever the hell i want (friday or saturday) and ask for the price adjustment
here's their policy
http://www.target.com/Adj...?ie=UTF8&node=2223356011

i wont open it until then, but no camping out for it

worst case scenario is that i have to return it and ill get a refund ( CALL COOPERATE, there is NO restocking fee)
and if i return it, just buy it back on the spot or something.
Therein lies an issue. You can't buy anything that's been returned (behind the counter) UNTIL AFTER it's been placed back on the sales floor.
You're right, but at this point, if i get my money back, this was worth a try IMO
how sure are you this will work?

http://slickdeals.net/for...php?t=2393737&page=1

40+ page thread on this tv alone discussing this move. Check it out

I work at target and I talked to all the managers at the store and they said you can do the price adjustment. If anything it's worth a try and if it doesn't work you can always return the item and get your money back.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by The Infamous

sears got a nice sony LED 46incher for 900 right now. i might jump on the deal. but i dont need a new tv (._. )

Im thinking about that TV too

Can I get a link guys??? Thanks in advance...

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

sears got a nice sony LED 46incher for 900 right now. i might jump on the deal. but i dont need a new tv (._. )

I am only seeing a 40 inch right now on the web site.  http://www.sears.com/shc/...ockNo=3&blockType=L3

Edit, found the 46inch for 899 http://www.sears.com/shc/...nel&keyword=05771710|05771240|05771716|05775150|05771021

best buy is not franchised - there are no owners. it's just a major corporations i.e. national chain. someone fibbing

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

I am only seeing a 40 inch right now on the web site.  http://www.sears.com/shc/...ockNo=3&blockType=L3

Edit, found the 46inch for 899 http://www.sears.com/shc/...nel&keyword=05771710|05771240|05771716|05775150|05771021
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Good looks son [/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by MPire

Originally Posted by BrockBo

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by dontae

Samsung is the beat brand out right now... hands down I copped a 55in led its official
RIP if you're planning to play game on any Samsung TV . If you play video game, Samsung is the worst TV for game because they have the highest input lag. I suggest you do a little research when it come to TV unless you just want one for straight movie viewing

What's the best tv for gaming then all i have been looking at are Samsungs?
Which Samsung were you looking at? Though it is true about Samsung's having high input lag, there are many ways to reduce input lag significantly, mainly on the UN 6300.

Sharp is known for having very little input lag. I have found out that if you use a VGA cable, it will eliminate input lag completely. I use this for my Wii. I have a Samsung A650, which had the best PQ for quite some time. Game mode helps with my PS3 but the input lag is still noticable. But again there are a bunch of settings that can really reduce this. Ill check up on more TV's with minimal input lag though.
All newer 2009-2010 Samsung TV are crap when it come to console gaming. Unless you get a TN monitor which are computer monitors . They have the lowest input lag but the picture quality and viewing angles of TN monitor is inferior compare to HDTV monitor.  Yea in know It suck because who would have thought your old bulky CRT TV would actually out perform any modern HDTV when it come to video game.Also using a VGA cable on your HDTV is pointless because you're cancelling the benefit of HDTV. Might as well play on a CRT.

BrockBo. The best kind of TV for gaming right now is either Panasonic Plasma , Panasonic X2 LCD or LG Lg450 LCD.
This is completely untrue. Have no idea where you get your info from but its just not true. Samsungs due tend to have higher input lag than most TV's but using a VGA cable is NOT pointless. Don't know what HDTV you have but again, this is not true. Especially if you use your Wii on an HDTV. By using the VGA, not only do you eliminate the input lag completely, but you also get a much better PQ because it uses the Wii's native resolution (640x480).

Not to crap up this thread but right now I am looking at picking up a LED tv and was looking at Samsung and Sony.  How does the Sony compare for gaming to the Samsung??

Generally yes the Sony's have less input lag but this should not stray you away from picking up a Samsung as there are TONS of way to reduce your input lag without suffering PQ. The guys at the AVS forums who live and breathe electronics post tons of different settings for each and every TV to minimize different "deficiencies"  such as input lag.

did fry's drop yet?? i need an LG 42LD520 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV for like 499.

Originally Posted by musicjunky05

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Originally Posted by TiDE619

^^got your twitter linked to your NT acct I see.. haha jp.. hella dumb to be at BB this early
I agree but my boy told me earlier today that some people started to camp @ BB already and the owner was 'mirin the "motivation" and gave them iPads?
A couple in Florida have been "in line" since Friday.. got an ipad for being loyal. 
eyes.gif
what? they givin out ipads for standin in line?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by musicjunky05

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Originally Posted by TiDE619

^^got your twitter linked to your NT acct I see.. haha jp.. hella dumb to be at BB this early
I agree but my boy told me earlier today that some people started to camp @ BB already and the owner was 'mirin the "motivation" and gave them iPads?
A couple in Florida have been "in line" since Friday.. got an ipad for being loyal. 
eyes.gif
what? they givin out ipads for standin in line?
I highly doubt all best buys are doing that.  I think it was just that best buy since they were in line an entire week before black friday. 

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by debs 168

did fry's drop yet?? i need an LG 42LD520 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV for like 499.

Let me save you the hassle of Black Friday.
http://www.frys.com/product/6231030

add it to the cart and surprise $499.00

LG 42LD520
42" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

thanks a lot, i appreciate it.
pimp.gif

i'm not savvy when it comes to this stuff...but what would i need as far as hookups? hdmi composite cables from monoprice? anything other than that?
i plan on hooking my ps3 up to the tv and want to get the best quality possible. any help is appreciated.

LG 42LD520
42" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

thanks a lot, i appreciate it.
pimp.gif

i'm not savvy when it comes to this stuff...but what would i need as far as hookups? hdmi composite cables from monoprice? anything other than that?
i plan on hooking my ps3 up to the tv and want to get the best quality possible. any help is appreciated.

HDMI from monoprice and your set. that's it for the PS3 highest quality you'll get.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

50% off at the gap until 10 am. Not bad. Got my eye on a sweater n armwarmers

Denim and hoodie here I come
smokin.gif

Do we know if it's in store only though? I doubt it's online too as I would clean house
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]What do you guys think about the 55" westinghouse for 800? Worth it??[/color]
[/color]

There's your answer amigo.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Nawth21

50% off at the gap until 10 am. Not bad. Got my eye on a sweater n armwarmers

Denim and hoodie here I come
smokin.gif

Do we know if it's in store only though? I doubt it's online too as I would clean house
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]What do you guys think about the 55" westinghouse for 800? Worth it??[/color]
[/color]
There's your answer amigo.

my boy works for best buy and said he would buy a westinghouse before a vizio.............take it however  you  want.

Everyone has their preferences, but to be honest just because you work at BBy doesn't make you an AV head, audiophile or anything like that.

Worked there three years, and you had your mix of knowledgable folks and you had people who couldn't care less about their product, just the check.

Westinghouse before a vizio seems to me like he's more in the second group than the first.

But again, everyone has their preferences.

Best thing anyone here can tell you dude is to check out the set tomorrow if you have a shot. You'll be messing with maxed out color settings on the tele, but your eyes will tell you all you need to see/hear.

LG 42LD520
42" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

is this a good deal? i've also been looking for a HD TV for around 5 bills.
im guessing i would be able to mount it to a wall right?

i don't know @!++ when it comes to tv deals and what to look for when buying
so my bad if i sound dumb
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom