The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by columbiasneaks

eek.gif
pimp.gif
if u r who u say u r

im sure some of us are skeptical tho, could we get some tagged pics?

nerd.gif

i aint neva came out and said "hey im brandon jennings guys, hop on my %%+%"

ive been on hurr for like 4 yrs, posted pics once, dont need no help from nt

but buy my jersey

BJ

You get commission from cats buying your jersey? Just give them away.......

Anyway, your swag coming out the back at the Draft was
roll.gif

JENNINGS IS THE MAN.

You kill when I use you in 2k10. Hopefully you'll make big things happen this year. Good luck.

You're becoming one of my favorite players already.

show the L the skinny dude got hops, and bust a windmill one time for the cameras some time during the season my dude
pimp.gif

got faith in ya

im mad he still types like a 15 yr old girl though. you make millions of dollars dude type like a professional adult

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

im mad he still types like a 15 yr old girl though. you make millions of dollars dude type like a professional adult

He can hire someone to type for him. You take the interwebz to serious bro.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

When you come to NY please fill the stat sheet like crazy...I plan on drafting you for my fantasy bball team so don't disappoint.

i like that face he makes
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

when i saw that pic, i was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

i look closer and watch the video, highly disappointed. still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
though.

1.That mixape is crazy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2. Brandon Jennings = pure talent. I think he gonna cause problems for defenders. He's all over the place.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by bassy2quick3131

This MIL weather gun be sumttin else
smh.gif

One of the main reasons players leave here
laugh.gif

And because Milwaukee's too stubborn to make a new arena.

Bradley center 50 years old n %%!%.

It's not that they dont want one. There's that slight problem of coming up with somewhere between 300-400 million dollar to pay for it. There'salready an extra tax to pay for Miller Park and that will be in effect for several more years so another tax is out of the question.

This will go down as one of the biggest disappointments to Niketalkers when they find out its not BJ...

Ford Edge
confused01.gif
[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]http://www.nytimes.com/20...etball/26bucks.html?_r=2
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Brandon Jennings, an N.B.A. Trailblazer, Encounters Bumps in the Road[/h1]
By KAREN CROUSE

Published: October 25, 2009

MILWAUKEE - After being undressed by the Detroit Pistons, Brandon Jennings of the Bucks stood in front of his locker Friday night at the Bradley Center and pulled on a pair of jeans. Heslipped his long arms through the short sleeves of a black button-down shirt and fumbled for the top button.

His struggles were not over. His shirt was on inside out. Jennings looked down, and a sheepish smile crept across his face. "My bad," he said ashe wriggled out of it. "Rookie mistake."

Jennings, whom the Bucks picked10th over all in the June draft, blazed a new trail to the N.B.A. He became the first high school athlete to bypass college to play one year ofprofessional basketball overseas before entering the draft.

He averaged 5.5 points, 2.3 assists and 17 minutes in 27 games with Lottomatica Virtus Roma, an experience he described as "humbling" after his star turn on the high school stage. Since then,more air has been let out of his ego. Jennings,20, may be a second-year pro, but as an N.B.A. rookie he faces a steep learning curve. In his start against the Pistons, he played like a collegeunderclassman among men.

At 6 feet 1 inch and 169 pounds, Jennings was knocked off his game by the Pistons' starting point guard, Rodney Stuckey, who is 4 inches taller andnearly 40 pounds heavier, and bullied by Stuckey's backup, Will Bynum. He missed 7 of 9 shots and finished with three turnovers and five fouls in 27 minutes.

It was the Bucks' final exhibition game before their season opener Friday at Philadelphia, and Jennings, a point guard who is competing against theseventh-year veteran Luke Ridnour for a starting spot, did not help his cause.

"This was not a great night for Brandon," Bucks Coach Scott Skiles said, adding, "But that's why you play these games, so he can get afurther understanding of what it takes to excel at this level."

The N.B.A. is faster and more physical than Jennings expected. And the players, even the journeymen, are a handful. "That really surprised me,"Jennings said. "Everyone's really legit. Everyone's special in their certain way."

A day before the game against the Pistons, Jennings had produced his best practice, flashing a take-charge aggressiveness to complement his quickness. Hehad visions of Tony Parker dancing in the heads of the Bucks' coaching staff.

But any rookie season is an awkward masquerade, full of missteps. The players who survive - indeed, the ones who thrive - realize that a love of the game isnot enough, that being a professional entails honing one's craft day after day.

"Brandon's trying," Kelvin Sampson, a Bucks assistant coach, said, adding, "The reason I think he's going to be a good player in thisleague is he always comes back and works hard."

Jennings's birthday was Sept. 23, and he celebrated by staying up late polishing his game. He texted Sampson, who lives less than a mile from him, at 9p.m. and asked if he would meet him at the gym, and they worked deep into the night.

So far Jennings's decision-making has impressed his coaches. He moved into a condo less than a mile from the Bucks' training center in St. Francis,Wis., far from downtown Milwaukee and its beckoning nightlife.

There is an Italian-made Ferrari in the players' parking lot, but it does not belong to Jennings. It is center Andrew Bogut's car. Jennings optedfor a Ford Edge, with its sticker price of $26,000. "I want to save my money," he explained.

Jennings's life experiences have given him a maturity that belies his youth. His childhood effectively ended in grade school with his father'ssuicide. Jennings left his hometown, Compton, Calif., to play basketball in Mouth of Wilson, Va., at Oak Hill Academy, where he was the Parade Magazine player of the yearas a senior in 2008.

From there he took his game overseas, immersing himself in European basketball, with its emphasis on defense and fundamentals, and Italian culture. Sampsonrecently had dinner with Jennings and his mother, Alice Knox, and half brother, Terrence Phillips, who were in town for a visit, and he marveled at their descriptionsof visits to museums and churches in and around Rome.

Jennings has seen and done so much already, it is easy to forget his peers are sitting in college classrooms taking sophomore classes. Then he casuallymentions he just got his driver's license and recently acquired his first pet, a Yorkie he named Buck, to keep him company, and one is reminded that forall his maturity, he is still very much a kid.

"There's a little bit of bug eyes in him right now," Sampson said.

It is understandable, especially on nights like Friday when Jennings's path to the basket is blocked by Ben Wallace, whom he watched lead the Pistons to the 2004 N.B.A. championship over his hometown Lakers when he was 14.

Jennings appears to be well positioned to succeed. He is working under a head coach who was an N.B.A. point guard, and in a city with fans who reward effortand attitude. Sitting courtside Friday was Green Bay Packers receiver Greg Jennings (no relation), who said, "I think Brandon's goingto be a huge asset to the city." He added: "The fans in Wisconsin, they embrace their athletes. It's all about how you represent yourself. Ifyou're sociable and work hard, everyone loves you."

So far so good, Sampson said. "He's doing all the right things," he said. "At some point, he's got to take steps forward."

There is an Italian-made Ferrari in the players' parking lot, but it does not belong to Jennings. It is center Andrew Bogut's car. Jennings opted for a Ford Edge, with its sticker price of $26,000. "I want to save my money," he explained.

laugh.gif
yeah, okay.

where are you hiding the whips Brandon?

I was going to post the times article as well, interesting pice. Brandon seems to have his head on straight, although I wouldn't have minded a nicer car
laugh.gif
I suppose he has some fam he is taking care of though. Hard to get into trouble in Milwaukee though.BJ if you ever read this my only advice is to not getmarried while in the league. I'm sure you already know though, good luck, and I'll be rooting for you.

Back
Top Bottom