The Chris Paul, David West, Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton (and Monty) thread. !+%* a team.

Collison is about to be playing 48 minutes a game if we don't sign some kind of point guard soon.
laugh.gif

And now West gouges Collison's eyes.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Hell of an effort to come back, but we can't survive by having to make up huge deficits all the time. Defending shots would probably help.

Emeka had 10 points in the first quarter, and got one shot the rest of the game.
grin.gif

Thornton - 2-10 at half; finished 10-21.
eek.gif

Bower's substitutions really baffle me sometimes.

He's going to run Collison into the ground playing him so much. I can't believe he hasn't signed another point guard yet.

Edit: And West is about to play the entire first half.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Just contest shots, man. !+%*.

We're about to be bottom five in opponent's field goal percentage.
alien.gif
T
Everyone getting injured %!%$ is terrible.

Another %*%+*%! Heartbreaker. At least the team is playing good.

I think Thornton should be fine.

All it's going to take to weather the storm without Chris is putting in more effort defensively. I still say Ju-Ju getting real burn is the key to that.

Everything else is good. Having the ability to make all these games close late when we have been trailing says a lot, but it would be nice to not have to do it nightly.

Basic !+%*. Contest shots, box out, rebound... that's it.

[h1]Hornets Won't Sign PG To 10-Day[/h1]

Feb 04, 2010 11:32 AM EST

Collison_Darren_noh.jpg
Jeff Bower said the Hornets are not considering signing a free-agentpoint guard to a 10-day contract, despite having Darren Collison as theonly point guard on the roster.

Reserve Bobby Brown was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers to reduce the payroll to get under the $69.9 luxury-tax threshold.

"We will have to redefine how we play in certain areas and play tothe strengths of our players that we have out on the floor," Bowersaid. "We have some different things we have worked on, and we willcontinue to move forward."

Via Times-Picayune

smh.gif

Speedy will get hurt too it is only inevitable.

I mean, I understand to an extent. We did have four players with six or more assists last night.

Obviously, Posey and Songaila aren't going to continue to do that, but it seems like they are really making an effort to spread the ball around, especially when Collison is resting. I'd bet the 31 assists we had last night (only 10 buckets went unassisted) is the highest game total all season.

Regardless, there's no reason not to sign an NBDL body to a few 10-days.

Although X-rays were negative, Thornton missed Thursday's practice witha bruised lower back. He is listed as questionable to play tonightagainst the Philadelphia 76ers.

If Thorntoncannot play, Bower said he would use either forward James Posey orveteran shooting guard Morris Peterson handling point-guard duties whenrookie starter Darren Collison is not in the game.
laugh.gif

I almost hope this happens, just for one game.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Although X-rays were negative, Thornton missed Thursday's practice witha bruised lower back. He is listed as questionable to play tonightagainst the Philadelphia 76ers.

If Thorntoncannot play, Bower said he would use either forward James Posey orveteran shooting guard Morris Peterson handling point-guard duties whenrookie starter Darren Collison is not in the game.
laugh.gif

I almost hope this happens, just for one game.

[h1]Jason Hart Signs 10-Day Contract With Hornets[/h1]

Feb 05, 2010 3:44 PM EST

Hart_Jason_lac.jpg
The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed free agent guard Jason Hart to a 10-day contract.

“Jason is a solid veteran basketball player that will add depth toour backcourt,

Of course he wasn't, and we almost gave away a 12-point lead late.
smh.gif

That was a a straight up must win. At Orlando and versus Boston before the break.
ohwell.gif

Good contributions all around. Collison, Posey and Mo Pete took over in the fourth quarter.

Flip went 0-5 from the line, and I know at least four of them came in the last half of fourth.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom